Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default L'occitane... My new favorite house

I recently purchased Eau de Baux and absolutely love it... If it wasn't so warm outside I'd TRY to make this my signature scent. I wish I would have discovered it before I purchased Tobacco Vanille. I am looking forward to wearing the crap out of this in the fall. Anyway, this is not my new favorite fragrance house only because of eau de Baux, but because of the quality for the price. They could have easily charged over $100 and I would have probably bought it. Projection is good, longevity is amazing, and the overall smell is fantastic. I've read reviews on many of their other fragrances that interest me like Eau Du Badian, L'occitane eau de toilette, and Vevyter eau de toilette. It seems that most people that try these fragrances, like or love them! That's a very rare quality in a house, to have such a great line up at such a low price... I'm impressed. I plan on making a trip to the l'occitane store in NYC and sniffing and buying a couple, if not all, of the fragrances I mentioned above...

Dependent

Default Re: L'occitane... My new favorite house

An underrated house, their fragrances contain lots of inexpensive, high-quality naturals. I only own one but I respect the others of the line a lot.

Pretty good stuff. Spicebomb reminds me of Eau de Baux. The only other one I've smelled was very citric and I can't remember the name of it, but it smelled of quality.

Great house at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Pretty good stuff. Spicebomb reminds me of Eau de Baux. The only other one I've smelled was very citric and I can't remember the name of it, but it smelled of quality.
    I have about 10ml of spicebomb... Now that u mention it, they deff smell similar... Do u think it's worth getting spicebomb if I have eau de Baux?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    I have about 10ml of spicebomb... Now that u mention it, they deff smell similar... Do u think it's worth getting spicebomb if I have eau de Baux?
    I wouldn't bother with Spicebomb unless your buying it because you don't have a sweet fragrance to fill a spot in your rotation. Personally I think Eau de Baux wipes the floor with it.

Where can eau de baux be ordered online????

I wouldn't bother with Spicebomb unless your buying it because you don't have a sweet fragrance to fill a spot in your rotation. Personally I think Eau de Baux wipes the floor with it.
    Hmmmm I just sprayed them both on the top of each hand and am comparing them. Spicebomb definitely projects more and is way sweeter than eau de Baux... Eh... Idk... Everytime I take it off my "want" list, something makes me want it again lol

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Where can eau de baux be ordered online????
    On their site

Hmmmm I just sprayed them both on the top of each hand and am comparing them. Spicebomb definitely projects more and is way sweeter than eau de Baux... Eh... Idk... Everytime I take it off my "want" list, something makes me want it again lol
    I like Spicebomb don't get me wrong. For me it's one of those fragrances that has little bits of other fragrances which always makes you wonder if you really need it. Definitely not unique, but if you have a sweet tooth.....

Cool thanks...

So eau de baux is it that good???

Though I don't typically blind buy would you say it is a safe blind buy???

Now that I think about it I'm not a fan of incense at all and Eau de Baux is one of the very few fragrances I really like that has incense as one of the main players. The other one oddly enough is Victor and Rolf's Antidote. Lol. When I say I'm not a fan, I mean that if I smell a strong church type incense it actually pisses me off.

Cool thanks...

So eau de baux is it that good???

Though I don't typically blind buy would you say it is a safe blind buy???
    Hmmm idk man everyone has their own preference... I love it , and if u read reviews, most of them are positive... U can also buy it here and get 20% off

http://www.beauty.com/beauty.asp?cat...=0&trxp3=1%7c1

Now that I think about it I'm not a fan of incense at all and Eau de Baux is one of the very few fragrances I really like that has incense as one of the main players. The other one oddly enough is Victor and Rolf's Antidote. Lol. When I say I'm not a fan, I mean that if I smell a strong church type incense it actually pisses me off.
    Yea, I'm very particular on incense... I like the incense in Eau de Baux and Amouage Jubilation... But that's about it... So far anywah

Dependent

Hey good call, I just tried Spicebomb Monday. It was an annoyingly sweet version of something kinda good and was trying to figure it out -- definitely Eau des Baux.

Love this house also. Currently have 14 of their scents in my collection and will probably add more in the future.

Yea, I'm very particular on incense... I like the incense in Eau de Baux and Amouage Jubilation... But that's about it... So far anywah
    Oh yeah, Jubilation is just so damn smooth and well blended. You might want to try to get a small decant of Antidote if you haven't smelled it yet. Probably cheaper than Spicebomb. Not to get off the subject.

Hmmm idk man everyone has their own preference... I love it , and if u read reviews, most of them are positive... U can also buy it here and get 20% off

http://www.beauty.com/beauty.asp?cat...=0&trxp3=1%7c1
    Cool is this site legit??? And how to get 20% off???

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Love this house also. Currently have 14 of their scents in my collection and will probably add more in the future.
    14?! I didn't know they had that many 0_o

Cool is this site legit??? And how to get 20% off???
    Yea site is legit, and just add it to the cart and it takes it off

Banned

You might want to try to get a small decant of Antidote if you haven't smelled it yet. Probably cheaper than Spicebomb. Not to get off the subject.
    +1 ...

Another Eau des Baux fan here. I definitely prefer it to Spicebomb, which has a plasticky note to my nose.

I've been a L'Occitane fan for years. If you can get hold of their Labdanum de Seville, that's worth smelling, too.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Just tonight I spent some time browsing at a charming L'Occitane store, sampling their natural, steam-distilled fragrances. Their Verbena projects a light, green, lemony, unisex scent that's perfect for hot weather. Ring up an 8.4 oz shower gel at $20. Their L'Occitane edt for men starts out nice with lavender and woodsmoke, but then heavy musk kicks in, and it becomes kind of a men's room soap ala Mugler cologne. No sale. Their Vetyver instantly transported me to an old barn in Maine in autumn with it's rich, earthiness - woods and smoke lightened by nutmeg, making it starkly beautiful. A September buy.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 4th July 2012 at 05:11 AM.

I wholeheartedly recommend that you look for the crown of men´s line of fragrances from L´Occitane. Unfortunately discontinued in several countries, you might be lucky if you find it!

"Eau des 4 Voleurs" or "4 thieves" IMO is their best.

The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    "Eau des 4 Voleurs" or "4 thieves" IMO is their best.
    Agreed. Nutmeg, soft herbs, vetiver, and musk. Class all the way.

Indeed yes. Not only that their cosmetics are great, I am also eager to try their scents.

Fantastic house, affordable price too, very impressed with their releases

In a minority though my opinion is, I enjoyed the opening of Eau de Baux, but found it cloyingly sweet by the end. I am not very fond of it at all. I have sampled some of their other scents, and nothing really caught my notice as being truly within the tradition of Western perfumery. All a bit simple. But I will make a point of trying Eau des 4 Voleurs when I next can; I am always willing to revise an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Another Eau des Baux fan here. I definitely prefer it to Spicebomb, which has a plasticky note to my nose.

I've been a L'Occitane fan for years. If you can get hold of their Labdanum de Seville, that's worth smelling, too.
    I second that. This house has incredible quality, also in their soaps and shower gels. Btw, and I always say it here, the Eau des Baux shower gel is friggin' fantastic.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Eau de Baux is good stuff and on my list to buy. If Tobacco Vanille and Eau de Baux were both the same price ~$50, I would choose Eau de Baux all day.