Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: If you could pick one scent for from DIPTYQUE - Which one would it be?

L'ombre dans L'eau for me!

Default Re: If you could pick one scent for from DIPTYQUE - Which one would it be?

Eau Duelle for my wife. she loves it

L'ombre dans L'eau and oyedo for me, although I have not smelled the two newest releases, nor several others of the line.

guys - anyone smelled the round bottles? are there new formulations? i see a faint green in tom dao color..previously it was just white!

34 Boulevard St Germain is my favorite due to its complex nature. IMO it stands out amongst the others and the bottle is stunning. I wasn't really a fan of Philosykos...I'm not big on the leaf note on top. I did get Tam Dao and L'Eau de Tarocco samples this week, so we'll see if that changes soon!

Tam Dao.

I was at the Diptyque store in SF yesterday and was surprised to see that an EDP of Philosykos has been released. The content of perfume oil in this formulation is much higher than the edt and will hopefully alleviate some of the longevity issues. The Diptyque store did not have any samples yet, buy i did smell the tester and the scent, to my nose, appears to be the same.

Philosykos would definitely be my vote, smells fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention EDP of Philosykos is $140 for a big bottle.

Philosykos EDP. Liberty London has it, and I'm looking to sample - if not blind buy - pretty soon!

Ofresia

Just bought a bottle of Vetyverio.

Tam dao
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    I've only bought one bottle from Dyptique...Eau Lente
    all said.
    Last edited by blackened; 17th August 2012 at 09:56 AM.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I gave my Philosykos away as a gift. I am keen on trying out Tam Dao though...

I really like the EDP version of Philosykos. But, if I had to pick one, it would be 34 Boulevard St. Germain.

Probably Eau Lente... but i'm torn between Lente and L'Ombre dans L'eau (my first diptyque)...

Can't I have 50ml of each one?
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitherto I wouldn't have an answer, but today I've tried it: 34 Boulevard Saint Germain.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Eau Lente

and John Galliano home fragrance!
    Totally agree - Both are fantastic!

1- L'Eau
    2- L'Autre
    3- L'Eau Trois
    That's kind of in order! L'eau quatre would be Virgilio

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Philosykos
    Agreed
    What I've Been Wearing:

Thumbs up Re: If you could pick one scent for from DIPTYQUE - Which one would it be?

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

34 boulevard Saint Germain

But then, I really like Tam Dao

Big fan of Eau Duelle. Very unique take on vanilla, smelling just like old books. And that's a pretty darned pleasant smell for me. It also lasts forever on my skin.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

L'ombre dans L'eau , Philosykos and Tam Dao are very nice and and deservingly popular but if limited to only one then I'd have to say the lush and ever complex 34 Boulevard Saint Germain.

for swap/sale:

Looks like I'm the only big fan of L'Eau Trois.

There are many quality scents, but I'm picking Essence of John Galliano as my second pick - and the best of the home line.

...sorry: double post...!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Tops for me is L'ombre dans L'Eau.

Other favorites:
    Eau Duelle
    34 Boulevard St Germaine
    Tam Dao
    Eau de Lierre

I haven't found any FBW. That said, Oyedo and Tam Dao are pleasant.

Probably Vetyverio.

Philosykos

Philosykos. Ok, toss up between that and the more saleable here (accdg to the SA) - L'eau de Neroli, coz its such an easy wear.

Tam Dao

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Tam Dao
    I'll go on the bandwagon with this one.

The fig one...
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Tam Dao

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    L'ombre dans L'eau and oyedo for me, although I have not smelled the two newest releases, nor several others of the line.
    + 1 for these 2. But they are the only ones I've smelled so far.

Volutes is exquisite...
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Tam Dao for me

This
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Philosykos

Oh thats easy, L'Autre
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    My one and only Diptyque: 34 Boulevard St Germain
    ^^^^^^ This blew me away and I've tried the lot.

Eau Duelle, hands down. I've found my vanilla.

Philosykos. The rest I have smelled from this house is either too feminine, obnoxiously sweet, or uninteresting.

I love philosykos in the summer.

Philosykos but I don't plan on purchasing a second bottle ever.

Tough choices. I only tried six scents and I am struggling bt Eau Duelle and Tam Dao. So Tam Dao is just a hair over... though I have not tried 34 Boulevard St Germain.

Torn between Eau Duelle and Tam Dao.
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

Diptyque has very nice fragrances, hard to choose but I'd go for Eau Duelle, closely followed by Tam Dao, honorary mention is l'Eau de l'Eau.

Another vote for Tam Dao.

I haven't tried the whole range, but there are a number I quite like.

+1 for Volutes! It's like an even more delicious Chergui!! I would previously have said Philosykos - but it s just so ..... figgy!

Tam Dao for me too. Have it on today, beautiful scent...

Eau Duelle, but haven't sampled the EDP version of Philosykos yet. If it takes care of the original's performance issues, that will be the winner.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Vetyverio..... don't know why people don't talk about this one but the smell is amazing and it literally last all day

Thanks for all the feedback. Just called Diptyque for some free samples!