Code of Conduct

Default A Lab On Fire- Liquid Night

I saw that there is a new A Lab on Fire release- Liquid Night EDP. I own the other three (L'Anonyme, Sweet Dreams 2003, and What We Do In Paris Is A Secret) and just love them!

Top Notes: bergamot, lime, safran
    Mid Notes: sage, lavender, Hinoki wood
    Base Notes: incense, vanilla, musk

Has anyone gotten a sniff of this yet?

Default Re: A Lab On Fire- Liquid Night

I haven't had much success with their previous release so will probably pass on this one - it's a shame, I like their presentation.

The founders of this house are literal Perfume Rock-stars.

Thierry Wasser: Guerlains new master perfumer!
    Dominique Ropion: alien, l'homme. l;homme nuit, vetiver extraorinaier, gernium pour monsieur, portrait of lady, une fleur de cassie, casual friday
    Olivier Polge: midnight in paris, L'homme libre

How can anything they do at this stage of their careers disappoint!

I look forward to smelling this new one!

Quote Originally Posted by walkdogg View Post

Dominique Ropion: alien, l'homme. l;homme nuit, vetiver extraorinaier, gernium pour monsieur, portrait of lady, une fleur de cassie, casual friday

Have you smelt the line though? :')

Super excited to try this! Hope somebody can chime in

Any time I see "Wood" and "Vanilla" in a fragrance I get a smile on my face.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, what exactly is hinoki wood?

Blog Entries

This will be interesting! I've bought everything from this bunch (small bottles) and have not been disappointed. Two of them were really standout for me - Rose Rebelle and WWDIPIS. And I like L'Anonyme quite a bit. The others are nice but no thrills for me.

Bena´m has quite a list of fragrances to his credit, including some I really like. Looking forward to this!

Has anyone tried this? I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a blind buy...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

OP is my fave, but nothing from that house has blow me away. I expected a lot more. The name
    and bottle design are awesome. Still looking forward to sampling this though.

Quote Originally Posted by walkdogg View Post

wasser is a wizard. tonka imperiale is really great juice. wore it today and as i was waiting outside for a taxi a (quite beautiful) woman who i'd seen inside the store earlier came out and asked about my fragrance. hats off to you mr. wasser!

Tried a few of theirs in NY this past summer. Personally wasn't impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    OP is my fave, but nothing from that house has blow me away. I expected a lot more. The name
    and bottle design are awesome. Still looking forward to sampling this though.
    I find L'Anonyme quite a refined scent, although it's not a screamer of course. What We Do In Paris Is Secret has an amazingly delicious drydown. I am very interested in Rose Rebelle and this new one...

Might have to order some samples, the notes sound impressive but wasn't blown away by WWDIP so wouldn't risk a FB. Looking forward to hearing others opinions when someone samples this soon hopefully!
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Just got this today. It starts with some strange herbal woodiness which must be the sage, with the underlying hinoki that I feel stays constant throughout the whole development. The citrus are only there to add brightness to the composition as I don't really get a clear lime or bergamot. Afterwards the hinoki comes to the foreground and is joined by incense. All is sweetened to a very reasonable extent by a light vanilla and musk.
    All in all, a very elegant perfume. A winner IMO, definitely.
    ... alas, I can't say that about Rose Rebelle, which is the other one I am testing.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Just got this today. It starts with some strange herbal woodiness which must be the sage, with the underlying hinoki that I feel stays constant throughout the whole development. The citrus are only there to add brightness to the composition as I don't really get a clear lime or bergamot. Afterwards the hinoki comes to the foreground and is joined by incense. All is sweetened to a very reasonable extent by a light vanilla and musk.
    All in all, a very elegant perfume. A winner IMO, definitely.
    ... alas, I can't say that about Rose Rebelle, which is the other one I am testing.
    Thank you for the review. In your opinion, do you think this is leaning further towards the masculine side of the scent spectrum or do you think a woman could wear this as well? (My wife's birthday is coming up and she really liked WWDIPIAS).

Quote Originally Posted by ScentAddicted View Post
    Thank you for the review. In your opinion, do you think this is leaning further towards the masculine side of the scent spectrum or do you think a woman could wear this as well? (My wife's birthday is coming up and she really liked WWDIPIAS).
    I would say it leans to the masculine side but still wears elegantly on a woman.

I just received my bottle of Liquid Night and after about 20 minutes of wearing I like it but reserve judgement. The real surprise of the order of the free bottle of L' Anonyme that was included in my order.