Code of Conduct

Default Boadicea The Victorious, Guerlain Shalimar and Tom Ford

Hi All,

I haven't been on for a while, but today I ventured to perfume lands () and thought i'd share my experience.

Some probably know that I am an Oudh fan, and today I ventured into Selfridges, London and had a few sniffles of scents that I hadn't sniffled yet! I came across this 'Boadicea The Victorious' brand of perfume, and a lot of their scents have oudh in them... my favourite was Regal. I also tried Salubrious and Virtuous, all lovely. I wonder if any scent enthusiasts here tried it at all, and what they thought of it? I also tried Tom Form Jasmine Rouge, Musk and Santal Blush (I Love Sandalwood!). I was disappointed by Guerlain's Shalimar - way too sweet for my liking! Does anyone feel the same?

Default Re: Boadicea The Victorious, Guerlain Shalimar and Tom Ford

I briefly tried them last year. Nice but I would need more trying.

I also liked Santal Blush very much. The sandalwood in it reminded me of that from Santal Massoisa by Hermes and Santal 33 by Le Labo. A different sandalwood than mysore. It is weaker, much more creamier and much less aromatic.

for swap/sale:

If you adore sandalwood, then Samsara by Guerlain is a must!

I happen to adore Shalimar, especially in the EDP.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Complex by Boadicea is probably the loudest fragrance I've ever smelled. Sort of like a concentrated tannery, overlaid with assorted poisonous herbs. Unwearable, but fun to smell. I know the others less well (energizer seemed a standard citrus, if I remember).

Did you try the regular Shalimar or one of the flankers? In any case, Shalimar does have vanilla, although it also has various resins and tar like materials.

cacio