Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Thursday, May 17th, 2012

I hope everyone has a great day today

SOTD: Amouage Reflection Man

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, May 17th, 2012

Good morning.

Wearing Fleurs de Sel!

I finally picked it up yesterday. The Nouvelle edition suddenly went out of stock 6 months ago and none of the SAs knew why. I finally sent the agent an email to which he responded there are several Nouvelle editions in stock at the warehouse and was surprised that they weren't being displayed at the Miller Harris boutique.
    I'd assumed they recalled the older Nouvelle Edition boxes because they had new ones.

Any how I got Fleurs de Sel and love it. A gem of hidden characteristic I tell you.

for swap/sale:

Good morning!
    from a sample

Getting into the car not long ago..husband comments that I smell nice and a bit strange at the same time lol..Poison vintage.

Earlier I sampled Chanel Beige, I like that one, nice to wear in the heat. Cannot afford a full bottle though, or even half a bottle right now lol..too bad.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

a transparent, bit non-descript woody oriental which wears very close to skin (read 'thin') from the beginning and completely disappears after 30min! i'll have to put on something else very soon. overall, disappointing after trying 'chambre noire' which i like a lot and 'still life' which i own. read alfarom's review, couldn't put it any better. y'all have a good day (southern style).

I'm in harmony with my early morning activity... I'm blending tobaccos - oriental, Perique and so forth. Parfumeurs, why not recreate that dead-gorgeous smell of the Louisiana Perique?! Ah yes, I'm in Racine (MPG).
    Best to all!

Some Cologne this morning. I have these mornings where nothing else will do, and I mean that is cologne's job after all isn't it! So, Eau D'Hadrien. I had forgotten how much I liked this, a nice sharp cologne!

Danny, the Autoportrait. Yeah. A pepper/iso e super/cedar vibe. Nice enough if you like that kind of thing, and I do actually, but not outstanding, a sort of less vulgar version of Marc Jacobs Bang!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Some Cologne this morning. I have these mornings where nothing else will do, and I mean that is cologne's job after all isn't it! So, Eau D'Hadrien. I had forgotten how much I liked this, a nice sharp cologne!

Danny, the Autoportrait. Yeah. A pepper/iso e super/cedar vibe. Nice enough if you like that kind of thing, and I do actually, but not outstanding, a sort of less vulgar version of Marc Jacobs Bang!
    yep foustie, there's a general, half hearted reaction of 'meh' from me. as you said, lots of other frags out there that fit the description at a much better price. it's nice but nice doesn't cut it anymore. i am raising the bar (my own, personal) and will not rush into buying frags just because i 'like' them and they're 'nice'. i will have to be seriously attracted in order to spend my money. i have already planned for the rest of the year to only spend money on a 75ml bottle of cuir de russie (next week or so), 75ml bottle of coromandel (july), ormonde jayne man (august - my b'day), then before the year comes up amouage memoir, amouage epic, creed royal oud, nothing else, nothing cheap, nothing on sale (unless those are), nothing as bargain, nothing from e(vil)bay. that's it and i intend to stick to it, "cross my heart i hope to die". i will not take in consideration swaps, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    yep foustie, there's a general, half hearted reaction of 'meh' from me. as you said, lots of other frags out there that fit the description at a much better price. it's nice but nice doesn't cut it anymore. i am raising the bar (my own, personal) and will not rush into buying frags just because i 'like' them and they're 'nice'. i will have to be seriously attracted in order to spend my money. i have already planned for the rest of the year to only spend money on a 75ml bottle of cuir de russie (next week or so), 75ml bottle of coromandel (july), ormonde jayne man (august - my b'day), then before the year comes up amouage memoir, amouage epic, creed royal oud, nothing else, nothing cheap, nothing on sale (unless those are), nothing as bargain, nothing from e(vil)bay. that's it and i intend to stick to it, "cross my heart i hope to die". i will not take in consideration swaps, of course.
    Wow! Great plan. We should start taking bets now.

Good morning all! We are having a very strong north wind this morning, 180 km. an hour at the moment!! Decided I would try my Chanel Beige little decant sample. It will certainly waft around, in this wind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Wow! Great plan. We should start taking bets now.
    foustie, you the devil, lol. i'd actually take you on that bet. i will not take in consideration also bottles which i have ALREADY bought and haven't received them yet (loooong journey, all the way from the mighty us of a and indonesia). but to prove my level of commitment, i have just said no to a £30 voucher from liberty's, and not to get tempted put it in the bin (spend £150 get £30 off), which was expiring at the end of may (soooo tempted though with a 50ml bottle of french lover and a 50ml bottle of zagorsk, but i was strong and said non, c'es pas pour moi).

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. SotD is Comme des Garcons 2.

PerfumedLady, I was thinking exactly the same as you yesterday. A week without Wolfie is like a Friday without wine - intolerable .

Hi peoples! SOTD is L'Air de Nina Ricci. I won a full bottle a couple of nights ago at Odette Toilette's Superhuman Scents. All I had to do was name a scent molecule and they chose mine! It was so unexpected. I had never tried L'Air before, but fell in love with it instantly.
    Do happy

Good Afternoon,

The morning sort of got away from me, but I'm wearing Cuir Mauresque today.
    Attending another London Perfume Lovers meetup tonight, the theme being 'amber'. Should be fun !

Take care, all.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday, May 17th, 2012

Homme
    de
    Grès
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d'Iris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

.vintage Habit Rouge EDT..

creed ambre cannelle

Hello everyone!

I'm in Rossy de Palma this morning. Y'all have a fantastic day!

kalli - I know you've been just coveting that vtg Poison, lol! Did you finally score a bottle?

(((Wolfie))) - I've been thinking about you a lot, too.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning friends. Today I am in Green Irish Tweed. It never lasts more than a couple hours on me so am carrying a decant of Mugler Cologne for when it wears off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ah, the lovely flowers continue!

I'm wearing the fantastically affordable and surprisingly long lasting Bronnley Lime & Bergamot today.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    PerfumedLady, I was thinking exactly the same as you yesterday. A week without Wolfie is like a Friday without wine - intolerable .
    Truest analogy ever! Have heard no word; hope all is well. Are you seeing this, Twolfie? We miss you!

No scent yet, will be in many scents again as I work through my sample pile.

Have a great time tonight, G.! You are making me so envious, which doesn't look good on me- but I don't care! I want to go, too!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good afternoon my dearest friends!

I'm in Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien today, so I'm a fragrance twin with Foustie today . How fun!

This eau de toilette smells so wonderful, so perfect. Too bad that it has such a short life on my skin, 2 hours is too little for me to enjoy it perfectly. And it stays so very close to my skin...

Anyway, enjoy your afternoon!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Does anyone know if Twolf and her hubby have left for Morocco yet? I know longer ago she said they were going on a trip there at the end of May. I too, hope that everything is alright.

SotD is Guerlain Fleur de Feu.

Have a great day!

That's right, she did mention that, Kiliwia! I was thinking there was a trip planned but for the life of me couldn't remember when. Maybe she's already off enjoying her vacation!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Hello everyone!

No scent of the day yet but a certain scent is on his way over to visit me in the UAE!

Flowers for those who are flowery:

Mummy holding her prized flower from the bunch

for swap/sale:

Gorgeous flowers Hedonist thank you for posting them. Tell mom I think they are wonderful.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Institution

Wooznib and Hedonist- you are spoiling us with those gorgeous flowers. Everyday a new beautiful flower for us !
    LadyMurasaki - congrats on your win of L'air de Nina .
    (((Twolfie )))- how are you ?

This morning from a sample - To Twirl All Girly by Pilar & Lucy .
    The name is the only thing that bothers me - I don't do girly twirls ! *LOL* Lovely scent - still can't place the familiarity of the scent .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

Rainy outside, I almost reached for Mitsouko but instead opted for some of my samples lying around neglected, so instead I'm wearing...

By Man by Dolce & Gabanna

I don't go for this type of fragrance, but it's quality and craftsmanship is immediately apparent after wearing it for an hour or so.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Hedonist and wooznib: Beautiful flowers, beautiful photos!

SOTD: Aqua Universalis by Maison Francis Kukdjian.

Great pics everybody!
    I'm in a blast of Jicky tonight... to be precise - EdP splashed on upper body, Extrait on wrists and vintage EdP on shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Great pics everybody!
    I'm in a blast of Jicky tonight... to be precise - EdP splashed on upper body, Extrait on wrists and vintage EdP on shirt.
    And that, boys and girls, is how to wear a scent !

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    And that, boys and girls, is how to wear a scent !
    Thank you, Mr. chic Jicky! I take it as a compliment!

Enjoy your amber sniffing tonight! Look forward to reading the details (do you feel the pressure already? )

Can't wait to hear the amberfest story gandhajala!
    I'm in Eau d'Italie Magnolia Romana today.

I’m playing with Kiehl’s Original Musk edt today – the most fun with musk I’ve had in ages.

Love to all.

Good evening fragrant friends

SotD has been Dune one of my long time loves. Current formulation which if sprayed with a heavy hand has great longevity.

Loving the floral pix!

I was curious where Twolf had gone to. Hope she is in Moroccan partaking of fragrant tagines. I've noted Bonsai is also on the missing list as well

summer means fireflys

I am testing Caron Accord 119 today. (Thank you for the sample, Haunani!) This is a very lovely sweet blackberry+patchouli fragrance. pretty!

Notes: Blackcurrant bud, Egyption jasmine, patchouli, blackberry, black pepper, vanilla, heliotrope, musk, amber

Happy Thursday, everyone; the weekend is right around the corner!

I've trademarked the color bleu

Such gorgeous flowers today! What is up with our Twolf? I hope all is okay wit you ((((Twolf)))).

I'm in Ormonde Jayne today. Take care, all!

For me?

Caron's Tabac Blond extrait. That's only my SOTM. Will wear other things later on.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

By Man by Dolce & Gabanna

I don't go for this type of fragrance, but it's quality and craftsmanship is immediately apparent after wearing it for an hour or so.
    Agreed !. One of my all time favourites and the relative mediocrity of what has followed only rubber stamps the quality further. They should have deemed the discontinuation a criminal offence. Glad I still have enough to last a while yet.

SotE - Royal Bain de Caron.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Wolfie last posted a week ago today so I think she must be traveling.

Lime & Bergamot is still going strong.

Hedonist--Those flowers are incredible!

Wooznib--Another beautiful plant!

There seem to be a lot of citrus smells in the air today. I have sprayed Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant , rather lightly. It is a powerhouse, and lasts forever.

Basenotes Plus

Fragrant lovelies, I'm fairly certain TWolf is travelling. Happy trails Wolfie!!

hedonist- I love those seashell cosmos!

I am doused in Jacques Fath Yin (very light fruity skin scent) Perfect for office.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Hi, everyone--you all smell great today!

SOTD is Angel EDT.

Wishing all a good day, and keep those flower pics coming!

Posting late, but wearing Romeo di Romeo Gigli, such a lovely rediscovery this spring, I am reminded why I ever bought it in the first place.

Noel au Balcon for me today.

Basenotes Institution

Primrose is back and smelling like heaven !

This afternoon - I am in the lush Fleurs d'Oranger by Uncle Serge. I love this one so very much .

Dior Homme for me. I spritzed about 6 hours ago and am loving the woodsy, powdery, iris dry down.
    Jessica spies a fairy: "You smell awesome, what are you?"

--True Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

kalli - I know you've been just coveting that vtg Poison, lol! Did you finally score a bottle?
    Well, I have been keeping my eye out but my perfume spending needed to be cut due to my hubby's hours being cut at work *sniffle*. But at least it pays the bills so I ain't complaining! I did see one I wanted but not in the budget at the moment. Bummer, as it looked like a very vintage-y one! Maybe before too long though, I will have one.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Hello, Primrose!

I’m wearing Houbigant Chantilly edt this evening.

Aigues Vives by Galimard

Basenotes Institution

Chanel No 22 extrait tonight .

Wearing old reliable Tabu today. Thanks for the pics Hednic, the flowers are lovely.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the pretty flower pictures guys!

I joined Evangeline in ELdO Rossy del Palma, just the right about of sass to be had in a rose scent. I like that!
    Later I wore Robert Piguet's new Bois Noir. I think it's going to be very successful for both men and women,
    And tonight, I found a tiny bottle of L'Artisan Mure et Musc parfum. It's confusing with the edt, then the "Extreme", which is really an edp. For a short while they did make a parfum or extrait. That's what I'm wearing tonight.

Don Juan 09.jpg This Don Juan climber has the deepest red roses of all I grew. I think it's perfect for Rosy de Palma.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Van Cleef & Arpels La Saisons: Automne. Will change into something else in the evening