Code of Conduct

Default "Midnight In Paris" in the summer heat

I'M willing to buy midnight in paris EDT (van cleef and arpels) but the summer now is starting and am afraid that am not gonna able to use it in the heat! so what do you think? shell i postpone my purchase till the end of the summer or i can get away by using it lightly in the summer? frankly i can see it somehow cloying in the heat. thanks for your replies.

Default Re: "Midnight In Paris" in the summer heat

Definitely definitely this fragrance is a year round fragrance.

It has a subtle sweetness to it due to the tea and tonka bean yet it does not becoming strong and cloying at all.

Go ahead and get it man. You will not regret it at all.

Also I have the EdP the EdT is lighter than the EdP so it will definitely work for you with no problems in summer.

Although not the ideal fragrance for a warm summer day, MiP is a good frag for any time of the year like frostyicy said.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Although not the ideal fragrance for a warm summer day, MiP is a good frag for any time of the year like frostyicy said.
    yes that's why am thinking of postponing it, and maybe get some summerich frag for now, frostyicy is listing MIP as his no 1 frag so he is biased maybe :P

I have the EDP and so far in the summer, I just use one spray to the neck and that's good. But that was when the temp was in the 70's. Haven't tried it in any hotter conditions though.

It's hardly an ideal fragrance to be buying at this time of year compared to other fragrances you may get more mileage from in the heat, but if you're interested in buying it you'll definitely be able to wear it on some cooler nights

Dependent

it's a light fragrance could be used all year round. One of my faves too. Love that it's getting attention. Nothing cloying here like A*Men or New Haarlem though even those can be worked in the summer

The EDT will be much better than the EDP, I think you should be ok, it'll be especially good in the evening.

It is an oddity of fragrance harmony that extremely dry fragrances tend to work well in the summer heat, even if the fragrance is sweet or heavy which would normally indicate it to be better as a winter scent. It is a counterintuitive assumption that the effect of sweet floral and bold fragrance like Midnight in Paris will be unacceptable in hot wether. But the dryness from Lily of Valley, tonka and tea, while also sweet allows it blend with hot moist air. Midnight in Paris is good on a summer night - adds some mystery to the dark heat. Go for it!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 18th May 2012 at 02:42 PM.
    currently on shelf: • green irish tweed • super cedar • thé noir 29 • lemon in zest • eldo hermann • essenza • royal leather • royal oud • "on the road" • oud shamash • fat electrician • millesime imperial • sunday cologne • vetiver moloko • aventus

You can wear it any time.. In fact I feel like I can wear my EDP any time, so you should be set with the EDT... Enjoy it
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Definitely definitely this fragrance is a year round fragrance.
    Agree.

thanks guys for the feedback. one more question if i may, what about Prada Amber PH, it can be worn in the summer? how about a MIP vs Prada Amber , which one worth your money more ?

Prada Amber is pretty much a year round fragrance as well. I'm wearing it today actually.

MiP and PA are too totally different fragrances. Both would be great to add to your collection in all honesty.

I got my MiP EdP 4.2oz from fragrancenet for about $58 including shipping and after a 20% coupon.

I got my Prada Amber 3.4oz EdT for about $70 from Perfumania I believe, it was $60 after a $10 dollar off coupon.

MiP is sexy, elegance.

PA is high-class freshness.

Both are great.

Do like I do - get one of each

125 ml EDP & 125 ml EDT.

I use them in a blend -

MiP EDP on stomach area & armpits (after applying scent free deo of course) and MiP EDT on neck and chest in the spring/summer

Reverse it for the fall/winter or use the EDP only in this cold season of the year.

Just like Terre D'Hermès - I layer the EDT and perfume version with fantastic good results.....
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I agree. It maybe a year-round fragrance, but in the summer, it's best used in the evenings, when it's a little cooler. At least that's been my experience with the EDP.

Eh. I guess it could be okay during the NIGHT only

in summer days? hellz no. might work at night indeed.

If your going to be out in the heat long enough to get hot then don't wear it. If your in the AC 95% of the day then you can wear anything.
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

Not even just because it'd be cloying, but its just not a scent that I'd associate with a summer day

I like it any time. In fact, just the other day I decided to put a spritz of the EDP on each of the lamp bulbs in my living room, let it dry, then turned them on. (yes, I do this a lot with many of my scents) Midnight in Paris however was beyond amazing. It was mid 80's outside, but smelled perfect inside.

It's EASILY wearable.

I enjoy wearing Dior Homme in the summer heat, it's got this coolness to it along with the light gourmand notes. I've not tried MiP yet but from what I've been hearing it's quite similar to DH and so I'd say it will be quite wearable.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    I like it any time. In fact, just the other day I decided to put a spritz of the EDP on each of the lamp bulbs in my living room, let it dry, then turned them on. (yes, I do this a lot with many of my scents) Midnight in Paris however was beyond amazing. It was mid 80's outside, but smelled perfect inside.
    Will doing this really fill your the room with the scent of the fragrance???

Is there a certain watt light bulb where this would not be a good idea???

Basenotes Plus

Wearing it today in 25 degree heat - no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Will doing this really fill your the room with the scent of the fragrance???

Is there a certain watt light bulb where this would not be a good idea???
    Any style or shapes bulb works, but obviously LED or fluorescent wouldn't work good since they don't produce as much heat as an incandescent bulb does. Yes, it will completely fill your room. Just spray the cool bulb when it's turned off, let it dry a little, then turn it on. Done.

They have rings that sit on bulbs and hold perfume oils and it roughly does the same thing.

Banned
    Blog Entries

while mip isnt a powerhouse, it will likely be heavily distorted by high temperatures.

which means mip is fine for 75% of the year, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Eh. I guess it could be okay during the NIGHT only
    Agree. I've been wearing it with 2 spray on my neck during hot day, almost kill me.