Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: If you could only own 1 Bottle from BOND No.9 Which one would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    Great, Dernier_Cri - i am impressed, you understood the thread.and what is all about.
    You're too kind, sir

Default Re: If you could only own 1 Bottle from BOND No.9 Which one would it be?

West Side!

for swap/sale:

New Haarlem - It is the only one I own

Have not tried any of them. Probably would go for Harrods Oud, or New Haarlem to see what people are on about.

None.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    None.
    He didn't ask that did he?

Bond no 9 are amazing, my fav is wall street recently
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed spice and wood
    2. Creed Jardin d'amalfi
    3. Creed pure white cologne
    4. Bond no 9 fire island
    5. Bond no 9 sag harbor
    * Also loving Montauk

Basenotes Plus

Cooper Square
    Last edited by 601red; 9th November 2013 at 01:40 PM.

New Harleem

Bleecker Street, most definitely...

Do not currently own any, but need to do a skin test with new Harlem. Every time I hear it described, I get hungry for pancakes.

I Love NY for Marriage Equality is the only one I'd consider purchasing, and it would have to be heavily discounted.

I'd have to go with New York Oud. I discovered that one at the beginning of 2013. However one of my all time favorite summer scents which i've been using for years is Eau de New York. Its so beautiful.

Bond has a lot of very nice perfumes!

Bleecker Street without a doubt.

For me: New York Amber

A year and a half later, the only ones I own are Fathers Day and I Love NY for All. I own 26 bottles in all, and if forced to wean to maybe 10, these two would not make the cut. Bonds are just ok to me. Now Creed on the other hand...Creed is just my fave house. 7-8 of those final 10 would be Creeds.

Well, only sniffed like six of them but so far, bleaker street. I would probably take this over most creeds if I had to pick,

It would be 1 of these 5....lol
    Bleecker Street
    Coney Island
    Bond Signature
    Eau de New York
    Brooklyn

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I have tried Brooklyn, Coney Island, New Haarlem, Great Jones, Hot Always, Hamptons, I love NY for him, I love NY for all.
    I own West Broadway, Chez, Eau de New York.

For now I would pick Eau de New York.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

I will change my answer (last response was May 2012) to Bleecker St

Basenotes Plus

I find most of the Bonds to be very synthetic and generic, but one did stand out to my nose and I ended up buying it: Silver Factory. Hence this would be my vote.

Coney Island. The rest aren't worth it, unless you get a cheap price.

If you can get them cheap, consider Fire Island, Central Park, and NY Oud.

1)Bleecker st and 2)Gramercy Pk
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Montauk... But as for the what the headline says "If you could only own 1 Bottle from BOND No.9 Which one would it be?" lol

I wouldn't purchase that stuff with my money though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have sampled about 6 or 7..
    New York Amber

Spring and Summer: Riverside Drive. Beautiful basil, a true alternative to citrus aquatics for a summer scent.

Fall and Winter: New Haarlem, as everyone else knows.

New York Musk is close to both as a versatile, cold musky patchouli scent.

I have not tried any of them but would like to test Hot Always because I have read that it is somewhere similar to Givenchy Gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    For me: New York Amber
    Have you ever smelled Musk to Musk by Montale? To me they're very similar, except that M2M smells more refined and less plastic.

New Haarlem...lifts my mood instantly
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

New York Amber. Unique, long lasting and has a great sillage.

Harrods Oud.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    I keep hearing, new haarlem again and again - i just hope it doesnt smell like Bulgari Black or Body Kouros my two nightmare scents - the local Bond No.9 Store - doesn't seem to have the New Haarlem and Little Italy..need to blind buy this..
    It has a burnt coffee smell to it with a sweet pancake smell as well...
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Riverside Drive

Whichever one smells like original Calvin.

Bond No. 9 Great Jones! I love the bergamot/cedarwood vibe it gives off; it's a wonderfully masculine scent from this unisex house, and perfect for summer or fall. But to be honest, I haven't gotten around to purchasing a bottle of it; my very first Bond was New Haarlem, so frequently mentioned. It's definitely a warm, winter fragrance, but I'll admit I was ribbed over this "vanilla cappuccino cologne." I still like it, but don't wear it often.
    Last edited by wsamuelm78; 18th November 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

I gotta change my response from over a year ago…while I still love New Haarlem, I gotta say if I could only own one bottle it would be Silver Factory---I love the stuff!! It's fantastic!!

New York Oud would be my top choice but I like some of their other scents from the line. Scent of peace, Manhattan, Harrods for him and I love NY for all and I do like Wall street and don't see the comparison to Creed MI which I do like better.

Coney Island and Highline
    One of the few that do not give me a headache.

Harrod's Oud (same one as Swarovski Lt. Edition). Own it and like it!

Probably Chez Bond

For me, it would be the bottle they haven't made yet, and it would consist of the following:

2/3 NY Amber
    1/3 New Haarlem

Bond is big on the idea of layering, and while it's easy to write that off as nothing more than a sales strategy, there's no denying that many Bonds use the same base - and I point this out as a positive rather than a negative. Some Bonds really do work marvelously together, and the pairing of NY Amber and New Haarlem is a perfect example.

That being said, I have yet to find a Bond I would buy. I'm not slamming the house. I'm just a guy on a very limited budget who is a tough sell. I'm very tempted by Andy Warhol though (the one in the silver/purple bottle with his face on it). That's some really unique stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    I have not tried any of them but would like to test Hot Always because I have read that it is somewhere similar to Givenchy Gentleman.
    Interesting! I think Hot Always is fantastic. The patchouli is just a bit too dirty for my taste, but I love the Red Hots vibe I get from Hot Always. At some point, I'll need to test that one again.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Bleeder street!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I checked out a list of Bond 9 frags, and here are my grades for each:

New Harleem - Smells like Sweet Potato Pie/Cinnamon. The good thing about this scent is it probably has heavy sillage. Additionally, New Harleem is unique so this allows you to standout from the rest. C

Little Italy - Has a strong lemon pledge scent, lmao, terrible. Why would anyone buy this? F

Wall Street - Reminds me of a scent . . . . cant think of it. Nonetheless, theres nothing special about this one. I'm really surprised too, considering the amount of recommendations this received on this site D

China Town - Smells like a lady's perfume, very rosy. I'm starting to notice a trend with Bond frags, their scents are far too literal. If a frag is suppose to have cinnamon note, it ends up being like 90 percent of the scent. Bond lacks subtlety, they smack you directly in the face with a note. F

Hamptons - Again, this reminds me of another scent, lmao. Its ok, I notice some ginger, very spicy. C

Central Park - *cough cough cough* I'm literally coughing after testing this out. Ugh. So strong. Most of the suggested Bond's frags have been very disappointing. F

The only scent I like from Bond is Coney Island which I give an A. Also, I havent tried Highline and River Drive yet.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 17th November 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Bleecker Street will stay in my collection; however I just had a chance to try Scent of Peace for Him and walked away seriously tempted. Last bottle that did that for me was Manhattan, which I purchased.

Nobody goes with Great Jones?

Eau De New York is exhilarating; it smells like a flowery soap. Also, this scent is very strong and one dimensional. Smelling this is like getting hit in the face with a cold blast of flowers. I'm not sure if this works for a guy. Nonetheless, I give this a strong B.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Bleecker Street will stay in my collection; however I just had a chance to try Scent of Peace for Him and walked away seriously tempted. Last bottle that did that for me was Manhattan, which I purchased.
    I'm tempted by that one, too. It smells absolutely amazing in sillage. I don't like it on my skin, but I love it in the air around me. I think that one, and New York Patchouli, are going to do well this Christmas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    A year and a half later, the only ones I own are Fathers Day and I Love NY for All. I own 26 bottles in all, and if forced to wean to maybe 10, these two would not make the cut. Bonds are just ok to me. Now Creed on the other hand...Creed is just my fave house. 7-8 of those final 10 would be Creeds.
    I'm the same way. Respect to Bond, and own a fair number, but Creed just nails me with bottle after bottle. They just put them right across home plate.

Coney Island for me - I like it as a spring/summertime scent. I sampled some of the others and none of them stood out to me as must haves. I have not been able to sample I Love New York for All or New Haarlem - those are two that I very much would like to try.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cpa5oh View Post
    Coney Island for me - I like it as a spring/summertime scent. I sampled some of the others and none of them stood out to me as must haves. I have not been able to sample I Love New York for All or New Haarlem - those are two that I very much would like to try.
    If you enjoy coffee-reminiscent gourmands, those are both very enjoyable. Excellent this time of year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Oud
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Harrods Oud
    This one. And Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

New Haarlem i think

Longevity u want then no brainier New York oud
    BUT beautiful scent and medium longevity the Bleeker street

Bleecker Street is the only one I've found tempting.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Silver Factory will always be my favorite Bond No. 9. And the only one I can't do without.

Basenotes Member

I'm going to go with the seemingly more popular opinion as well, New Haarlem.

Sampled both Chez and Success and liked both of those.

Bond is a house that strikes my fancy now that my taste has moved beyond that of dept store fare.

New Harlem

- - - Updated - - -

West Broadway comes second