Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Prada Luna Rossa, new male perfume by Prada

Resourced from Now Smell This:
    http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/05/23...new-fragrance/

When you click the "moodiereport" link in this post you can see the bottle design. It's interesting, but really much different from whan beautiful bottles Prada served us so far

Default Re: Prada Luna Rossa, new male perfume by Prada

Hmmm... the notes don't interest me much. I think I should explore some of Prada's older offerings.

Prada_03_600.jpg
    Eager to try this

Ugly bottle and uninspiring notes (as uninspiring as most Prada offerings, anyway).

As the article was saying, Luna rossa (red moon) is the name of Prada's boat (actually, more her husband's, I believe) in the Americas cup. So this is clearly an entry into the sports frag territory for boys. The logo in fact refers to the Prada sport line rather than the mail fashion line.

To their (Andrier?) credit, it appears to avoid marine and ozonic and go for a light citrusy top with a smooth ambery drydown, uninspiring but vastly better than the miasmas of decomposing sea life. But as usual, who knows, one will have to smell it first.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Hmmm... the notes don't interest me much.
    Nor me. Will pass.

Wow, that is some seriously ugly packaging.

Blog Entries

Extreme version to follow (in 2014)? I detect "Prada Guilty" here!

Interested, Prada make some great elegant fragrances.

Ive not met a Prada I didnt like. Worth a tr IMO.

I'll certainly give it a try!

Nothing special, tried it today... Luna Blanda....

this is going to be big in Forte dei Marmi, which is not good news at all...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Wow, that is some seriously ugly packaging.
    Was my first thought! Looks even cheaper when you actually see it on the shelf.

Banned

Thanks for the heads up.
    Will have to see how this plays out.

Interesting packaging.

I tried this today in the Debenhams store in Dublin's Henry Street. It reminds me a lot of Nautica Voyage and L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme. It has that fresh salty seabreeze smell. I can definitely get the lavender and some sage too. It's quite light and quickly turns to a skin scent, but it seems to have decent lasting power. Very little sillage.

Not bad at all, but not not hugely exciting either.

So what's the deal with this one? I thought release date in USA was September 2012...I can't find this anywhere. There's a mention on Fragrantica that the rls date is now March of 2013...

It literally just arrived into stores here yesterday, so it might be coming out in the US around now also?

Basenotes Junkie

Sounds good to me...you had me at spearmint and clary sage.

I sampled this , was NOT impressed, take any generic aquatic fragrance add some lavender and sage notes and voila you got luna rossa. Sillage is poor, longevity is decent. 4/10

Today I tried it. I don't find it that bad, actually my first impression is quite good. Anyhow, I've found an interesting discussion:

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...2_perfume.html

Sniffed this today - Stinks. Smells really cheap and generic, Also got the lavender and sage smell, Will be passing on this for sure.

got a sample of this and don't think much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I sampled this , was NOT impressed
    Goes for me too I'm afraid.

It's much worse than I've could ever imagine.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a winner of 2012 season to me. A rare example of sporty fragrance that possesses a high quality of ingridients. What I feel is lavender, mint and a typical Prada soapy accord. The fragrance smells quite balsamic at the same time, it reminds me of Cerruti Si a lot.
    Nice projection, high longevity.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 19th October 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    That's a winner of 2012 season to me. A rare example of sporty fragrance that posesses a high quality of ingridients. What I feel is lavender, mint and a typical Prada soapy accord. The fragrance smells quite balsamic at the same time, it reminds me of Cerruti Si a lot.
    Nice projection, high longevity.
    I absolutely agree. It has a nice bitter orange opening followed my lavender and mint. It's really clean typically for Prada perfume for men. It's nice and different take on fashion house taking a step into sporty. Luna Rossa definitely isn't another copy of ozonic, aquatic, marine sporty scents that have been released this year before the Olympics.

I think the packaging and bottle look good.
    Spearmint & Bitter Orange have me interested. If the underlying aquatic freshness has a very distinctive refinement to it instead of just covering all the plasticy-ness of calone with dry or dusty accords....I'll be pleased. Far too many new aquatics try to hide their wetness behind generic, bland, parched tones. Is there any fruity of floral or citric aspect on the drydown ? Can't wait to test this.

When does it come to the USA ?

This one has grown on me a LOT. I really, really like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    It's much worse than I've could ever imagine.
    +1 Underwhelming is an understatement

It was sitting right next to PA Intense -- different worlds

Smelled this today. Wishy-washy, characterless rubbish.

Ok, I'm a little behind on trying this one, but I have to speak up in its defense. I don't love it and I probably won't buy it, but why someone would pan Luna Rossa while voicing appreciation for Amber and/or Infusion d'Homme, I don't know. To my nose, the heart and base of Luna Rossa is a mash-up and Amber and Infusion, but with a surprisingly nice and smooth aromatic top accord of mint and soapy lavender, as advertised.

Not really a creative leap for Prada, but not bad. I would use this, but I already have Amber, and I think I like the cool-spice neroli opening of Amber better than this...and I have plenty of other nice soapy aromatics. If you like the Prada style, there's a good chance you'll like it. It would be a good starter for someone who wants to dabble in aromatic/herbal notes but isn't quite ready to take on something like Azzaro PH or Yatagan, or just wants a modern take on the genre...though New West would still be better.

Still, this would be a good choice for someone after a wearable and high quality soapy warm weather scent that isn't overtly aquatic. Overall: I can't rate it badly just because I like Amber and Infusion slightly more. It's similar, and it's still good.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 11th January 2013 at 03:41 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm in the exact same boat. The first time I tried it I was not impressed at all, in fact I kinda just shook my head and thought it was a flop. But I always force myself to wear a frag at least 4 times before solidifying an opinion and this one has definitely gotten better with a few wearings. It doesn't have the Wow factor of the other Prada's to me, but holds its own quite well. Having said that, I don't know if I will be adding it to my collection anytime soon, but definitely worth trying.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Very, very encouraging.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I love it. My favorite scent of 2012.

Those who love Infusion d'Homme will probably love Luna Rossa as well. It has the same quiet, clean aura. It is not outrageous to have called it Infusion d'Lavendre.
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 13th January 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Tried it the other day and thought it was very poor.
    Spearmint and clary sage probably are the main notes but it's not as interesting as it sounds.
    Seemed like Cartier Roadster with the good bit removed combined with a thin creed MI copy.
    Pass.

Got a sample of this at Macy's yesterday, and put it on for a full wearing today.

First off, props to Prada/Puig/Coty for making a marine-themed fragrance that isn't an aquatic. But Luna Rossa is VERY similar to John Varvatos Artisan in terms of the lavender/citrus opening and woody musky drydown. It's a very good fragrance, but if you already have Artisan (another very good fragrance) in your collection, there's no need to buy this one as well.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

This ended up being my favourite release of 2012. Great longevity too!

synthetic nothingness!

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    synthetic nothingness!
    Hmm, I'm usually the first to say that about new fragrances, but I just don't think it applies here. Oh well.

Got a sample coming in the mail this week. Looking forward to trying it. Overall, I enjoy the Prada house's offerings

CologneFan85

Horrid IMO

I tried it, I found it to be a watered down version of amber pour homme with mint. I did not find it similar to Artisan at all, which is all about the tangerine note.

My Macy's guy told me they have sold out of this twice now. It smelled nice but weak, as did Fan di Fendi Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My Macy's guy told me they have sold out of this twice now. It smelled nice but weak, as did Fan di Fendi Pour Homme.
    Blimey it just shows why they put so much of the budget into marketing. That said I would rather smell this on folk then the sweet'n'fruity concoctions which are so popular.

I have a sample. While it isn't something I would buy and wear, imo it is the best of the men's Prada line. I am not a fan of Prada Amber and Prada Amber Intense. They just have a weird unfresh soapy smell to them. Luna Rossa tones this weird soapiness down and adds mint and bitter orange to add some freshness to it. So if you are a fan of Amber and Amber intense, I can see you not liking this as much but if you don't like Amber and Amber Intense, then I would say give Luna Rossa a try.

I tried it but didn't find it appealing. It has some DNA of the Prada amber pH with a hint of citrus and minty notes. Prada's trademark soapy vibe is intact with it as well. Longevity is good.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Tried this a few weeks ago. Not bad. Generic frag that takes a different route from Prada Amber and Intense. But, this does smell like a multitude of frags I smelled before. Would I buy it? Naw, maybe when the price goes down, I might!

Didn't like it at first but have grown to really appreciate it. This is a great everyday, go to fragrance. It is a nice dress up fragrance as well. The opening is very ight and refreshing with spearmint and lavender. The clary sage adds some uplifting spice which is supported and made radiant with Ambroxan and then a soft almost powdery smooth base with ambrette. This has the same kind of fresh opening + clean cut softness of some of the classics like: Chanel Pour Monsieur, Tiffany for Men, Monsieur de Givenchy have. Perhaps the name is misleading and threw me onto the wrong track initially. But it is a good fragrance. Clean trustworthy fresh opening with a very soft comfortable base. Uplifiting. I think it is an exceptional fragrance.

Citrus and Lavender. Smells good, but forgettable. I think it smells like the fragrance dept. of Macy's, the combination of all the testers. I am selling my sample on EBAY...It is just too generic.

Basenotes Institution

I liked it. I would call it Infusion de Lavende or Infusion de Marine to be more exact. It's nothing mind-blowing but it's interesting. I love the bottle, nice and heavy, like a set of field binoculars or something like that. If this hits discounters (like Marshall's) I'll definitely get a bottle and I think the Shower Gel would smell great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Nice!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Is anyone getting Neroli in this ? I know orange is listed but sitting in the background is that sweetness. Im really thinking that this will make for a great summer scent. Today was warm here in Phoenix 80's and the lavender tames it down and still has Pradas soapy vibe. The spearmint lasted from beginning to end, which I found unusual, like someone was chewing a fresh piece of gum in the room. Nothing really wrong with this one, quite pleasant and refreshing. The bottle, cool, and has no cap. The shower gel and the aftershave smell identical, to me. Will give these a whirl in the morning.

Among the ones enjoying this fragrance, liked it from the very first testing.

Of all the designer releases in the past year, this is easily the best one.

Hope you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Is anyone getting Neroli in this ? I know orange is listed but sitting in the background is that sweetness. Im really thinking that this will make for a great summer scent. Today was warm here in Phoenix 80's and the lavender tames it down and still has Pradas soapy vibe. The spearmint lasted from beginning to end, which I found unusual, like someone was chewing a fresh piece of gum in the room. Nothing really wrong with this one, quite pleasant and refreshing. The bottle, cool, and has no cap. The shower gel and the aftershave smell identical, to me. Will give these a whirl in the morning.

meh
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Bought the 150 ml version after sampling it.

i like it quite a bit.

Rating: 8/10
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Bought the 150 ml version after sampling it.

i like it quite a bit.

Rating: 8/10
    I would have to agree with 8.0, maybe 8.5 giving more time with it. Its balanced as all Pradas are. The spearmint works for me here. I would normally never give a citrus dominant a 9 or higher, so 8.0 is good.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    I don't get neroli. But I do smell neroli in the other masculine Prada, Infusion d'Homme so perhaps the two (in your head) are associating with each other?

Looking forward to getting maybe a sample of the fragrance & the shower gel too. Sounds like it will be a wonderful addition to the summer rotation.

Still...I'd like to give it a full wearing from a sample before I commit to a full bottle.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac