Code of Conduct

Default Montale Attar and Amouage silver man

Is it safe to blind-buy this product? How is your comments, which frangrances similar with montale attar? What are your recommendations?

Same questions for amouage silver man too, i'm a huge fan of reflection and jubilation xxv, but i hate gold man. Experts and guru's show me the road

Default Re: Montale Attar and Amouage silver man

Can only speak about the first one which I have. This is one of my favorite Montales. Excellent longevity lasting the whole day on me. If someone is wearing this you can smell it as soon he or she enters the room. I recommend it.

For those who can't handle the oud ala-Montale style, then Attar is a good choice. It doesn't have that shocking oud opening like most Montales do. It's elegant and has that Arabian vibe. Nice!

Silver is very potent. It's a masculine white floral. Opening is strong but the dry down is gorgeous. No relation to Gold Man. Silver Man is easy to wear, all year round scent.

double post...

At those prices, they are certainly not safe blind buys. But they are very good, as others were saying.

As hednic described, Attar doesn't have the classical Montale sharp oud opening, which is what I like in Montales, so I prefer other entries in the line; that said, it's smooth and rich and certainly worthy.

Silver is very different from other Amouages. It is a sort of eau de cologne accord, a fresh rose-neroli with a strange, near metallic accord (perhaps some orange byproduct? who knows). At times, I almost have the feeling that the metal takes over, turning it into a sporty masculine, but on skin, it never does, Silver remains extremely natural smelling and extremely fresh. And it lasts longer than most other eau de cologne. It is now on my to buy list. As said, it's quite different from other perfumes in the line; it has nothing of my beloved Gold's rich civety florals, nor does it have the incense of jub xxv. But it also has none of the synthetic sporty aspect of Ciel or the sweetness and Creed-like feel of Reflection. It use would be as a fresh, extremely natural smelling (but extremely expensive) eau de cologne, better than the acqua di Parma, on par with the Chanel, but longer lasting.

cacio

Thanks for the comments.I know amouage's smells generally ciel, honour, jubilation, dia just i didnt try that silver man .

Hard to find in Turkey montale products, in one forum one guy is selling montale attar boxed with a good price. I did not smell montale line, i wanna buy that but i'm scared. They're expensive enough as you know. Maybe amouage silver man is a better choice, at least i can imagine the quality and the smell. But it is not popular too, i could not find too much reviews about it.

I actually find Silver and Ciel to share a lot of DNA. Silver is dressier though. Basically, it really does smell (as I believe Foetidus mentioned in his review of it) like an opulent fabric softener. "Silver Snuggles" I think he calls it, and that is spot on.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I actually find Silver and Ciel to share a lot of DNA.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by denondj View Post
    Same questions for amouage silver man too, i'm a huge fan of reflection and jubilation xxv, but i hate gold man. Experts and guru's show me the road
    I love Reflection Man and Jub XXV, like Dia Man, and find Gold Man overblown. I thought I would like Silver Man based on notes but on my skin it turned urinous.

You can┤t go wrong with Attar; you┤ll love it, I┤m sure! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I love Reflection Man and Jub XXV, like Dia Man, and find Gold Man overblown. I thought I would like Silver Man based on notes but on my skin it turned urinous.
    Ugh i need to try it first then . I really like ciel man too, but didnt tried on my skin

Easyfish i'm getting a sample of black aoud maybe i can learn characteristic of montale's then i can choose it