Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Lumière Noire Pour Homme Longevity/Projection Questions

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    I'm finding that this doesn't seem very noticeable at all on my skin after about 4 hours or so, yet it seems to be the general concensus that its a longevity beast of a scent. It does seem detectable on a shirt i sprayed as a test after 3 days though. Could it be that it just doesn't blend well with my skin? Or is olfactory fatigue the likely cause? I've been going with a spray to each wrist, one to the chest and two on the neck. I've had similar longevity issues with Lyric Man too. Another rose scent universally praised for its staying power!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I am guessing it is olfactory fatigue. I have Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, and it lasts a long time. You could probably try this: Don't spray on your neck where you will be smelling it all the time -- try just spraying on your wrists/arms so you are not constantly breathing it in. Then sample your wrists ever half hour or so and see how long you can continue to smell it - that should help you determine if it is OF, or you just aren't getting much longevity out of it. Or you could ask someone if they can smell it on you.

what's the point of longevity without projection.

its worth nothing if longevity is 17 hours on skin but stops projecouting after 3 hours.

the general consensus is that projection is poor.

that said, i still love it & wear it to short occasions our casually at home.
    for swap/sale:

I get great longevity and great projection as well--my wife could smell it as soon as I stepped in the door after 8 hours or so. It could also be skin type.

I just came across a semi-vintage bottle of Fahrenheit (from 1998) and I put it on and poof, after 2-3 hours it's undetectable on my skin. Such a shame because I love it! But skin types do make a surprising amount of difference as well.

Great frag.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Great frag.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    what's the point of longevity without projection.

its worth nothing if longevity is 17 hours on skin but stops projecouting after 3 hours.

the general consensus is that projection is poor.

that said, i still love it & wear it to short occasions our casually at home.
    To me, longevity is much more important than projection. Always has been and always will be. I wear scents for myself, not for others, so if I can still smell what I'm wearing after 10 hours or more, but others can't, I'm fine with that.

Wore Lumiere Noire again and it seems to be a different story. Applied it around 6pm last night and as of noon, I can still smell it faintly on my wrists. It seemed to vanish and then come back.

Also, on the subject of longevity/projection, I've read so many people say that Frapin 1270 is terrible on both counts, but I've found the complete opposite. There are few scents where I notice the smell like a cloud around me quite as much as this one and its still going strong on my wrists the next day. Look like I got lucky with my skin type on that one and I'm glad as its incredible stuff!

To me, longevity is much more important than projection. Always has been and always will be. I wear scents for myself, not for others, so if I can still smell what I'm wearing after 10 hours or more, but others can't, I'm fine with that.

Wore Lumiere Noire again and it seems to be a different story. Applied it around 6pm last night and as of noon, I can still smell it faintly on my wrists. It seemed to vanish and then come back.

Also, on the subject of longevity/projection, I've read so many people say that Frapin 1270 is terrible on both counts, but I've found the complete opposite. There are few scents where I notice the smell like a cloud around me quite as much as this one and its still going strong on my wrists the next day. Look like I got lucky with my skin type on that one and I'm glad as its incredible stuff!
    You've confused projection with sillage. Sillage is the trail you leave.
    Projection is the bit where you smell the perfume. How strong projection is can be measured by how strongly you can smell the perfume when completely stationary.
    for swap/sale:

You've confused projection with sillage. Sillage is the trail you leave.
    Projection is the bit where you smell the perfume. How strong projection is can be measured by how strongly you can smell the perfume when completely stationary.
    Either way, longevity is still one of the most important aspects of any scent to me.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Lumiere Noire is quite a transparent scent. It is not a sillage monster but it is definitely noticeable, average I suppose. Longevity is great.

Either way, longevity is still one of the most important aspects of any scent to me.

so you're saying you'd rather lift various body parts to your nose to smell your perfume as opposed to smelling it through projection.

cool. i suggest you take yoga classes. it'll help with stretching.
    for swap/sale:

From reading above I apparently get an unusual amount of projection with this one. I can smell it radiating off my own skin without reaching to smell it for 6-8 hours easily; 10-12 hours longevity. Very good performance on this one (and a great scent).
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

so you're saying you'd rather lift various body parts to your nose to smell your perfume as opposed to smelling it through projection.

cool. i suggest you take yoga classes. it'll help with stretching.

I would say that in general, at least in my experience, after a while the only way you can get a decent whiff of what you are wearing IS to smell your wrist or whatever. If after a few hours you are still enveloped in a cloud of scent then you are most probably wearing far too much and will just be annoying those around you.