Code of Conduct

Thread: Ferrari Black

Default Ferrari Black

Wow, this stuff is really underrated. I have tested it in the past, and recalled it to be a modern leather fragrance, with some unique charm. So I put it on my wishlist some time ago. I recently picked up a 2.5 oz for about 20 bucks. It's one of my best designer purchases in a while.

I get a smooth leather with some apple and lime notes. It's dark, and unique, but not so dark that it can't be worn during the day. It definitley fits the "black" bill imo. Along the lines of Polo Double black, but not as gourmand. This also lasts a good 8+ hours.

What do you guys think about this one?

Are there any other Ferrari frags worth trying? I tried Passion, and it was utterly revolting..

Default Re: Ferrari Black

Personally don't care for it but you got a very good price at $20. Glad you find it to your liking.

I remember testing it and liking it pretty well. Plan to pick up a small bottle of it sometime soon (though I might wait for the weather to cool down a bit).

My experience with other Ferrari fragrances has been pretty disappointing, though. Black Shine was okay, but just smelled like a dozen other things you could have instead. The Red one was pretty rough for me, too. Black is the only one I'd bother with.

I owned Ferrari Black and wore it quite a bit, but there's a metallic note in it that wore thin on me. It's not bad, but for me the more I wore it the worse that metallic note reared it's ugly head. Uomo is supposed to be a good one. There's a few new one's out that look pretty good, but can't seem to find any samples to test them.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I owned Ferrari Black and wore it quite a bit, but there's a metallic note in it that wore thin on me. It's not bad, but for me the more I wore it the worse that metallic note reared it's ugly head. Uomo is supposed to be a good one. There's a few new one's out that look pretty good, but can't seem to find any samples to test them.
    Ture. I often see Uomo compared to Fahrenheit, and I have considered blind buying it. I think the presentation on Uomo is by far the nicest too.

I personally don't care for it too as it has a synthetic vibe IMO. However if you like it, so that's all that matters.
    " In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One? "

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Ture. I often see Uomo compared to Fahrenheit, and I have considered blind buying it. I think the presentation on Uomo is by far the nicest too.
    Yeah I'm curious to try Uomo also because I'm a huge fan of almost anything Fahrenheit. Also there are 2 different versions of Passion which I owned both of. The original passion is awful, but the unlimited version is really good. I've seen the unlimited versions on Ebay for dirt cheap. I believe unlimited was a flanker and oddly enough smells like a better version of black.

The new one's are Ferrari Red Power:

Red Power by Ferrari is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Red Power was launched in 2012. Top notes are bergamot, blood orange, lavender and pink pepper; middle notes are geranium, rosemary, cardamom and violet leaf; base notes are musk, patchouli, cedar and tonka bean.

Ferrari Essence Oud:

This direct and strong new fragrance will be a favorite to those men who prefer dynamic and intense aromas. Oud or agar is placed in center of attention and is surrounded with olibanum and elemi resins, spicy accords of cumin and saffron, ad seductive rose. A base is enriched with deep, hot notes of labdanum and leather leaving an animalistic trail. From the very beginning to the closure – the composition is embroidered with notes of precious oud from Arabia.

Wow, this stuff is really underrated.
    I´ve made the same comment at least three times here. This one of those "under the radar" fragrances that people seem to overlook. It´s a beautiful fragrance with excellent longevity and very good projection; as an added bonus, women seem to really love this one!

Cheers

EDIT: Woops... forget my comment above, I confused this with Ferragamo Black! My mistake!
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    I´ve made the same comment at least three times here. This one of those "under the radar" fragrances that people seem to overlook. It´s a beautiful fragrance with excellent longevity and very good projection; as an added bonus, women seem to really love this one!

Cheers

EDIT: Woops... forget my comment above, I confused this with Ferragamo Black! My mistake!

You should try this one too F Black I hear is very good too, It's on my test list.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Yeah I'm curious to try Uomo also because I'm a huge fan of almost anything Fahrenheit. Also there are 2 different versions of Passion which I owned both of. The original passion is awful, but the unlimited version is really good. I've seen the unlimited versions on Ebay for dirt cheap. I believe unlimited was a flanker and oddly enough smells like a better version of black.

The new one's are Ferrari Red Power:

Red Power by Ferrari is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Red Power was launched in 2012. Top notes are bergamot, blood orange, lavender and pink pepper; middle notes are geranium, rosemary, cardamom and violet leaf; base notes are musk, patchouli, cedar and tonka bean.

Ferrari Essence Oud:

This direct and strong new fragrance will be a favorite to those men who prefer dynamic and intense aromas. Oud or agar is placed in center of attention and is surrounded with olibanum and elemi resins, spicy accords of cumin and saffron, ad seductive rose. A base is enriched with deep, hot notes of labdanum and leather leaving an animalistic trail. From the very beginning to the closure – the composition is embroidered with notes of precious oud from Arabia.

Ferrari Black sounds interesting, but Uomo didn't work out for me, despite the positive reviews and attractive notes. For whatever reason, I get nothing more than a faint leather accord, even from the outset. Oud Essence has sounded interesting, but I'm wary about trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indaco View Post
    Ferrari Black sounds interesting, but Uomo didn't work out for me, despite the positive reviews and attractive notes. For whatever reason, I get nothing more than a faint leather accord, even from the outset. Oud Essence has sounded interesting, but I'm wary about trying it.
    I'd like to try it also, but I'm not sure where they sell Ferrari fragrances at. From the looks of the bottle of Oud Essence they're doing better in the marketing department.

Oud Essence is fantastic. Haven't tried any other Ferrari fragrances, but I am tempted to blind-buy Uomo and Black.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Nice cheapie, I got the 125 ml EDT for $24.95 - I get vibes of Boss Bottled, Allure Homme and YSL L'Homme, all nice high quality designers, so yes I like this cheapie.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Nice cheapie, I got the 125 ml EDT for $24.95 - I get vibes of Boss Bottled, Allure Homme and YSL L'Homme, all nice high quality designers, so yes I like this cheapie.
    I definitley get the Boss Bottled vibe too.. I also get the L'homme vibe too.. maybe the spice from L'Homme.. although ginger isn't listed in Black, I don't think, I do get a ginger spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Oud Essence is fantastic. Haven't tried any other Ferrari fragrances, but I am tempted to blind-buy Uomo and Black.
    Hmm.. based on your wardrobe, your taste is much like mine, I think you would enjoy Black.

Was one of the first fragrances I've tried, didn't like it enough to keep the bottle. I prefer Boss Bottled to it.

Wouldn't say it's underrated, at least not on the internet. I did try it because I did see it in some Best Fragrances for Men lists.

Also tried Ferrari Red (seller did send it by mistake instead of Black) and found it pretty bad.
    Last edited by Rüssel; 26th May 2012 at 07:15 PM.

I recently got another sample of Boss Bottled, and when I put it on, it instantly reminded me of Ferrari Black. Boss Bottled, which a little more of a pricey designer fragrance, was on my wishlist. I just took it off, because Ferrari Black is just THAT close to it. I would say they are about 90% the same. Ferrari Black may have a slightly more floral heart, as I smell some jasmine and neroli. I am very satisfied with my Ferrari Black purchase, I highly recommend it, if ya like Boss Bottled.

Also.. have only worn it out 3 times, and received compliments twice, that's pretty good.

I recently got another sample of Boss Bottled, and when I put it on, it instantly reminded me of Ferrari Black. Boss Bottled, which a little more of a pricey designer fragrance, was on my wishlist. I just took it off, because Ferrari Black is just THAT close to it. I would say they are about 90% the same. Ferrari Black may have a slightly more floral heart, as I smell some jasmine and neroli. I am very satisfied with my Ferrari Black purchase, I highly recommend it, if ya like Boss Bottled.

Also.. have only worn it out 3 times, and received compliments twice, that's pretty good.
    I wore Boss Bottled as one of my 3-4 signature scents from 1998-2008, and still like it, but honestly I prefer Ferrari Black to Boss Bottled.

Ferrari black also has better longevity on my skin, 8-10 hours, where Boss Bottled gives me 5-7 hours, unless I overspray 8-10 sprays, 2-3 sprays in 3 places on top of each other - then it gives me 10-12 hours.
    Ferrari Black with just 4 sprays gives me solid 8-10 hours and smells more creamy and better to my nose.

Neither are now in my Top 25 list of favorite frags, but I would rank them in my Top 75 I think......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

FIFA released a 100ml fragrance for the World Cup in 2006 which is identical to Boss Bottled. Longevity not as good though.

You should try this one too F Black I hear is very good too, It's on my test list.
    F by Ferragamo Black IS fantastic. I am wearing Ferrari black today and really enjoy this scent each time i swear it, which is not too often.

I really like Ferrai Black. My wife absolutely loves Ferrari black. I absolutely love Ferrari Uomo. It is one of my favorite colognes. I dont find it all that similar to fahrenhiet, which I detest.