Code of Conduct

Default Profumum Ambra Aurea v. Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Please help me choose.

Default Re: Profumum Ambra Aurea v. Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Default Re: Profumum Ambra Aurea v. Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

why? price aside.

They are both wonderful. I own Ambre Precieux and only have a sample of Ambra Aurea, but I'm impressed with it. I'm not sure I need another amber fragrance right now, though. I can't imagine that any man who wants an amber fragrance would be dissatisfied with Ambre Precieux. I think you should go for that one, and then if you still feel the need for another amber fix down the road, go for Ambra Aurea.

I own Ambra Aurea...my first big purchase. I love it and it lasts and lasts - even after a shower I can smell it the next day.

It has a wonderful smokey amber resinous quality that's incredible and I think hard to beat.

That said, I think that Ambre Précieux is excellent and probably more versatile.

I doubt I'll ever use all 100ml of Ambra Aurea, but I'm thinking of layering it with some other fragrances for effect.

I'd suggest a decant of Ambra Aurea and a FB purchase of Ambre Précieux.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Thanks guys. Ambre Précieux is very reasonably priced so I will pick up a bottle but Ambra Aurea is simply gorgeous.

Why not also try Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterrenea too?

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    I own Ambra Aurea..
    It has a wonderful smokey amber resinous quality that's incredible and I think hard to beat.
    Agreed. This is one of my top three ambers, along with Amber Absolute & Ambra Mediterranea.
    Ambre Precieux is lovely, but much sweeter to my nose, & much less powerful than these three.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I can't imagine that any man who wants an amber fragrance would be dissatisfied with Ambre Precieux.
    I couldn't agree more - by far the best amber I've ever smelled!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Agreed. This is one of my top three ambers, along with Amber Absolute & Ambra Mediterranea.
    Ambre Precieux is lovely, but much sweeter to my nose, & much less powerful than these three.
    +1

But may I replace Amber absolute with Montale's Blue Amber. It's going to take something really special to change this trio of personal favourites.

I also think I'm a sucker for dark ambers...