Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: If you could pick one scent for from DIPTYQUE - Which one would it be?

L'Ombre dans l'Eau.

Default Re: If you could pick one scent for from DIPTYQUE - Which one would it be?

l'ombre dans l'eau

Philosykos

My one and only Diptyque: 34 Boulevard St Germain

Banned

Vetyverio piques my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomKillsTime View Post
    I bought Philosykos about 2 months ago. It's a nice, subtle scent but looking back I wish I had saved the £60 (around $90) to spend on something else.

I still have like an 85% full bottle that I rarely use.
    Me too. I haven't even given it a full wearing yet. It's a superb scent, not very long lasting, but just not sure I want to smell like ripe figs!

Tom Dao and Philosykos - Emerge as winners / Will be getting both.

Of the few I've tried, Tam Dao.

Do Son has been on my wishlist for a while. However, I was in the Dyptique shop in San Francisco and smelled Philosykos! Fig Fig FIG! Plus, now, make sure that whomever you get Diptyque from has the new, beautiful ROUNDED bottles!
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

"Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

"It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Vetyverio piques my interest.
    Yes, this one is on my wish list. It's similar to Mazzolari's Vetiver.
    BTW, Diptyque is changing their packaging, and I suspect a price increase will also occur:

Another for tam dao, only smelt it once but loved it.

If only one then its 34 Boulevard Saint Germain for the sheer versatility and complexity.

Otherwise L'Eau Trois and Tam Dao are genius.
    for swap/sale:

Eau Duelle

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The only one I've liked enough to buy: L'Ombre Dans L'Eau.

hmmm, tough call, but I'd say Philosykos, even though longevity sucks. Otherwise L'Ombre Dans L'Eau is excellent IMO.
    Tom Ford Splits: ORIGINAL AMBER ABSOLUTE AVAILABLE (PreReformulation)!!!
    ONE LEFT:
    Italian Cypress, Azure Lime, Costa Azzura, Patchouli Absolu, Mandarino Di Amalfi

Also: Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute
    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

L'Autre would be the one I'd pick.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Philosykos- a whole fig tree in a small bottle! doesnt last long though

May be the new packaging/juice they are putting out will who knows

My favorite of the several I've tried is L'Ombre Dans L'Eau - but then I love the overgrown walled rose garden feel accentuated by the smell of freshly crushed and prickly tomato leaves.

34 Boulevard St Germain gets a thumbs up as well...especially the dry down. As mentioned by others mildly chaotic at first as it cycles through the Diptyque gallery of scents, but the end is sublime...a romantic symphony concluding with a contented deep sigh and expectation of further pleasures.

A great and under-rated house with reasonable pricing.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    L'Autre would be the one I'd pick.
    Love this stuff! Been on a huge cumin kick and this has helped sate it. The Eau Mage is also very good (and also uses cumin).

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    As much as I like Philosykos, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, 34 Boulevard Saint Germain, Eau Mage, and Tam Dao, I'll have to go with Eau Duelle.
    = the correct response
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Virgilio

After seeing this thread I realized I had a small spray sample of Eau Duelle and pulled the cap noticing there was a little of the juice on the sprayer. Barely any to be honest but I rubbed it on my wrists and was reminded how incredible this scent is. I'm not sure I could pull it off but this would smell amazing on a woman and any that would be wearing this would have me spellbound.

I haven't had a chance to sample any of the others from this house but if their compositions are anything like ED I suspect I would like at least a few of them.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I'm a sucker for Tam Dao
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

Basenotes Plus

L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, though Eau Lente and Philosykos would run it close.

L'Ombre dans l'Eau, Philosykos, and the Neroli cologne are all great but I'm going to be the odd man out and go with Eau de Lierre. Poor thing gets no love, but I find it quite nice and although it is a leafy-green fragrance it has insane longevity for me.

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    I'm in love with L'Eau de Tarocco
    I've to add ^^^^ this to what I already listed. It is rapidly growing on me as well...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

philosykos. I have liked them all, but found the others less compelling (ie i have forgotten what they smell like)

For me, its Eau Duelle and or Tom Dao - very refined, beautiful.