Code of Conduct

Default Creed Himalaya batch numbers/good batch.

Last winter I purchased Himalaya and didn't think it was anything special so I swapped it. Then, about a month ago I got a decanted sample to try for the summer and loved it. So I purchased a bottle from the Creed boutique in NY, but this one has a strong metallic smell along with the great Himalaya I really enjoyed. Obviously this has to do with batch variations...

My question is: What batch do you have (or have tried) and does it have this strong metallic note? I am trying to find out the batch number from the decant I received, but haven't had any luck yet. I am planning to purchase a 4 oz bottle soon, but want to do so informed this time so I'm not stuck with something I don't like.

Thanks, any and all help will be appreciated.

Default Re: Creed Himalaya batch numbers/good batch.

Got mine from Fragrancenet. Batch # is CJ1A05. I really like it, lasts me 8-10 hours. Smells great. I think it has a metallic vibe to it, but not enough to be bothersome for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Got mine from Fragrancenet. Batch # is CJ1A05. I really like it, lasts me 8-10 hours. Smells great. I think it has a metallic vibe to it, but not enough to be bothersome for me.
    Thanks. Yea, the batch I like does have a slight metallic note as well, but the full bottle I bought (2012 batch) has a super strong metallic smell. To much for me. Looks like yours came from 2005 so maybe I just need an older batch. Thanks for the info.

I was finally able to get the batch number from the decant I have. So far, it is the best batch of Himalaya I have come across. Batch: C3908E02

This is by far much better than the 2012 batch I had and the 2010 batch I have imo. The metallic note is very light and just is a perfect scent for summer on me. Very refreshing, can't get enough...

Don't know the batch but mine was purchased a week after it came out at the Creed flagship store in Paris and it's a might fine one.

Mine is from 2010 (batch no. A3910F01). Seems ok to me. I actually like that cold metallic, gunpowder type note, and it's my favorite part of Himalaya. I only wish it lasted all the way to the drydown and didn't turn into that warm Creed ambergris note in the end. (even though it's not as noticeable in Himalaya, I really wish they'd left ambergris out of this one and kept it clean and "cold" all the way to the end).

I have a 2010 batch and it's great. Smells soapy and lasts 8+ hours. Projects strongly for the first couple hours.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Mine is 2010 as well; only worn it once as my other fragrances interest me more.

I've never heard any significant batch variations besides Aventus of course, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, and Silver Mountain Water. Every sample or bottle of Himalaya has smelled exactly the same.