Code of Conduct

Default If I like to wear Hermes Rocabar, what else will I like to wear?

Ladies and Gentleman,

I am a big fan of Hermes Rocabar and am looking for recommendations of similar, but obviously not identical, fragrances, which also have good longevity and sillage.

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: If I like to wear Hermes Rocabar, what else will I like to wear?

Maybe Zino Davidoff, Opium PH (and all its flankers), Esencia Loewe, Halston Z14, even Chanel Antaeus,
    Jaipur Homme and Tuscany PH
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 5th November 2009 at 07:41 PM.

I'm a fan of Rocobar myself, others that may be of interest to you are:

Bel Ami
    Terre d'Hermes
    Guerlain Derby
    Last edited by RubenC; 5th November 2009 at 07:46 PM.

I too am a big fan of Rocabar. I tend to think of Rocabar as combining sensual and elegant themes, and that it what I think of when I look for similarity (as opposed to specific notes). Perhaps Creed's Bois du Portugal would be the scent I would associate with this, even though they don't smell alike, nor would they be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenC View Post
    I'm a fan of Rocobar myself, others that may be of interest to you are:

Bel Ami
    Terre d'Hermes
    Guerlain Derby
    I think Derby is a good choice on this list.

Perhaps Chevignon. Again, not exactly similar, but it has the woodsy/sweet leathery theme.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Off-Scenter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 28th November 2009 at 03:40 AM.

Thanks for the recommendations. I recall being interested in Derby, but when I search for it I find that it is available but at an ultra expensive price point. Has it been discontinued?

Off-Scenter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 28th November 2009 at 03:41 AM.

Cool Re: If I like to wear Hermes Rocabar, what else will I like to wear?

Quote Originally Posted by auee View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman,

I am a big fan of Hermes Rocabar and am looking for recommendations of similar, but obviously not identical, fragrances, which also have good longevity and sillage.

Thanks for the help.
    I also like Rocabar. Let's see if I mixed the Juniper Berry of Himalaya with some cypress ( where are the hard core coniferous fans?)-Hm, no that wouldn't quite work.

For me Rocabar is a fruit/pine needle October/ autumn scent that is well made,

Oh let's just get on with it! Look up the reviews of what we recommend:

1. Nicole Miller for Men

2. Creed's Epicea, Cypress-Musc or Selection Verte

3. Yves Rocher Homme Nature

4. Le Roy Soleil Homme by Dali

5. Quasar by J del Pozo (It's that treemoss base with an aquatic/fruit opening)

6. Montana Parfum d'Homme (Original 1989 version)--Good luck finding it.

7.Either L'Occitane Vettiver or OV by Creed. Probably the former.

8. Habit Rouge by Guerlian

9 Possibly Versace l'Homme (1984) As a summer version? No fruity notes in this one.

And last but not least Patou PH Privee----Good luck finding this, too.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 5th November 2009 at 11:23 PM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Guerlain Heritage does have the similar vibe with Rocabar. Although I find Heritage to have more body and depth compared to Rocabar.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 6th November 2009 at 12:10 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I was going to suggest Heritage, as well. It smells pretty different, but it does share a prominent cedar note and has a similar brightness. Terre d'Hermes has some nice cedar but a very different character.

I am a rocabar man - but only one cut it for me after many months of search for something better, my signature scent
    "Jaipur Homme EDP" by Boucheron.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    I am a rocabar man - but only one cut it for me after many months of search for something better, my signature scent
    "Jaipur Homme EDP" by Boucheron.
    Very nice one indeed.