Code of Conduct

Default My girlfriends reaction to Millesime Imperial...

So my gf really loves when i wear Love & Luck, so i was real excited to show her a new sample of MI that i got. I thought she would fall in love with this one, but when i let her smell it on me, she said it reminded her of a stinky bathroom that just got sprayed with lysol. Lmao, i dont know where she gets that from. She was 100% serious too.I guess this proves everyones nose is unique. Oh well, thought i would share. Don't hate her lol. As for me, i think it smells exactly like its cheaper clones, which isnt a bad thing.

Default Re: My girlfriends reaction to Millesime Imperial...

Quote Originally Posted by fragnifiscent View Post
    I guess this proves everyone's nose is unique.
    Absolutely.

Darn, that sucks. I'll have you know it's a great smelling frag

What the hell?

Love and luck kills MI in my opinion. Lasts much longer on me too. I get a lot more positive reactions from it compared to MI. I just get no projection or longevity out of it. So happy there is cheaper alternatives out there.

Maybe she's saying that so you don't get compliments from other chicks that's why I think my wife doesn't like aventus and wouldn't let me buy it lol. She said if I buy it I can walk by myself alone lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My tip- wait a few weeks and then one day put it on, not telling her what you're wearing and wait and see what she does. I've done this with a few fragrances my wife hated and she's done a complete turn around. Yatagan was one of the biggest! She told me not to wear it around her then three weeks later I put it on and she says she loves it and I smell stunningly manly!!! Try and see!!!
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    My tip- wait a few weeks and then one day put it on, not telling her what you're wearing and wait and see what she does. I've done this with a few fragrances my wife hated and she's done a complete turn around. Yatagan was one of the biggest! She told me not to wear it around her then three weeks later I put it on and she says she loves it and I smell stunningly manly!!! Try and see!!!
    Yes! She actually does that all the time! In fact she was the same way when i first got my bottle of Terre D'hermes. She hated it then one day i decided to wear it and she was like "wow you smell good, what are you wearing? She not good at remembering scents. Everytime i wear something she thinks im wearing something else thats completely off

Leave her immediately!!!

I make the mistake sometimes of spraying on a scent and my wife smells it almost straight away and turns her nose up. Stands to reason as the fragrance has not had time to settle and probably has tore every nostril hair out of her head. She hated Joint when I first wore it as well and now can't get enough of it! Take your time my friend, she come around.....Mwah ha ha ha ha! (Best evil sounding laugh I can do).
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my wife hates beer. Enough said.

/thread

As a huge fan of the house of Creed, I will say that MI was a let down. I had high expectations, considering all the praise it gets online. So when I finally got to sample it, all I got was a very aquatic salty vibe with small hints of melon. Honestly not sure what the fuss is all about, and this is coming from someone who enjoys just about all Creed fragrances. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Don't get me wrong, MI is decent, I just don't understand all the hype.

A few days ago I was at work and dabbed a little Aventus on my wrists and neck. My male coworker asked sarcastically, "What smells like Pine-Sol?"

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    A few days ago I was at work and dabbed a little Aventus on my wrists and neck. My male coworker asked sarcastically, "What smells like Pine-Sol?"
    "Pine Sol" is like "French whore," i.e., another way of saying "why are you wearing perfume?" However, I have tried Aventus several times and still haven't got it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    As a huge fan of the house of Creed, I will say that MI was a let down. I had high expectations, considering all the praise it gets online. So when I finally got to sample it, all I got was a very aquatic salty vibe with small hints of melon. Honestly not sure what the fuss is all about, and this is coming from someone who enjoys just about all Creed fragrances. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Don't get me wrong, MI is decent, I just don't understand all the hype.
    MI doesn't really smell "aquatic" to me at all. Or like a sport's scent. Just very light with melon and grapefruit accords.

Banned

Yes! She actually does that all the time! In fact she was the same way when i first got my bottle of Terre D'hermes. She hated it then one day i decided to wear it and she was like "wow you smell good, what are you wearing? She not good at remembering scents. Everytime i wear something she thinks im wearing something else thats completely off

I would like to point out that a woman's sense of smell can be very influenced by their hormone cycles. This is especially true of women on hormonal birth control. It's not a 100% thing though. Some women will be more or less sensitive to certain smells at different times in their cycle. Others will have no change at all. In my case, my spouse has a much more sensitive nose than I at all times, but her perception of certain notes varies. While I am less able to detect subtle odors, I am more consistent in my reaction to certain smells over time.

So my gf really loves when i wear Love & Luck, so i was real excited to show her a new sample of MI that i got. I thought she would fall in love with this one, but when i let her smell it on me, she said it reminded her of a stinky bathroom that just got sprayed with lysol. Lmao, i dont know where she gets that from. She was 100% serious too.I guess this proves everyones nose is unique. Oh well, thought i would share. Don't hate her lol. As for me, i think it smells exactly like its cheaper clones, which isnt a bad thing.
    I own both MI and L&L and while do find they share a good deal of similarities in the mid and base, the mi batch I was lucky enough to get (from 2009) just have that fresh clear melon vibe going in the opening, that I don't smell in L&L at all.

I'm glad I bought both though, because I speculated much over just how close these 2 were in scent.......
    I still use L&L from time to time, especially now that the summer is coming and in fact I use L&L on lower cheat area and in armpit area (of course on top of a neutral deo stick and neutral deo spray) when I use MI on upper chest, back of head, inside elbow pits and my neck area - because L&L is cheaper and gives me 6-8 hours longevity, while I only get max 6 hours from MI.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Leave her immediately!!!
    Sound advice - I agree, ditch the bitch
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Leave her immediately!!!
    +lol... such sacrilege!

This thread was the biggest upset in modern history for me.
    Saw the title and was so happy it would have a happy ending

Oh no Lysol, I would have accepted a nice fresh lemon smelling febreze lol

So it's time to look for another one.

Just joking buddy .
    " In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One? "

Lol MI is tricky. Don't let her smell u up close. MI is one of those fragrances that smell bad up close, but when the air picks it up it smells amazing