Code of Conduct

Default Turnbull & Asser of Jermyn Street Eau de Cologne by Penhaligon's

I was just made aware of its existence, which is nearly embarrassing considering how much I like T&A shirts - and a fair share of Penhaligon's fragrances. Who knows more?
    I am assuming it's a very British trad thing along the lines of Arlington Cologne, but perhaps with a contemporary twist (Floris JF or so)?

Here is a pic: http://www.henrybucks.com.au/store/T...EDT-100ml.html
    Last edited by the_good_life; 27th May 2012 at 12:08 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Turnbull & Asser of Jermyn Street Eau de Cologne by Penhaligon's

I will be watching this thread closely, but alas, I cannot add any information

You know what, I walk past T&A in the City every day on the way to work and I always think to myself 'I must try that'. I'll see if I can pop in on Monday, have a spray, and I'll check back in.

Good find!

Lets hope its not a tweaked Duro.

for swap/sale:

Would love for this to land in the States...My last name is Turnbull!!
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Banned

Interested as well, thanks for the heads up.

I contacted Henry Bucks about this fragrance. They said they will get some information on it for me. They don't have any samples but are trying to get some. I have no idea even what type of fragrance it is. Hopefully, it is not a re-branding of another.

Just stumbled ovfer this tweet:http://twitter.com/HannahJBetts/stat...08554889924608
    A "leathery skin scent," 75 quid at T&A in Jermyn Street. wonder if one of the Londoners could pick up a sample and report details.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Bumping this. Curious about this one.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I mailed T&A, but snooty as they are, no response.
    My Wardrobe

One of the marketing managers at Henry Bucks in Australia put sent me a sample a couple of days ago. From what they've told me, T&A does not carry the product, only Henry Bucks does.

Just looks like regular EDC dressed up in a fancy label.

Never tried it, but if it captures the style and elegance of the fashion house by the same name, I am surely interested.

Well I received this fragrance in the mail today from Australia and unfortunately, I am dissapointed. It's not horrible, but it's more of a 3 star fragrance. The opening is a dark orange with some spices and an off-putting synthetic ginger edge (similar to Sartorial) that fades quickly. T&A is difficult to categorize, but I would say it is a leathery/woody aromatic worse than Sartorial but better than Juniper Sling. There are some good quality oils here, but not enough to make a difference. The heart and base descend quietly into the ho-hum woody-musk of any British type masculine aromatic.

Too bad, but no surprise. I still can't figure out why they would only sell this in Australia?!
    My Wardrobe

How similar is this to the Penhaligon's Eau De Cologne that was released several years ago in their anthology series ?

Blog Entries

Will try it in London soon and report back...