Code of Conduct

Default WOW! Back to Black By Kilian.

I just really smelled this for the first time today, and I am speechless. This has got to be the most perfect combination of elegance and sexiness, rivaling the likes of the Dior Homme Series. The sweetness in this fragrance is sooo elegant. In my opinion, this fragrance must strictly be worn at night, at a very elegant occasion, while you are wearing your absolute best clothing.

It smells rich. Seduction. I dont know what else to say. This is one of my favorites of all time. I need a bottle of this.

What are your guys opinion on this masterpiece?

Sound Scents

Default Re: WOW! Back to Black By Kilian.

I like it quite a bit and count is as one of the best in the By Kilian line (my second favorite from the line after Incense Oud).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Tried it several times. Like it too.

I didnt like it. Too powdery. Many people say they smell baby powder but I smell foot powder. I pass!
    Top 5 Favorite Fragrances:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) Creed Millesime Imperiale
    3) Gucci Pour Homme II
    4) YSL M7
    5) Mont Blanc Individuel

I love the honey/tobacco opening, but the baby powder drydown kills it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I like it quite a bit and count is as one of the best in the By Kilian line (my second favorite from the line after Incense Oud).
    This is how I feel about it too. As with the other Kilians I've tried, it's very nicely blended, but not quite as versatile as Incense Oud (that, and I'm on an incense binge).

Slightly off topic, but compared to Incense Oud, I was pretty disappointed with my brief sampling of the other Kilian Ouds. They seem to be very well blended, but incredibly tame at the same time. Anyone else have this reaction?

One of my top five just got a fantastic deal from Min New York on a full bottle and couldn't be happier!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

It's the best tobacco combined with sweetness combo I've smelled. I get a rich tobacco note combined with a bit of honey and a raspberry note that tones down the sweetness of the honey. Expensive, but there's no doubt about the quality of this fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I love the honey/tobacco opening, but the baby powder drydown kills it for me.
    This x 10000000

Got married to the opening, only to file for divorce 5 minutes later

I've gotten some fantastic compliments with this. Wonderful fragrance IMO with the sweet tobacco. I agree with you Jonny- wear this at night and you'll smell AMAZING!
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy is the bleu heart<3

This was love-at-first-sniff for me and I've lusted after a bottle ever since. I just purchased through MiN also ... couldn't be more happy! It's very dark and sexy ... love the tobacco + honey.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Can we expect a name change to JohnnyLeBacktoBlack?

I like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post

I like it too.
    noooooooo. Le Male forever<3 But wow. This fragrance is just absolutely special. Its just the perfect compliment to an elegant event.

I really like it a lot, but had longevity issues with it. Plus the amazing opening is short lived, therefore Tobacco Vanille was a better fit for my needs, only it's nowhere near as complex.

I cant imagine having longevity probs with this one. Literaly sticks on my skin forever. As Alaform would say, I give it 5 thumbs up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I really like it a lot, but had longevity issues with it. Plus the amazing opening is short lived, therefore Tobacco Vanille was a better fit for my needs, only it's nowhere near as complex.
    I agree that B2B is more complex.

Jonny I missed your "WOW at fragrance X" threads and I am glad that they are back hehe. Just after your raving thread about Musc Ravageur I jumped into niche world. We share similiar taste so I guess that now I have to sample Back to Black too.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Jonny I missed your "WOW at fragrance X" threads and I am glad that they are back hehe. Just after your raving thread about Musc Ravageur I jumped into niche world. We share similiar taste so I guess that now I have to sample Back to Black too.
    Agree. I love Le Male, Musc Rav, and Back to Black. JLM knows his stuff!

I really enjoy this fragrance. Ended up buying the 30 ml travel spray refill and then decanted it into a glass atomizer. A relatively cost saving way to enjoy by Kilian frags.

I like BtB more than TV because it's more versatile and easier to wear. Has the right balance of honey and tobacco.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    What are your guys opinion on this masterpiece?
    That it's good but far from being a "masterpiece".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's a very good scent. I like it too.

It's a great fragrance but I wouldn't buy it, it's too expensive and for me Pure Havane does the same vibe (I get cherry from Back to Black too) just as good, for a fraction of the price, and a bigger bottle.

One of the best By Kilians...

In my opinion, this is not a masterpiece. Like a hundred other fragrances, the first time one samples this, they think "wow !". Subsequent testings prove this to just be "nice".
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Dependent

Now I am tempted to get my hands on a sample of this! Nooooooo
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Plus

I have B2B, was bought by GF for my birthday. Really enjoy it. Have several others from Killian (Amber Oud, Incense Oud and Absinthe Verte), but purchase the refills instead of retail packages. For $125 or $175 plus $15.00 for a 50ml atomizer and it is not a bad deal for a nice frag.

I personally love the base notes.

MUST sample this soon!

Call me nuts but I tried this one day and enjoyed it and then tried CK One Shock and found similarities in the dry down. I may have had a lot of fatigue due to 2 days of Michigan Ave sniffing.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

B2B to me is way overrated
    smells like hookah tobacco
    anyone who has smelled hookah tobacco would agree
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Blog Entries

This and Straight To Heaven are my favorite BK scents. I own this one, too - I thought it was worth the investment.

I totally get the evening vibe, Jonny. My most memorable wear was at a concert, in fact.

I think it's kind of funny how people who don't know fragrance simply assume it's the prize of my collection because of the packaging. Best way to spot a true noob, IMO!

Probably the best Killian ever!
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

It's a great fragrance, a little too much powder for my taste, but if its price was $85 for a 100 ml I'd rate it 9/10, but IMHO it's overpriced for what it is, so I rate it 8/10.......

Not a masterpiece - but very nice frag, not sure I will repurchase it, when my bottle runs out in 4-5 years time......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

It's the second best thing I've ever smelled, just behind Reflection Man. I can't wait to add it to my collection.

Too honeyed for me, and after buying Immortelle de Corse, I feel I don't need it anymore.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    That's awesome. It's also a bit of a tongue-twister.
    As for Back to Black... I really need to find a place to smell this stuff.

Fragrance reacts differently to different skin chemistry. If this one turns overly powdery on your skin, well, saaaawy Ur missing out on one of the most amazingly sensual, decadent, seductive, orgasmic scents ever. Also if yur wearing this in the heat it will poof up (turn very very powdery) on your skin.
    This is an absolute masterpiece IMHO, there's very few out there that smells this good. Niche frags usually acheive Masterpiece status by being different/unique, which in turn leads to very polarizing scents. Veteran noses will appreciate, noob noses will be turned off. B2B is both unique & pleasant to a more universal demographic. Very few fragrances pull of this sweet spot intersection between what 'DESIGNER' & 'NICHE' frags do respectively well. Aventus is another one that hits all the right notes, however it isnt a dark, warm, sensual fragrance like B2B is.
    This is an absolute Love Potion/Panty Dropper/Lady Killer ... whateva u wanna call it. On my skin, it's a dark, rich, honey overdose. My girlfriend says it conjures images of me naked, dripping in honey - her words (I apologize for the explicit imagery)! The high praise is well warranted; the best of the byKilian line by forever and a mile. The only other one I'd rank close to this is Rose Oud, and unfortunately for Rose Oud, TOM FORD created a better Rose/Saffron potion in Noir de Noir, another masterpiece. For the price B2B worth it, the packaging is a worthy home for this masterpiece. Mos def, Cheers!

Exactly as LupeX say, it's decandent, seductive and orgasmic. One of the most deliciously intoxicating perfumes I have ever smelled in my life. It's almost like a drug that you just can't get enough of. I try to change my perfume daily, but this one pulls me to it more than any of my others.
    Last edited by Beach Girl; 26th July 2012 at 10:11 PM.

To my nose it is a beautiful scent. Honeyed powder. Would love to smell it on a woman... I am sure it would be intoxicating. Smells terrible on me though... so powdery on my skin. Great, true honey accord though.
    Last edited by El_Guapo; 26th July 2012 at 08:35 PM.

I can't tolerate any powder at all...thus I had to pass. I seriously couldn't get pass the powder to form an opinion on the rest, I was disappointed. But if you like powder, then it's a good one for you.

Wow! I want to prove this fragrance just now!
    This fragrance intrigues me. Reading these comments is impossible not even have a sample of it.

I have to say I don't love it for myself, impressive though it may be. Some people like that thick, damp, honey-syrup feeling. I do not. But it is well made, and as a feat of perfumery, the opening is really spectacular and unique...such a rich, full, pipe tobacco note with an oozing and thick honey note.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Who actually not had the joy of knowing this perfume appreciate your contribution.
    I'd also like to try Ambre Narguile and I have yet to meet Tobacco Vanille.
    I'll order a couple of samples of each one or some decants.
    Unfortunately here in my country (Argentina) do not reach niche perfumes.

when you buy the refill does it come with a atomizer?????
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Quote Originally Posted by megatropolis View Post
    when you buy the refill does it come with a atomizer?????
    Nope. When I got my 30ml travel refill, it didn't come with an atomiser. I had to buy it separately from Ebay.

I have to try this one! Appealing!

I love this one too and want to buy a bottle. I wish fragrancenet carried this.