Code of Conduct

Default Ck one appreciation thread

i know , this scent is flamed by many and hated. but I feel that there is something magical about it. It was probably one of everyones first scents and has a very well deserved place in the fragrance hall of fame. I really appreciate its simplicity. It reminds me of younger days of carefree afternoons and highschool parties. Its actually a nice scent with all its citrus and jasmine green tea accords. This scent is just what you want to wear when you dont want to think about wearing anything. So , with that I appreciate CK One. great stuff

Default Re: Ck one appreciation thread

CK one is a very easy to like scent, i don't see anyone hating this, it is a classic, the fact that my bottle has just one or two sprays left in it makes me sad, it is time for a refill i guess! am thinking of getting a flanker this time, like ck one summer blablabla... does anyone knows the perfect flanker for ck one ? something more fresher perhaps to try...

Don't hate CK One, it's ok but not one of my favorites really. However I do enjoy CK One Summer the 2012 Edition. Smells really refreshing and I like it.

I have to confess I have never owned nor smelled it :$ :$ :$

But I don't know if it would fit my wardrobe though.

the 2012 Summer version is exactly the same as the 2009. i have both and they are identical. the only summer flankers worth getting are the amazing 2005 ..briliance and 2010..very masculine good stuff

I spritzed some on my arm at a fragrance counter recently, it had been years since I'd worn it. It was so good I almost had to fight back tears. Yeah, it was a very good year. I have a new bottle in my wardrobe.

Banned

cK one has been overshadowed by:

cK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein - One is initially treated to a mildly fresh accord. Clementine, with its sweet orangey and faint floral facets, lavender with its clean, herbal character, as well as cumcumber, with its medicinal, sea-like aspect, all commingle in a brisk concoction. A cloud of something, perhaps aldehydes or the cryptic, energy drink accent, imparts an effervescence to the invigorating blend. Transitioning to the heart, a field day with herbs is had. Leafy, black basil, with its licorice accent, vivacious and woody black pepper as well as mildly spicy and sweet cardamom encase the opening. A nascent tobacco serves as a backdrop to the herbal jubilation. Segueing to the base, the rich and spicy tabacco has come into full bloom, while an earthy mustiness of patchouli flitters about. A pleasant ambrene wood infuses its laurel-like, sweet and spicy, woody overtures. And, a casheran musk imparts its velvety, somewhat floral bouquet. An enjoyable drydown ensues. This versatile composition is an all-season scent with average projection and average longevity, 6-8 hours. Its favorable price point makes this fragrance even more welcomed.

I'll give this one props, it smells very nice. Not the most potent mofo, but smells very pleasing (surprisingly pleasing actually).

I adore Ck One Shock... love the gourmand composition.. a definitel departure from the original CK One

Basenotes Junkie

anyone else find it similar to issey miyake?