Code of Conduct

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I'm fed up with mainstream fragrances so want to try something more 'niche'. Sampled Creed's GIT, Himalaya and Silver Mountain Water. Like/love to varying degrees. Trouble is my wife doesn't like them as much as I do-thinks they are a bit old fashioned. Any recommendations? She does like Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver...

Default Re: Help!

Montale Greyland

serge lutens - gris clair

Summer/citus like:
    Creed Aventus
    Odin No2 Owari

For a more masculine pleasant scent I'd recommend ( Trumper: Spanish Leather) you can email Trumper for free samples btw. Be nice & corteous, and you'll most likely get a lot of samples.

Thanks for the advice. Will try to track them down. Use Trumper's shaving soap so will definitely ask for samples. I'll let you know how I get on.

There are many niche vetivers. For instance, Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire (my favorite), Lubin Vetiver, Maitre parfumeur et gantier Route du Vetiver, and also Chanel Sycomore (not properly a niche, but available only in Chanel boutiques).

cacio

Amouage Jubilation
    Acqua Di Parma range.
    Tobacco Vanille

Talking Re: Help!

Thanks for all your help. I'll have fun trying to track down samples of them all. Don't know how easy that will be in the English Midlands!

Banned

Admittedly, not a niche per se, Encore Noire by Lalique, with its high quality and flawless execution, far surpasses many niche fragrances.

Do try it; my review of same may help:

Encore Noire by Lalique - One is initially treated to a drenched, citrusy greenness, afforded by the haitian vetiver, which progresses to an earthiness somewhat akin to the saturated soil of a marsh littered with struggling greens. A warming greenness ensues, brought about by the bourbon vetiver. A duet of vetivers is consummated. From this green, damp and dirty duet, the bourbon vetiver overtakes with a burning, ember-like texture. In the distance, the cool crispness of cypress wood tantalizes, and the tempering heart beckons. Here, the spicy cypress wood stews lusciously with the wrestling vetivers, imparting a dry smokiness to the brew. Transitioning to the soothing base, a sweetness from the cashmere wood taints the subdued vetivers, and combines with a sensual musk to impart a wonderful, dry and animalic woodiness. This exquisite fragrance has a refined and complex uniqueness. A true gem, this high quality scent has good projection and very good longevity, and warrants your indulgence.

&

Just discovered it thanks to a BN enabler whom I am massively grateful to so +1 for Chanel Sycomore would be magnificent on a an but merely interesting on a woman