Code of Conduct

Default Which Alien will get on my spaceship?

This is a question for you guys who know their Thierry Mugler Alien & flankers (if a female is also reading, I welcome her opinion too!):
    I am a big fan of A*Men and their flankers, have them all (except IceMen), and would like to make the jump and get me some Alien too, but the question is, which one?
    I would like to decide between Alien EDP and EDT, Alien Taste of Fragrance and Alien Liqueur de Parfum...
    Some hints on what I like: jasmine (my main draw towards Alien), gourmands, amber, not too much of a floral mix.

Thanks for you help!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Default Re: Which Alien will get on my spaceship?

Please put them all in your spaceship and drop them somewhere far, far away.

(...only kidding).

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post

(...only kidding).
    Lol, I admit that it's a pretty synthetic smelling jasmine and that they are pretty powerful...

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    That was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Lol, I admit that it's a pretty synthetic smelling jasmine and that they are pretty powerful...
    This

I like the original EDP

Ice Men isn't half bad, if you haven't tried it. Quite a funny scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Ice Men isn't half bad, if you haven't tried it. Quite a funny scent.
    I found it a bit boring, sheer patch. But I may have to revisit it...

Alien EDP, but if you don't have Womanity Taste of Fragrance it's much better than anything from the Alien line.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

If the jasmine is what you're after then I think the original EDP is the only one you need. I am a huge fan of Alien but IMO the Alien flankers are the most redundant creations in the whole Thierry Mugler line-up.

The Sunessence flankers (2009, 2010, 2011) only add in synthetic top-notes, the rest is Alien watered down.
    The EDT is for those who consider the EDP too heavy. EDT is EDP watered down with the jasmine note muted
    The Alien Liqueur de Parfum is Alien turns gourmand, I'm talking about the original EDP with a little caramel sweetness added in. The jasmine note is totally missing in this version
    I've only smelled Alien The Taste of Fragrance briefly on paper and lost my interest right there. To my nose, it is also another replica of Alien with little changes
    Haven't smelled Alien Aqua Chic so I cannot comment on it

I suggest you go with the original EDP. It's Alien in all of her glory

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Alien EDP, but if you don't have Womanity Taste of Fragrance it's much better than anything from the Alien line.
    Hm, I find the original Womanity to be a bit too much, as much as I like fig. This one is pretty similar to the original, isn't it?
    What tempts me in Alien is the jasmine and the caramel/amber...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    If the jasmine is what you're after then I think the original EDP is the only one you need. I am a huge fan of Alien but IMO the Alien flankers are the most redundant creations in the whole Thierry Mugler line-up.

The Sunessence flankers (2009, 2010, 2011) only add in synthetic top-notes, the rest is Alien watered down.
    The EDT is for those who consider the EDP too heavy. EDT is EDP watered down with the jasmine note muted
    The Alien Liqueur de Parfum is Alien turns gourmand, I'm talking about the original EDP with a little caramel sweetness added in. The jasmine note is totally missing in this version
    I've only smelled Alien The Taste of Fragrance briefly on paper and lost my interest right there. To my nose, it is also another replica of Alien with little changes
    Haven't smelled Alien Aqua Chic so I cannot comment on it

I suggest you go with the original EDP. It's Alien in all of her glory
    Thanks Jason, for the detailed answer! So, between the two that may get to finals, EDP and Liqueur: is the Liqueur somehow an Alien meets Pure Malt?

Hm, I find the original Womanity to be a bit too much, as much as I like fig. This one is pretty similar to the original, isn't it?
    What tempts me in Alien is the jasmine and the caramel/amber...
    If your interested in Womanity TOF. Katie Puckric did a really good review of it as it's hard to describe the differences between the original. I didn't care for Alien, but if it's something you might like then go for it. Taste is so subjective.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Thanks Jason, for the detailed answer! So, between the two that may get to finals, EDP and Liqueur: is the Liqueur somehow an Alien meets Pure Malt?
    I wouldn't say Alien Liqueur de Parfum is Alien meets Pure Malt. They're totally different. I cannot detect any boozy-ness in Alien Liqueur de Parfum. Alien Liqueur de Parfum is warm and caramelly sweet. Think the base of the EDP but smoother with a couple drops of sweet caramel added. IMO, Alien Liqueur de Parfum is warm and cozy while EDP is cold and distant. However, the Alien Liqueur de Parfum lacks uniqueness due to the absent of the strange metallic jasmine top-note

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If your interested in Womanity TOF. Katie Puckric did a really good review of it as it's hard to describe the differences between the original. I didn't care for Alien, but if it's something you might like then go for it. Taste is so subjective.
    Interesting review, I may give it a try if I can manage to get a good price for it somewhere...

I wouldn't say Alien Liqueur de Parfum is Alien meets Pure Malt. They're totally different. I cannot detect any boozy-ness in Alien Liqueur de Parfum. Alien Liqueur de Parfum is warm and caramelly sweet. Think the base of the EDP but smoother with a couple drops of sweet caramel added. IMO, Alien Liqueur de Parfum is warm and cozy while EDP is cold and distant. However, the Alien Liqueur de Parfum lacks uniqueness due to the absent of the strange metallic jasmine top-note
    Hm, then I guess EDP it's gonna be! I have loads of gourmands in that same vein, what was missing was this strange jasmine...

Original Alien EDP.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Lloyd, Pure Poison Elixir!!!
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Lloyd, Pure Poison Elixir!!!
    Pure jasmine overdose? I have read that it is pretty feminine-soft...

In my opinion more or less as femenine as alien, only that Alien es a bit heavy/buttery for my tastes...

Lloyd: if you want pure jasmine overdose -> Olene and Full Jasmin.

In my opinion more or less as femenine as alien, only that Alien es a bit heavy/buttery for my tastes...
    It's precisely that combination of jasmine and gourmand notes what attracts me in Alien, for rather straight jasmines I am well served with Drama Nuuï (my SOTD) and the fantastic Sarrasins.

Then you should like Jasmin de Nuit, have your tried it? :P

It's precisely that combination of jasmine and gourmand notes what attracts me in Alien, for rather straight jasmines I am well served with Drama Nuuï (my SOTD) and the fantastic Sarrasins.
    IMO, the jasmine note (supported by a metallic and milky vibe) in Alien is very unique, modern and edgy. I've been desperately searching for a fragrance with only such top-notes but yet to find anything come close to it.
    On a side note, glad to see a male BNer wearing a floral creation from PG, a house that offers very unique creation, love Tubereuse Couture - my tuberose of choice

Then you should like Jasmin de Nuit, have your tried it? :P
    Not yet, but I have a feeling that I will soon :-)

IMO, the jasmine note (supported by a metallic and milky vibe) in Alien is very unique, modern and edgy. I've been desperately searching for a fragrance with only such top-notes but yet to find anything come close to it.
    On a side note, glad to see a male BNer wearing a floral creation from PG, a house that offers very unique creation, love Tubereuse Couture - my tuberose of choice
    I am in a PG and a tuberose frenzy lately, so I am very curious about Tubereuse Couture. Ever since I tried Carnal Flower I turned from "I don't like florals" to "feed me flowers". Hell, I'm even finally enjoying my hated iris in Iris Taizo... PG really knows how to craft serious perfumes.

I am in a PG and a tuberose frenzy lately, so I am very curious about Tubereuse Couture. Ever since I tried Carnal Flower I turned from "I don't like florals" to "feed me flowers". Hell, I'm even finally enjoying my hated iris in Iris Taizo... PG really knows how to craft serious perfumes.
    Tubereuse Couture is really interesting, the tuberose note in it is not fresh and flowery like the note in Do Son by Diptyque or Carnal Flower. It receives the same treatment as the one in China Town by Bond No9 or La Rue de la Fortune by D&G. However, instead of vanilla or coconut, the tuberose note in Tubereuse Couture is supported by sugarcane which make the whole composition lighter, brighter and borderline drinkable

Do Son is fresh? hell I should try it right now! I love "fresh" tubereuses (carnal flower, tubereuse criminelle...)

Tubereuse Couture is really interesting, the tuberose note in it is not fresh and flowery like the note in Do Son by Diptyque or Carnal Flower. It receives the same treatment as the one in China Town by Bond No9 or La Rue de la Fortune by D&G. However, instead of vanilla or coconut, the tuberose note in Tubereuse Couture is supported by sugarcane which make the whole composition lighter, brighter and borderline drinkable
    I will check it out, thanks!

Do Son is fresh? hell I should try it right now! I love "fresh" tubereuses (carnal flower, tubereuse criminelle...)
    Do Son is really fresh, maybe a step or two below Carnal Flower, but a straight tuberose also. I bought it recently for my sister and it is really great.