Code of Conduct

Default Can someone validate this aventus bottle?

So I bought a bottle on eBay for $190. Seems foolish in retrospect simply because of how sketchy eBay can be. Anyways, now I have a bottle of A42B11Y02 and it smells weak compared to a sample of X02. Here are a bunch of photos I snapped. I'd like to not some things. Near the sprayer, it seems to be blue from the bottom looking up. The label on the bottom of the box also seems to have some splits due to faulty printing. Very light, but noticeable. What really throws me off is that it smells so much more mild than the X02 sample; and I mean that in a bad way.

The images don't seem to be showing, so I'll leave a direct link to the album:

http://imageshack.us/g/825/20120527211215.jpg/
    Last edited by Mike-oXi; 28th May 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: Can someone validate this aventus bottle?

Even if it's real, was the money you saved worth the hassle and stress of getting a fake? You still spend $190 dude.
    I hate to kick you when you're down, but I'm tired of people trying to be cheapskates and then freaking out over fake vs real issues. It it's on eBay, assume it's fake and just buy from a legit vendor and whatever money you pay extra is well worth the peace of mind.

Look at how many pics you took, homie!

Looks okay to me. I have not heard about Aventus counterfeits but it is only a matter of time. There are actually many reputable dealers of Creed fragrance on eBay and some excellent buys to be had. There are also shysters who are selling fake GIT, Original Vetiver, etc.

Martin

Looks fine to me.

You're validated.
    Unfortunately, Aventus is a weak puppy for some. Many claim 10 hrs longevity and nuclear projection/sillage, but I'm pretty sure they are crazy.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Its real.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-oXi View Post
    So I bought a bottle on eBay for $190. Seems foolish in retrospect simply because of how sketchy eBay can be. Anyways, now I have a bottle of A42B11Y02 and it smells weak compared to a sample of X02. Here are a bunch of photos I snapped. I'd like to not some things. Near the sprayer, it seems to be blue from the bottom looking up. The label on the bottom of the box also seems to have some splits due to faulty printing. Very light, but noticeable. What really throws me off is that it smells so much more mild than the X02 sample; and I mean that in a bad way.

The images don't seem to be showing, so I'll leave a direct link to the album:

http://imageshack.us/g/825/20120527211215.jpg/
    Looks sketchy man. You're gonna have to mail that bottle to me so I can test it out and see if it's legit or not.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Looks good to me, it even has the same barcode # as my bottle. I'm of the opinion that there ARE batch variations with this scent, and that the old "smokey" batches of Aventus were the ones with the 10+Hrs longevity.

Dependent

Looks legit!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    You're validated.
    Unfortunately, Aventus is a weak puppy for some. Many claim 10 hrs longevity and nuclear projection/sillage, but I'm pretty sure they are crazy.
    My wife smells this on me at least 10 hours after application. I can only smell it after about 7-8, and only if I smell inside my shirt. Usually fragrances hold up pretty well on my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Even if it's real, was the money you saved worth the hassle and stress of getting a fake? You still spend $190 dude.
    I hate to kick you when you're down, but I'm tired of people trying to be cheapskates and then freaking out over fake vs real issues. It it's on eBay, assume it's fake and just buy from a legit vendor and whatever money you pay extra is well worth the peace of mind.

Look at how many pics you took, homie!
    Well, I actually bid on it with no intention of winning. I thought the price was too good and I'd be outbid. I secretly wanted to win and thought that would be a great price and as the auction was ending, I realized that one else was bidding, then considered the issues with the bottle. In all honesty, I thought it was a legit bottle when buying it, and thought that when I got it, but the smell seems noticeably different from the sample of X02 I had and I didn't like that. I wanted to make sure it was real before starting some sort of batch variation discussion.

Did you dab the sample or spray it? That normally gives you a surprising difference with Aventus.

Box and bottle look legit! I took my box out (bought from the Creed store in Paris), and even the lines in the box texture are exactly the same!

It's good, enjoy.

Aventus is INFAMOUS for batch differences! There is a monster thread about it.

Looks legit to me but I concur with previous poster - it's not worth to buy on ebay only to fret over authenticity. Creeds in particular, I only buy from their website or in the store.

Looks sketchy to me.... did that help validate your fears? That's what you were looking for, amiright?
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Looks sketchy to me.... did that help validate your fears? That's what you were looking for, amiright?
    Apparently not. If you read my second post in this thread, I really have little concern for legitimacy, but the scent seems off, and before I added to the batch variation discussion, I wanted to verify that my Aventus was legit, which I had very little doubt it was, but I wanted to be sure.

Last edited by DRMOVIE1; 17th March 2013 at 01:58 AM.

I've had good and bad luck with eBay, but when spending that much money, it's worth doing a bit of extra homework to make sure you can trust the seller and to make sure you can't get a better deal elsewhere. I bought a 4oz bottle of Aventus brand new from Fragrancenet and paid less without having to worry about getting a fake. The trick is to wait for a promo deal. And if you add ebates on top of it, you can save even more.

Something to keep in mind for future purchases.

Your bottle certainly looks legit to me.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Did you dab the sample or spray it? That normally gives you a surprising difference with Aventus.
    Fully agree.