Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Royal Oud by Creed vs New York Oud by Bond vs Memoir Man by Amouga - Help Me Pick 1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    I am really leaning towards New York Oud right now but the price is just so crazy
    great prices for it on ebay. dont know if they will ship to you though.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Default Re: Royal Oud by Creed vs New York Oud by Bond vs Memoir Man by Amouga - Help Me Pick 1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    great prices for it on ebay. dont know if they will ship to you though.
    You got that right. $170
    Not bad at all...
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

NY Oud
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

My vote goes to Memoir, although it is not an oud fragrance as others have noted.

NY Oud is more sweet and unisex than Royal Oud, and features more oud as well. Royal Oud is more of a dry, masculine, leather and spice kind of scent where the oud is more of a supportive player. Can't go wrong with either of them, it just depends what you want.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
    Currently wearing: Sculpture Homme by Nikos

I like Memoir Man and have no problem with it in HK summer but it ain't oud. Tried the Creed and it felt a bit bland to me, haven't tried the other one. Dior Leather Oud and their new one might be worth a look before you pull the trigger?

according to amouage its incense-oud, oh well may be.. connoisseurs might know better than hopeless salesmen..HK climate same as Malaysia..reason why i shortlisted it..

Royal Oud
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

I like all of them, but Memoir Man by Amouage is the best of the three fragrances.

I've not tried Royal Oud, but I think New York Oud would do well in the heat (it has that sexual undercurrent with the animalic honey, and these types of scents tend to really come to life with heat), whereas I don't find Memoir as satisfying in hot weather as I do in cool weather.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I think Julliette Has Gun's Mid Night Oud is lovely.

If you want to go more luxurious, Micallef's Royal Oud is my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    NY Oud is more roses and saffron + synthetic oud - not quite as good as Midnight Oud by Juliette Has A Gun, but both are good.
    You honestly like Midnight Oud better than NY Oud? I find that NY Oud has a lot more going on, and is more vibrant, lively, fun, sexy.. you name it. Midnight Oud seems so middle of the road in every category that it doesn't really say much of anything. That's also the problem, to a lesser extent, with Micallef's Aoud. Too blended/refined for its own good. It is good, but it's kind of boring, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    according to amouage its incense-oud, oh well may be.. connoisseurs might know better than hopeless salesmen..HK climate same as Malaysia..reason why i shortlisted it..
    It's the smoky embers frankincense after the incredible dark green opening is that really defines this one for me, quite stark but beautiful.

Guys - I am now leaning more towards Amouage's "Memoir" , I had New York Oud sprayed on me the the whole day today, and indeed a little disappointing, did well in the heat but really can't stand the head-ache inducing synthetic oud, it smells so chemical-ish..middle notes are beautiful though, but i guess not enough for the price tag...dry down is ok - i think even Oud Absolu M7 by YSL beats this buy a slim margin....- i shall also visit Arabian Oud tomorrow..

Sur la Plage

Any of them except Royal Dud.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Harrods Swarovski is the best oud from Bond no.9. So since thats not one of the options...Creed Royal Oud takes it for me.