Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Perfume giveaway....

Hi all!

So when I JUST started my little journey into understanding perfumes, I found a website where you can order a perfume with percentages of ingredients. I thought myself an expert already (ha!) and ordered it. Now, a few weeks - and 15 tests of SL and Amouage - later, I am realising that this scent, which came today, is not for me.

I will give you the notes below, but here is my experience:

It starts off aldehyde explosion, sparkle express. Then a marine-rose develops, which I must admit is extremely interesting to me, as other things pop up (jasmine and musk) in whispers at times between it. The sharp aldehyde note goes, and takes the rose with it, leaving behind a slightly floral but VERY RED FRUIT note. I don't mean Ribena or purple smells like in Tresor Midnight Rose. I mean the little RED berries. It IS a very nice note; it's just not something I LOVE. Ever since I read the book "Cleaning up you clutter with Feng Shui", I'm careful to only keep what I love, and pass on what I don't to someone who will. The rest of the heart is a soft floral with SLIGHT resin tints. The drydown is super yummy but soft, a soft rose that's almost like a REALLY yummy body cream. I'd keep it, but Amouage Memoir is screaming my name and therefore red fruits are no longer my friend. It's a slightly tangy summer fragrance that becomes softer over time.

Here are the notes as I ordered them:

Red Fruit 31%
    Marine 16%
    Rose 12%
    Jasmine 9%
    Musk 8%
    Muguet 7%
    Aldehyde 6%
    Fruit 4%
    Spice 3%
    Amber 3%
    Iris 1%

Basically, I want people to come up with a number between 1-100, and the number closest to my chosen number will be the winner. I'll close this contest Monday at midnight my time (Dutch).

There are two rules:

- ONLY bid on this if you think you will LOVE it based on what you've read, not just because it's a giveaway.
    - If you win it but don't end up loving it, please write this on this thread, and then find someone else to send it to. It's really important to me that it goes to someone who adores it.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

queen of the universe

Default Re: Perfume giveaway....

My guess: 23
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Word "aldehyde" always gets my attention. My number is 34.

maybe 84

Love red fruit! Love jasmine!.

My guess, 42.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

I know that I have a hard time basing whether I will love a fragrance or not based on the notes, but if I try it and won't love it, I'll pass it on, as per the rules.
    I do love aldehydes, jasmine, LOTV. Let me try with 67.

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

Lucky number 13!!!!!!

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    Lucky number 13!!!!!!
    Lucky number 13 indeed!

My number was 17 and yours was closest! Congrats!!
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com