Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If you could only own 1 Bottle from BOND No.9 Which one would it be?

The Title says it all , everyone is welcomed to share their opinion!

Default Re: If you could only own 1 Bottle from BOND No.9 Which one would it be?

New Haarlem.

Default Re: If you could only own 1 Bottle from BOND No.9 Which one would it be?

Riverside Drive.

west side

Why So Serious?

Harrods Oud
    Last edited by HackerX; 24th May 2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I can easily live without any of them

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Hmm, hard one. For me, it's a toss up between 3 (Chez Bond, Andy Warhol Montauk, and High Line).

Alfarom - then you need to be on another thread

Coney Island probably.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    Alfarom - then you need to be on another thread
    I don't see why....this is my opinion and it's as respectable as anyonelse's.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Hsle

NH...only one I have amd only one I like so far

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I currently am

New York Oud is the first I bought and I love it; it just won a FIFI award for Perfume Extraordinaire of the Year 2011. But I love New Haarlem and Harrod's Oud too.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

This!

The thread says, which would be your bond perfume , if you could only buy one - it doesnt say if you could live with/or without bond - but i guess everyone's welcome to flood the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    New York Oud is the first I bought and I love it; it just won a FIFI award for Perfume Extraordinaire of the Year 2011. But I love New Haarlem and Harrod's Oud too.
    Indeed - smells just superb!

how different is the Harrod's Oud though?

Silver Factory
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

how different is the Harrod's Oud though?
    Harrod's Oud is very "oudy" and woody, a bit peppery and dark, dry. New York Oud has rose, saffron and plum with some patchouli, citrus and musk and a bit of amber. The two are very different!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

New Haarlem

I love Ny for all... It's the only Bond No 9 bottle I've owned and kept

I keep hearing, new haarlem again and again - i just hope it doesnt smell like Bulgari Black or Body Kouros my two nightmare scents - the local Bond No.9 Store - doesn't seem to have the New Haarlem and Little Italy..need to blind buy this..

Saks Fifth Avenue For Him

I haven't tried all of the hundreds of them yet, but of those I have, I would say Chez Bond, that is, if you don't already own GIT.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

New Haarlem I just do not like one bit. Such a heavy maple syrup experience is what my nose gets from it. I only own Brooklyn and have kept it. The only other bottles I'd consider:

New York Oud
    Bleecker Street
    Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

New Haarlem is definitely blind buy worthy. If you enjoy very sweet scents, NH is very good. It is my favorite Bond No. 9 fragrance, even though I only own I <3 New York for All.

From my somewhat limited experience, New Haarlem (I currently own 3 Bonds, and plan to explore the line further soon).

bleeker street

Toss up between Harrod's Oud and New Haarlem.

Chinatown,or maybe Bryant Park. But I am going on descriptions only, as I have never even seen a bottle of Bond No.9 perfume yet.
    Last edited by Roper-Hall; 25th May 2012 at 03:33 PM.

I keep hearing, new haarlem again and again - i just hope it doesnt smell like Bulgari Black or Body Kouros my two nightmare scents - the local Bond No.9 Store - doesn't seem to have the New Haarlem and Little Italy..need to blind buy this..
    I own both New Haarlem and Bulgari black and New Haarlem doesn't smell like Black in my opinion.

Also, New Haarlem is the only bottle I own from Bond No.9, and would love to give Riverside Drive a try or Coney Island.

Basenotes Member

i really like ny oud, silver factory,ny for all,west side. so if i had to choose just one it would be ny for all

Riverside Drive

Harrod's Oud. I recently had a 10ml decant I went through in a week. I like this one. Otherwise not a fan of the house in general.

Martin

New Haarlem smells just like Rochas Man. Only difference is New Haarlem is thicker and has monster projection and longevity Rochas Man is 6 times cheaper tho.

To answer the question the 2 Bonds I like the most are Brooklyn and Bleecker which I already own so to me these were must haves.

My next will be probably be I <3 NY for All for fall and winter.

I <3 NY for All>>>>>New Haarlem.

At least to me.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 30th May 2012 at 03:06 PM.

Between New Haarlem(Fall/Winter) or Bleecker Street(Spring/Summe).

If I had to pick only one then it would be New Haarlem I LOVE IT. However I can't see myself wearing it every day.

I only like two of the ones I have sampled and they are New Haarlem and Silver factory. I have a sample of Silver Factory and I own a bottle of New Haarlem.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Harrods for Him

Harrod's Oud, but I would be happy with Bleeker Street.

Boy that's tough, they have quite a few good ones. Silver Factory is my favorite of the line, but it isn't the most versatile (too strong in the heat for me!). So I would probably go with Riverside Drive.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

This is easy: Washington Square
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Seems pretty divided. I'm going to throw out Andy Warhol Andy Warhol just to be different.

Really want to try New York Oud...

New Haarlem. I do like NY For All and Riverside Drive as well.

I have only tried 7 or 8 of them but Bleeker Street would be my choice. There's a corn pops note in it that is really satisfying (not joking).

It's gonna be either Silver Factory or Washington square, the only ones I liked.

New Haarlem

Wall Street. Need to sample Brooklyn. Riverside Dr., Fire and Coney Island are wants.

Banned

Harrods Swarovski Crystal Oud Edition - I own and enjoy it.

The ones I already have-NY Oud and Andy Warhol. Both are increadable.

I love Wall Street but since I can easily replace it with Creed's MI, I must say that my current one bottle favorite to name in this thread is I love New York for All, mesmerizing fragrance indeed.

Because I do only own one Bond and it didn't happen by accident, New Haarlem.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalJester View Post
    I own both New Haarlem and Bulgari black and New Haarlem doesn't smell like Black in my opinion.
    Thank you thats a relieve!

New Haarlem, it's fan-flippin'-tastic...and a close second goes to Coney Island.

Brooklyn: own it and enjoy it a lot.
    For swap/sale: Dior Leather Oud, Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Wow not one mention of Cooper Square yet? From the ones I have sampled, this would be my choice. Its pretty fantastic

None really stand out enough. I own Bleecker, Riverside and Hamptons. Oddly enough, if I could only have one, I'd pick Central Park, which I don't even own! It's the most distinct to me of the line.

Basenotes Plus

I tend to agree

Great, Dernier_Cri - i am impressed, you understood the thread.and what is all about.