Code of Conduct
    naqshbandi.mudasir

Default perfume that would match me

hey guys..
    I am 23 looking for a scent to to match my personality, i look more like a 28 years man who can try any thing thats ruff and tuff so deffo im looking for something in mild woody which would be difficult to carry by anyone else other than me...i usually have a serious look on my face at office so im not looking for cute tingy tangy smiley face scent...my last bottle was 1 million made me feel like a kid so i am looking for something more strong and manly and it deffo should not be sweat -.-
    i have a list, tell me which one lasts longer and would match best for me:

Zino Davidoff by Davidoff
    Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent
    M7 by Yves Saint Laurent
    Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent
    Dreamer by Versace
    Antaeus by Chanel
    Ungaro III by Ungaro
    Emporio Armani Diamonds Black Carat for Men by Giorgio Armani

or let me know what you guys think would match me the best???

Default Re: perfume that would match me

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I agree with Hednic- LJ is very versatile and a nice smelling scent.

Kouros, lightly applied IMO, can be excellent too.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by naqshbandi.mudasir View Post
    hey guys..
    I am 23 looking for a scent to to match my personality, i look more like a 28 years man who can try any thing thats ruff and tuff so deffo im looking for something in mild woody which would be difficult to carry by anyone else other than me...i usually have a serious look on my face at office so im not looking for cute tingy tangy smiley face scent...my last bottle was 1 million made me feel like a kid so i am looking for something more strong and manly and it deffo should not be sweat -.-
    i have a list, tell me which one lasts longer and would match best for me:

Zino Davidoff by Davidoff
    M7 by Yves Saint Laurent
    Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent
    Dreamer by Versace
    Antaeus by Chanel
    Ungaro III by Ungaro

or let me know what you guys think would match me the best???
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 29th May 2012 at 04:07 AM.

deffo Zino.

I would suggest Ungaro III, because it has a base that is very creamy without being too sweet and has a very nice sandalwood accord. If you are from the Indian subcontinent or thereabouts (as your screen name suggests), you will find it somewhat redolent--without being a duplicate--of eastern attars, especially in the dry-down. It would therefore work well with not just business attire but Kurta-Shalwar suits and Sherwanis as well.

On that same note, Encre Noire by Lalique is also a fine woody perfume that is kind of like a bridge between Western perfumery and Eastern Khas ittars. It starts off all serious and manly (some would even call it macho), but has a really velvety and sensual dry-down. So it does justice to both the "gentle" and the "man" that make up the concept of a true "gentleman".
    Last edited by protector; 29th May 2012 at 04:26 AM.

Kouros definitely sounds like you, and it lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by naqshbandi.mudasir View Post
    my last bottle was 1 million made me feel like a kid so i am looking for something more strong and manly and it deffo should not be sweat
    I know its not in your list, but you should definitely give Tsar a look.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Antaeus

Welcome!

You seem to imply that you want something strong and butch that will make you even scarier and more masculine. In your list, the "butchest" ones are Antaeus and Kouros (and M7 as well). Another one you could explore is Knize Ten, a butch leather (and leathers in general would fit the bill).

Of course, if you already look butch, you can also play against the look, and go instead for something tender and floral (the point being, girls will know already you're masculine, so you show that you have a tender soul as well). An example would be Anais Anais.

cacio

From your list go with Antaeus. It's a masterpiece that embodies class, masculinity, power and that 'I'm bigger than you' attitude.

From your list, I'd say M7, although it may be too sweet. Also check out Egoiste or Heritage.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From this list, I'd recommend Zino, Antaeus and Ungaro III.

Would Fahrenheit be a bad suggestion?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Banned

Try:

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez
    - Welcome to the Twilight Zone !! The paltry, note listing belies the complexity of this fragrance. Initially, one is bombarded with a lovely, sweet and woodsy violet, whose brilliance is amplified by aldehydes, an amazing, wet concrete, a graceful wave of petrichor, that special smell of earth, caressed by raindrops after a dry spell, a flint smell and an intense mustiness from the patchouli. This surreal melange is enshrouded by a wet, foresty lushness, with flittering specks of flavorful licorice. The welcoming heart kidnaps the explosive opening and fosters its taming. Lovely violet leaves, with their inherent freshness, inspire an exquisitely extreme, green aura akin to grass clippings with a shading of cucumber. Versatile patchouli imparts it nutty and earthy facets. Seductive amber, with its deep, somewhat woody and vanillic dimensions, and white musk, with its dirty sweetness add some powderiness to the blend. The robust base overtakes this humbling middle, where the multifaceted patchouli raises its faintly peppery and herbal heads as well as its mulch-like property. Dry cedar, pencil shavings as well as camphoraceous pine supply intriguing woods. And, evocative, animalic musk, where fecal pellets from critters as well as pubic sweat harmonize, contributes to the fantastical drydown. This extremely masculine and unique composition has very good projection, 4-5 hour scent cloud, and longevity, 7-12 hours - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here. This atypical fragrance is not for the faint of heart.

&

Polo Green and Santos.