Code of Conduct

Question Attar de Roses (Mecheri) - leather or apricot?

Have a small sample of Keiko Mecheri's Attar de Roses, which is simply gorgeous. But the scent notes and other reviews say there is a leathery note here, where I detect only apricot. Does anyone else know this scent? What do you think? (Actually, now that I think of it, new leather and apricot do have some notes in common). I'd like to know, as I always thought I wouldn't like leather and have avoided testing perfumes with this note. But I absolutely love this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Attar de Roses (Mecheri) - leather or apricot?

Hi redrose!

I love Attar de Roses, too! I don't get apricot specifically, but that could be where the soft leather note is coming from, and I definitely get the soft leather. But you know, apricot is often used in scents described as suede-y, so it sounds like your assessment is spot-on. I'll have to sniff for the apricot the next time I wear it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Default Re: Attar de Roses (Mecheri) - leather or apricot?

Thanks for the feedback, Evangeline, that is really interesting. I now want to sample some of the "leather" scents I dismissed without testing, as it seems they could be equally lovely too.