Code of Conduct

Default An Absolute Unknown: Adrienne Vittadini Amore

I found Amore at TJ Maxx for $15 and absolutely no one seems to know a thing about it, including Vittadini's own customer service! They want me to send a picture of their own bottle because they are totally perplexed. I find this amazing. Even the UPC does not show up in any database, no Google or retailer results except one eBay seller who presumably got it from the same store.

How does this happen? A disowned scent? I doubt it is a counterfeit or fake. Can a manufacturer pull the plug and dump stock as quietly as possible and hope no one notices?

Weird!

Anyone have any ideas? Notes? Thoughts...

Default Re: An Absolute Unknown: Adrienne Vittadini Amore

Very interesting. What's it like?

Basenotes Plus

Interesting thread- I saw it at my local and was going to check it out- BUt now I'm not sure if it was EVAmore or AVAmore I saw. (EVAMore is Eva Longoria scent)

Must go back and explore.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

So I broke the seal because the mystery just kept going and going. This is apparently a 2012 release that has not happened yet, but the fragrance has already been dumped to the discount resellers. With the absolute unwillingness to claim ownership, my thought was this must be a dog that Vittadini wanted to forget ever happened.

Actually, this is manufactured by Palm Beach Beaute in Delray Beach, which handles the B-raters: Vittadini, Kanon, Ellen Tracy, and Judith Lieber. You've seen them all (especially Ellen Tracy) dumped by the truckload at TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls and here we have another one.

What is remarkable is that absolutely NO ONE has any info about this fragrance and it's not for sale anywhere except TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and one eBay reseller. There is nothing about this on Vittadini's website (or Palm Beach Beaute for that matter).

Vittadini's own CSRs I communicated with have no information about this either. How does that happen?

So I opened it up and sprayed... it's actually not bad at all.

This is a feminine fruity-citrus-wood sort of affair, obviously warm weather oriented. I get some citrus in the opening which gets replaced by cherries, peaches, a little cinnamon, and wood in the base.

Badgley Mischka is a good reference for the fruity compote comparable to Amore and Lagerfeld's Floriental is not too far off for the cherry-wood element (although Amore is more feminine).

The cherry-peaches-wood components do project well in the warm weather, the cinnamon is much harder to detect.

I am not afraid of feminines and I like the fruit and wood combo, especially to differentiate from all of the usual citrus summer fragrances. If you are a guy who needs to project something more "masculine" this will not be that.

It's seems like a decent value. Marshalls seems to have more of this than TJ Maxx. The price is actually $16.99 for 100ml. The bottle is pretty attractive too.`

$17 for 100ml retail means the actual fragrance company is pulling maybe 7-9$ max per bottle (wholesale pricing). Given costs for hiring the perfumer, creating the juice, bottle, packaging, promo (if any), etc.. the profit margin on this stuff must be nearly zero. I don't mean to poo on a fragrance I've never tested but is it even worth $17?

I would say this is nothing groundbreaking and it's not a standout in the world of fragrance, but you could do a lot worse for $17, even at TJ Maxx. This is better than the Idiot Girls-celebrity lines, and it does not skew teen.

I expected worse from a fragrance that seems disowned, and it is certainly nothing like that. Either this is going to eventually show up for more somewhere else, or Vittadini had second thoughts and dumped whatever was already manufactured to the overstock/discounters.

Interesting.
    I purchased this at TJMaxx just two days ago and with my free time I have been trying to find anything about it. I really didn't want to open it.
    ZERO, nothing on line. nothing, nothing!!!
    Thank you to the member that took the monetary chance and opened and described it.
    Although I think I would like it, since I like cinnamon in fragances, I don't know if I want to spend the little $$ it costs. Yes 16.99usd on 5/29/12
    Thank you again

hi All, sorry that you felt this way but it was launched only in discounted stores and it is a fruity floral fragrance with top notes of Sparkling Mandarin, Crisp Apple and Wild Red Berries. the middle are Jasmin, Linden Blossom and Pink Freesia. the base notes are Musk, sheer Vanilla and fluid Amber. the fragrance was done by Firmenich

Quote Originally Posted by fanny5 View Post
    hi All, sorry that you felt this way but it was launched only in discounted stores and it is a fruity floral fragrance with top notes of Sparkling Mandarin, Crisp Apple and Wild Red Berries. the middle are Jasmin, Linden Blossom and Pink Freesia. the base notes are Musk, sheer Vanilla and fluid Amber. the fragrance was done by Firmenich
    I just pulled my bottle out and resprayed. Mandarin I do not get, but I can see the apple resemblance for all of 30 seconds and I'll accept the wild red berries (but only as far as air freshener "berries" smell). The floral middle is such a cacophony I can't pick out any particular flower. The "wood" element in the base is probably the vanilla clouded by the amber. Those two together do throw my nose off. I still sense cherries and peaches hanging around as well... in a compote sort of way.

I *still* like this scent and I'm a guy, but it is definitely a feminine fruity floral, and it's light enough to not drop a fume cloud all over the neighborhood in hot weather.

I would love to know the back story on why a designer decided it was time to launch a TJ Maxx/Ross scent. It's obviously not being promoted in any way on purpose, and with zippo info, I have a hard time seeing a lot of people reaching out to buy this.

Basenotes Plus

fanny5- Thank you. This was more info than I have been able to find.

The info swayed me enough to pick it up when I was at TJs.
    Sampling I found it discrete and elegant, something you can't say about too many fruity florals. The drydown was extremely nice on my skin. I think it will work well in hot weather. The bottle is a lovely companion to my other AV scent.

On the Luckyscent style rating scale...it would skew unisex with a leaning towards femme, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fanny5 View Post
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by Indaco View Post
    Very interesting. What's it like?
    BS Circus Fantasy + DVB Signature for Her
    Last edited by chipchirip; 19th August 2012 at 03:21 AM.