Code of Conduct

Default Pain in the Butt Bottles to Open... Carlos Santana for One

Having amassed a growing collection of fragrances, most are pretty intuitive about access -- usually just pop off the cap and spray. A handful, however, are too clever by half and make it a real puzzle about how to actually access the juice.

Case in point, Carlos Santana for Men, which has a false-seamed-top and a nearly-impossible to pull off cap.
    The seamed-fake top seemed to serve as an access point, and it even started to separate when being pulled on, but no, the entire silver section is, in fact, the cap -- with almost nothing to help you remove it.

Good luck prying it off. This is, by far, the most difficult cap I've ever encountered, and comes with no helpful visual diagram like most boxed fragrances seem to offer when the bottle designer decides he or she wants to be "creative."

I've occasionally managed to discover minis that I thought were sprayers turn out to be splashers, and if that cap comes off hard, you will splash that juice alright -- often all over yourself.

Any others as difficult?

Default Re: Pain in the Butt Bottles to Open... Carlos Santana for One

I was a bit worried I was going to break my bottle of LIDGE. The cap is sealed on really tight, I think it's magnetic as well.

My bottle of 10 Corso Como is really hard to open. It's just a simple pull-off-the-top type thing, but the ball-shaped top sticks and it's just a tiny bit too small to get a good grip on it. I'm sure one day I'll fling the whole bottle across the room trying to open it.
    Currently wearing: Kalemat by Arabian Oud

Blog Entries

Maybe not being able to open your Carols Santana is a good thing haha
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Okay, this is going to sound daft, but I'm often thwarted by Lolita Lempicka and L by Lolita Lempicka for the opposite reason: they look like they might be uncap-able, but there's no cap there in the first place. Doh!
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."
    Currently wearing: Sì by Giorgio Armani

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have had a few problems getting the caps off some Frapin bottles without dislodging the metal ring that fits around the atomizer.
    A real pain.

Bond No. 9 bottles seem to stick on the metal ring the first time I open them and pull it slightly off. Other than that my bottles have been well behaved.

What concerns me more are the bottles who's caps are too loose. I hate it when I pick a bottle up by the cap and it falls mid lift.

Never had any trouble with fragrance bottles but my contact lense cleaner (Total Care) comes in a tiny bottle which baffles. I can open it, with a knife and some serious cutting underneath the cap, but it is quite an effort and I can't really imagine that this is supposed to be like this.

Izod for Men

Worst cap design ever.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

I'll admit to being a total bonehead with TdH, when I spent a good sixty seconds tugging at the outer ring from different angles before realizing that I just needed to simply rotate it. Not a poor design choice though, just stupidity on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    What concerns me more are the bottles who's caps are too loose. I hate it when I pick a bottle up by the cap and it falls mid lift.

Creed...HEYOOOOO! Just about destroyed half of my collection yesterday when I picked up my GIT by the cap. It was my stupid move, but it really sucks how loose some (or most) of their caps are.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Banned

I have the hardest time getting my M out of its leather sheath.