Code of Conduct

Default Spicy and nothing sweet

Hi I'm a new connoisseur and I love spicy/hate sweet.... I'm looking for cologne's that I don't have to travel far distances (from ottawa, ontario) to get. Also don't use the web for purchases much either. But that being said... I love love spicy stuff, especially peppery....... citrus, aquatic, sporty, and woodsy are all ok in the background.... but noooooo sweetness, any sweet smell and it's in the garbage... any recommendations for a guy like me? thanks

Default Re: Spicy and nothing sweet

Marc Jacobs Bang is black pepper and not sweet at all.

Cartier Declaration.

Caravelle Epicee is very spicy.

for swap/sale:

+1 bang. Also to me Egoiste is spicy, due to cinnamon.

Gengis Khan

Opus 1870 by Penhaligons

Sound Scents

Piper Nigrum by Villoresi
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

+1 Opus 1870 - Spicy cedar wood and rose.
    +1 Piper Nigrum - This is the King of spice that has that tiger balm feel to it. Intense with no sweetness.

Banned

I would also recommend Bang by Marc Jacobs, but the sweet benzoin in the base may not be to your liking, although it is a tangential note commingling within the composition - see below ↓↓↓.

Bang by Marc Jacobs
    - One is initially treated to an explosion of a sparkly pepper, unrestrainedly furnished by the pepper triumvirate - black pepper with its smooth, almost woody presence, pink pepper with its hay-like, potpourri air and white pepper with its earthiness. This jumble is very velvety rather than sharp in texture. A faint woodiness beckons the lively opening to its middle. Here, in the heart, sundry woods and faint greens tame and infuse the vibrant pepper, and pass it to the waiting base. Bitter and earthen vetiver, somewhat peppery and herbaceous patchouli, musky and leathery white moss, smoky, citrusy and woody elemi as well as earthy and sweet benzoin create a dark concoction to absorb the heart. A byproduct of the commingling of the middle's conifers and dry cedar with the components of the robust base makes for a fleeting, turpentine-ish vibe, otherwise the much subdued, foreboding melange flows to its alluring drydown. This inviting composition can be an all-season scent, and has good projection and average longevity.

and try:

Olibanum by Profumum - Upon application, one is treated to a medicinally resinous myrrh, at once cooling and green, but sharply sour, with a slightly moist, mushroom-like mustiness. And, a somewhat dark, orange blossom infuses its sweet fruity, earthy and indolic aspects. This dank, green melange meanders to the middle, where a pure olibanum, reminiscent of an infusing frankincense during the celebration of a High Mass, envelops the bitter greenness with its alluring splendor. A faint, rustic tabacco undercurrent, like a freshly-opened pack of cigarettes, drifts in and out. Transitioning to the comforting base, a smooth and creamy sandalwood lifts the frankincense, while a slightly terpene, conifer nuance presents. A sublime drydown ensues. An exalted scent to be sure, this masculine composition is an all-season fragrance, with average projection and good longevity.

I know a good fragrance store in Aylmer which is located in the mall where the Canadian Tire is. They have Penhaligon, Creed, Frapin and L'Artisan Parfumeur and many more. Her name is Olga and she will let you try as much as you want. She is an authorized distributor or the above fragrances except for Creed but she has the real deal. Try it, you won't regret it.