Code of Conduct

Default The Perfumed Court: back-ordered sample

I recently ordered a few samples from TPC. I received all of them except one - there was a pink slip from them saying the fragrance I ordered is back-ordered and they will be sending out my sample "as soon as it comes in". Considering my entire order (including the back-ordered sample) has already been charged to my credit card, I'm now left wondering when I will be receiving the remaining sample.

I've ordered samples from TPC many times in the past, and never experienced this. I wouldn't have minded this if they a) didn't charge the back-ordered sample to my credit card, and/or b) provide a time estimate on when I can be expecting to receive the sample.

Has anyone else had their sample back-ordered from TPC? When you found out it was back-ordered, how long after did you end up receiving the sample?
    Last edited by CaliDude; 23rd May 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Default Re: The Perfumed Court: back-ordered sample

I have. I got it about two weeks later (international). No extra charges.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I have. I got it about two weeks later (international). No extra charges.
    Good to know. Thanks man.

You'll get it. They do seem to be mess since the girls split up. Backorders and delayed shipping are becoming common and annoying.

Blog Entries

What I would say is to put yourself on their mailing list.

I just received the "Court Report" this being their monthly newsletter with all updates and latest news.

I cannot link it to here without showing my regular Yahoo e-mail account, so - what I read there, is that they are working hard and aim to provide the established customer service.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    What I would say is to put yourself on their mailing list.

I just received the "Court Report" this being their monthly newsletter with all updates and latest news.

I cannot link it to here without showing my regular Yahoo e-mail account, so - what I read there, is that they are working hard and aim to provide the established customer service.
    This is a joke. They're always working hard to resolve their problems, with no solutions. They simply don't have the staff or funds to run the business properly anymore.

I need to be fair here. I've had the same run around from the surrendertochance gang also. Neither one of them has the professionalism I expect as a customer. Why would you allow someone to order something you don't have in stock. When I go to order something at Luckyscent - it says backordered - expected shipping etc...

The both companies need to get their respective websites up to speed, ship swiftly, and if a scent is out of stock, let us know before we place an order. Have better inventory control.
    Last edited by thebeck; 23rd May 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Same thing happened to me, except I had to wait about a month and a half for a 5ml decant of Dior's Bois D'Argent. And I finally got it after numerous emails explaining that they only sent me four of the five decants i purchased. I got an email saying they were going through changes, some employees were no longer there, and that they were also working with different suppliers.

To top it off i found out that i don't really like Bois D'Argent XP

I used to do business with TPC, but I'd rather support our decanters that are actively involved in the basenotes community. Why go outside when what you need is right in front of you.