Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Eau Sauvage Parfum - Frighteningly Beautiful !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I think I saw it there when I visited 2 weeks ago. The only place I have seen it, mind.
    I recently contacted Dior, to enquire about UK availability. They tell me that Harrods have it in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    i think this is a very valid critique. It's like an over stretched, hot from friction party balloon.
    Actually, I think I changed my mind about it. I now quite enjoy it. I tell myself the balloon effect is really "myrrh."

Dependent

This is a great concoction. I really hope they never dicontinue or re-formulate this one.

I flew out through Manchester Airport again a couple of days ago, and I didn't make the same mistake I made before - I got a 100ml bottle, for £54.

I've had a nice full wear of it now, and I think it's stunningly good. Apart from the citrus in the opening, it doesn't seem to have much in common at all with the rest of the line. Though I wonder if I'm detecting something a bit woody in it that reminds me of the drydown of the basic ES? Not sure. But I am sure I love it.

The only problem now is that my wife's brother here in Thailand (who shares my liking for fragrances) loves it too and doesn't want me to take it back to the UK - I guess I'll have to get another bottle next time and keep one in each country
    Alan

How much is this outside of the Airport? I may not want to wait until my trip.

For what it's worth, the Dior website has this to say about the new Parfum and the original ES . . .

"This new composition emerges as a nocturnal signature fragrance with a pronounced citrus, woody and amber scent. Mysterious and sensual Myrrh combines with the virile potency of Haitian Vetiver to clothe the emblematic accord of Eau Sauvage."

I don't know about all that, but I like the smell of the old and the new.

Cheers . . . Wally

Another scent using an established name for a completely different fragrance. Confusing and showing a lack of creativity. And the attempts to benefit from an existing sales hit.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    How much is this outside of the Airport? I may not want to wait until my trip.
    I've not seen it anywhere in the UK - none of the usual outlets have it.

Someone said Harrods have it, but that's all I've heard - no idea of the price.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Another scent using an established name for a completely different fragrance. Confusing and showing a lack of creativity. And the attempts to benefit from an existing sales hit.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of marketing.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

got back ups together with Eau Savage extreme are masterpieces!

The only thing I don't like about Eau Sauvage Parfum is that my wife and her brother also love it and keep having a spray - it'll be gone in no time at this rate!
    Alan

Stock up while supply lasts. My bottle is gonna last me a long time as I don't wear it very often and if I do I use a maximum of two sprays.

Harrods have 50ml for £48.50 I can't see the 100ml price but I would guess it around to be £60 odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    Stock up while supply lasts. My bottle is gonna last me a long time as I don't wear it very often and if I do I use a maximum of two sprays.
    What do you infer ?.......is the pefume version being discontinued ??
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Ok this is now available at cheapsmells.com to a very reasonable price in both 50ml.and 100ml.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    What do you infer ?.......is the pefume version being discontinued ??
    Not that I know of, but with manufacturers being fickle as they are, it wouldn't surprise me if it is discontinued within two years.

Ok this is now available at cheapsmells.com to a very reasonable price in both 50ml.and 100ml.
    Wow, it goes from posh stores like Harrods and duty-free only, to Cheapsmells.com! And the price is pretty much the same as I paid at duty-free when I got mine. That's great news!
    Alan

Does anybody know where can I obtain a sample of this? I am not going to buy mixed-review smells blind anymore.

My bottle is with me in Thailand right now - I bought it at the airport on the way out, which was the only practical place I could get it. But now that Cheapsmells has it, I've ordered another bottle for the UK and I'll leave this one here.

Does anybody know where can I obtain a sample of this? I am not going to buy mixed-review smells blind anymore.
    I'll be back in the UK next week, and will be happy to send you a sample when my new bottle arrives - drop me a PM with your address details.
    Alan

This is now available in Debenhams stores in UK and Ireland at the Dior counter. I tried it for the first time today and I loved it. I'm not a massive fan of Eau Sauvage, but unlike others, I definitely detect some similarities between this and the original. This one though, is much heavier and more balmy. To my nose, it's like Eau Sauvage crossed with Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense. Beautiful stuff. I'll definitely be getting a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    To my nose, it's like Eau Sauvage crossed with Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense. Beautiful stuff. I'll definitely be getting a bottle.
    Yes I can see that. Enjoy!

Just repurchased this. Gonna stick with two sprays and I think I'll like it better.

Absolutely. Less is more with this one! I'll be wearing this again this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    It's the only Eau Sauvage I like. Got a bottle of this one couple of weeks ago and really dig the myrrh in it.
    Exactly the same for me. I've never been a fan of any of the other Eau Sauvage versions, but I adore this one. It's mostly because of the myrrh for me also. It just seems so perfect for autumn/winter. It's so classy and elegant.

I wish I reached for this more often. I always enjoy it, but I kind of forget about it. I will resolve to wear it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wish I reached for this more often. I always enjoy it, but I kind of forget about it. I will resolve to wear it this weekend.
    Same here, it will sit there for a few months and then I finally wear it I'm like "wow this is nice, I should wear this more".