Code of Conduct

Default Seeking (Budget) fragrance along the lines of Villoresi "Dilmun" or Creed Millesime Imperial ?

Hi all,

I must confess that I truly love some of the more refreshing type fragrances such as Lorenzo Villoresi "Dilmun" and Creed "Millesime Imperial" and well as Body Kouros. I am seeking suggestions for OUTSTANDING fragrances along the general lines of the aforementioned fragrances that are not too expensive nor TOO sweet. I am a MIDDLE aged Gentleman if that helps.
    Did I mention that I do not like too sweet ? Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Default Re: Seeking (Budget) fragrance along the lines of Villoresi "Dilmun" or Creed Millesime Imperial ?

The first fragrance that came to mind was Bergamotto Marino by Gianfranco Ferré.
    It's not really that similar to any of the ones you mention. It's definitely not complex like Dilmun. It's probably closest to MI, but not as aquatic.

It's just a well made summer scent. Very easy to wear and it lasts very well considering the type of scent it is.
    It smells like it should cost more.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Seeking (Budget) fragrance along the lines of Villoresi "Dilmun" or Creed Millesime Imperial ?

Perhaps UDV Black by Ulric de Varens

I think Unforgivable is often mentioned as an MI alternative. My own plan for replacing my decant of MI when it runs down will be to order some of the MI-type fragrance oil from the Fragrance Shop.

For a cheaper alternative to MI, you can check out Love & Luck by Ed Hardy. Yes, you read that correctly. If you're at all familiar with Ed Hardy branding, you may be immediately turned off, but honestly, give the frag a chance (you can often find this one at Maxx or Marshall's). Even some of the more experienced noses here will 'admit' that it's very well done and is a real crowd-pleaser. Downside is longevity isn't more than a few hours, but at ~$20 for 50ml (what I paid on ebay), you can spray liberally and re-apply whenever you feel like it.

This thread is HAUNTED for me (and my Computer). Abandoning thrre

+1 for Ed Hardy Love & Luck. Surprisingly good and inexpensive. A solid alternative to Millesime Imperial.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

For MI perhaps Live Jazz

SOB! I'll try again! This is the SIXTH time I have tried to respond to my thread with no luck, perhaps this time.

Anyway, Please note that I am not looking for a CLONE of the aforementioned fragrances. I am seeking a SUMMER type BUDGET fragrance that is of decent quality that is NOT too sweet and has some staying power for yours truly SixCats! aka "The Black hole of scents!" Something that is NOT like my usual Maine Winter type fragrances which tend to be DARK, Powerful, Strong, Earthy, Leather, Animal, Tobacco, Vetiver, Patchouli, Coffee and dare I say it ? Some stay Stinky! I need something more......ALIVE with sparkling brightness and light, effervescent, something Citrus perhaps but with VERY LITTLE sweetness. I can NOT stomach sweeety sugar syrup or Flowers. I am a mid aged Gentleman if that helps. Thanks for any

for true budget frags, I might look towards Halston Unbound or Beyond Paradise for Men...the latter may be a little sweet for you though. PLus, there's always Cool Water.