Code of Conduct

Question Portrait of a lady......frederick malle...is it the best in the market so far ( 2012 )...????

Bertrand Duchaufour. One of the best .
    All comments seem to glorify Portrait of a Lady.
    Please give me your opinion...
    For sure, the raw-material employed in its confection was crème de la crème....
    and the bottom line , the fragance ?

Default Re: Portrait of a lady......frederick malle...is it the best in the market so far ( 2012 )...????

I don't want to disappoint you but Portrait Of A Lady is by Dominique Ropion.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: Portrait of a lady......frederick malle...is it the best in the market so far ( 2012 )...????

It's nice but not the best in his line IMO.

It is my favourite from the Malle line

Sound Scents

It is my favorite of all the scents I have sniffed to date.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Gorgeous Rose, incense, raspberry -Total Power House, for more Masculine than feminine, name is misguiding.

Man Aldo you're going crazy with the thread-starting today. Must have been a day full of deep thinking

I would have to argue against Portrait of a Lady being the best of 2012... as there are still 6 months left!

Also, isn't it from 2010?? Regardless, absolutely gorgeous and completely worth the high price tag.

Dependent

I think its nice! Would definitely get a decant of it soon when my wallet permits
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I am enjoying Aldo's threads! Topics are right up my alley.

I have not tried POAL but really want to. This one and Carnal Flower are two that I really want to sniff.
    I like a few other Malles, and really like Musc Rav!

PoaL is fantastic! Definitely quite masculine. This and Carnal Flower are my picks from the whole Malle line.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I think you should collect pokemon cards instead =P

On a serious note, of the few Malles that I've sniffed it's probably my favorite. Hate Musc Ravageur, hate Tubureuse Criminelle, like this one. It's wearable and artistic at the same time.

You're too eager to start threads aldo

Great fragrance. I agree that it is quite masculine.

It's very nice. A bit too much patchouli for my tastes but very good. Rose, patchouli and incense.

Do try Lumeire noire pour homme and Voleur de Roses. Both are patchouli and rose based.

for swap/sale:

It's very nice. A bit too much patchouli for my tastes but very good. Rose, patchouli and incense.

Do try Lumeire noire pour homme and Voleur de Roses. Both are patchouli and rose based.

for swap/sale:

This is my favorite Frederic Malle fragrance, and I'm a big fan of a lot of Malle scents. It was one of those rare love at first smell experiences.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

Amongst these three, which do you think is the best (most balanced, most satisfying etc.)?

A masterpiece imo

Anyone know if there are any current splits on this frag. ? Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle

What is the longevity and silage on this? May pick this up next week in London

Where have my posts gone? I have gone under 500 and lost a star!!!!!!!

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Both are absolutely outstanding. It is one of the five strongest scents in my collection in both.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

It'll last you another week if you don't wash it off...it's serious stuff and one of the few I'd consider to project like a monster.

That's it Iam going for it. Thanks both.

- - - Updated - - -

Just before I lay my eyes on this? Is there anything like batch variation or reformulation that I need to worry about?

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked the price £200? May have to delay a month as TV is on the buy list for this month unless a couple of big ticket deals comes my way and uplift my mood. lol

Sound Scents

That's it Iam going for it. Thanks both.

- - - Updated - - -

Just before I lay my eyes on this? Is there anything like batch variation or reformulation that I need to worry about?

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked the price £200? May have to delay a month as TV is on the buy list for this month unless a couple of big ticket deals comes my way and uplift my mood. lol
    I would not worry too much about batch variations, as Malle is not ridiculous with those kinds of things like one particular house. ;-). As for cost, yes, that is a poser, but you may want to also consider the 50ml bottle. One spray to one and a half should be plenty for most folks to get the desired result, so even a 50 ml bottle can last quite a while... PoaL is definitely one of the few scents at its relatively lofty price point that is worth every penny, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I would not worry too much about batch variations, as Malle is not ridiculous with those kinds of things like one particular house. ;-). As for cost, yes, that is a poser, but you may want to also consider the 50ml bottle. One spray to one and a half should be plenty for most folks to get the desired result, so even a 50 ml bottle can last quite a while... PoaL is definitely one of the few scents at its relatively lofty price point that is worth every penny, IMO.

I know Malle has those 3 10 ml spray vials for $110 for some of their scents. May be worth a try. Might not be the best "deal" but a nice way to pay less total price if you're not planning on using an entire 50 ml

One of my all time favourites. Currently I would say Le Parfum de Therese, Une Rose and POAL are my favourite FMs.

bgoc ...longevity on myself is four - five hours, and I don't hold back when applying any FM. It's not the longevity of Carnal Flower and Une Rose(on me) .....but it is an exquisite fragrance.

Re batch formulations :this is probably the perfume house I trust the most re *mucking about* .

If you call one of the SAs in Liberty and talk to them, they are very kind with their time and knowledge.

Hope you get to try it soon

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal