Code of Conduct

Default Perfume Allergy to strong scents-need advice and suggestions for a suitable men's perfume

Hello,
    I have an allergy to strong scents since childhood,when i get near a strong scent or put on a perfume that is very strong,i get scratchy throat and difficulty breathing,but that is minor and controlled by anti histamine,what cannot be controlled is that my brain kind of stops and my thought process becomes very slow and i have difficulty understanding and thinking properly compared to my normal levels...
    However,in today's age you do need a perfume to go to parties or on dates and it makes a good impression
    ,i have tried 212 men,issey miyake,dunhill blue desire recently,ck... all too strong for me,my brain goes heavy and drops just drops dead slow like i have a cold...
    The only thing i can tolerate is an axe chocolate deodorant in normal amounts on my armpits...thats it...
    I have a date in a few days and the girl loves perfumes,
    i needed advice and suggestions about some perfumes for men with really light scent to smell which will be easy on my nose and not make my brain stop and go dead heavy like i have some cold...and ofcourse which will last a bit longer...thanks in advance

Best Regards

Default Re: Perfume Allergy to strong scents-need advice and suggestions for a suitable men's perfume

Bvlgari Homme

It is a very light tea-based scent. It was too light for me, so I got rid of it. But it's nice, and others can pick up on it.

I'd also recommend Guerlain Homme L'Eau. It's heavier than Bvlgari Homme, but it's still fairly light. 2 sprays would probably be
    good for you. It's got grapefruit, mint, and juniper notes, maybe a touch of rum, and some light woods. An excellent scent especially during the summer. And applied lightly it may work for you.

And finally, Gendarme Gerndarme for Men....It's a very clean, lightly soapy fragrance that tends to blend with the wearer's skin. It's inoffensive and quiet. I can't see it ever causing a headache. It's a nice one.

Of the 3, my favorite is Guerlain Homme L'Eau, but it's also the strongest, so it may not work for you.

Default Re: Perfume Allergy to strong scents-need advice and suggestions for a suitable men's perfume

It seems you have some serious allergy - have you checked with an allergologist?

Depending on what one is allergic to, solid perfumes (like those in stick form, eg certain by Lush) can be better, and of course
    spraying away from the face, eg legs, can also help. But in your case, I think a medical consulation is needed first.

cacio

Perhaps some of the Honore des Pres scents (natural) might be better suited to your situation.

Creed Millesime Imperial - nice soft & gentle scent. It's there and then it's gone

Or try Burberry Brit & YSL L'Homme. Both milder softer scents.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Don't wear any perfume before consulting with several doctors.
    The symptoms you describe are not worth wearing perfume.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Please go to an allergist to nail down the allergen that is responsible. My friend has perfume allergies too but his is caused by florals so he uses only citrus-based scents like Royall Lymme.

Thanks alot guys,i will definitely take a look at your suggestions...take care

Definitely go to a professional who can possibly pinpoint exact notes in fragrances that really may make you ill.

I would suggest Rochas Man. It is light, sweet smelling, and women love it.

Also you stated that you can wear a chocolate smelling Axe deodorant which if I am not mistaken it's probably Dark Temptation.

Recently in Walmart I just strolled thru the body spray isle and I sprayed Axe DT and it smelled like Rochas Man.

So definitely Rochas Man and also D&G The One.

Both light, sweet fragrances. Perfect for a date.

Whoa whoa whoa! Does your altered mental status start before you take the antihistamine.

You are going to kill yourself testing fragrances. Go to see a Dr. Maybe get a lung function test and other workup on your lungs for asthma etc.....
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892