Code of Conduct

Default Santos De Cartier - packaging?

I haven't had Santos De Cartier for years and thinking to re-visit. I saw one for a reasonable price but not sure how genuine it is. Because Santos comes mainly in red packaging but this one is grey!!! If you have any knowledge with this let us know. Here is the pic:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...decartier.jpg/

Default Re: Santos De Cartier - packaging?

There was a period of time, maybe a bit more than a few years ago, that they used silver boxes. As far as I know. I have some silver-boxed-big-letter-C product that turned out to be ok. I would date that as being in between the red packaging of today and the sort of screw-head logo packaging of many years ago. Others here with more knowledge than I have may have a more precise idea of how old it might be.

I have seen these silver boxes either.

Thanks. Still in doubt tho

When in doubt, and I am a doubter, go to a Cartier store and buy a bottle. That's what I do. I don't play the guessing game anymore. For whatever trivial sum you end up paying "extra" by paying retail, you get samples, really nice salespeople, a smart-looking red shopping bag, and when you walk out of the store with your red Cartier bag, you get to pretend that tourists think you're a Russian oligarch. Totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    When in doubt, and I am a doubter, go to a Cartier store and buy a bottle. That's what I do. I don't play the guessing game anymore. For whatever trivial sum you end up paying "extra" by paying retail, you get samples, really nice salespeople, a smart-looking red shopping bag, and when you walk out of the store with your red Cartier bag, you get to pretend that tourists think you're a Russian oligarch. Totally worth it.
    I was hoping the silver packaging refers to the old formula. I heard bad things about the quality of the scent and longevity of the current juice (I assume it's the one which comes with the red package!!). I looked thru your wardrobe and looks like you own a Santos, is it the current formula? Are you happy with it?

All of the Santos I own is original formula. I've sprayed on the contemporary Santos at the 5th Ave store but I haven't worn it long enough to get much of an impression.

The only contemporary Santos I own is the Santos Concentree. Not the same thing, and anyway I don't think it's as good as Santos. There's plenty of vintage Santos online, you know, at that auction site place.

But you're right, the silver-big-letter-C box is not necessarily the old formula. I mean, I don't know for sure. I think it's from an in-between time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    All of the Santos I own is original formula. I've sprayed on the contemporary Santos at the 5th Ave store but I haven't worn it long enough to get much of an impression.

The only contemporary Santos I own is the Santos Concentree. Not the same thing, and anyway I don't think it's as good as Santos. There's plenty of vintage Santos online, you know, at that auction site place.

But you're right, the silver-big-letter-C box is not necessarily the old formula. I mean, I don't know for sure. I think it's from an in-between time period.
    I will avoid the net and when I get the chance will test the new formula in a legit shop and probably have it again after all these years. You've helped me reach a healthy and peace of mind conclusion.. Thanks

I have both the newer, painted black bottle and a vintage one, with silver cap, gold collar, and brown glass. I find the black painted one to be crude, too sweet and simplistic, and unbalanced. The brown glass one is quite nice, balanced, rich and natural smelling, etc. Like Red for Men by GBH and several others, I enjoy the old one but would not consider wearing the newer one.

I find both equally appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    Beautifully presented thanks for sharing

I have small 1oz "pre-C" bottle but not-so-vintage it is.
    http://www.perfumela.com/images/full...by-Cartier.jpg

As for C-s, I recently bought regular EDT (non Concentree) with C on RED package.
    Man was I disappointed, you don't need it at ANY price.
    Better go with Concentree (wich is kind of not bad) or go find vintage.

HTH
    Regards, Odor.