Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Cartier Dclaration dun Soir

From Hungry Editor:

Sneak peek @Cartiers Dclaration dun Soir mens fragrance which will be @s5a this fall. Cartier is one of 6 brands in the world that has their own nose. Mathilde Laurent created the scent with notes of pepper, sandalwood & rose.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Cartier Dclaration dun Soir

Thanks for sharing. This sounds quite good ( rose ! ) and hope to get a chance to sample it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

what are the other 5 houses? if you can be kind enough to share...

So that Sales Assistant at Gatwick Airport wasn't BSing me:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...012?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    what are the other 5 houses? if you can be kind enough to share...
    I can work out 4:

Chanel (Polge)
    Guerlain (Wasser)
    Dior (Demachy)
    Hermes (Ellena)

No idea who the 5th is...

Dependent

Absolutely can not wait to try this!

"The most beautiful sea hasnt been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnt grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havent seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havent said yet"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Sounds very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    So that Sales Assistant at Gatwick Airport wasn't BSing me:

I can work out 4:

Chanel (Polge)
    Guerlain (Wasser)
    Dior (Demachy)
    Hermes (Ellena)

No idea who the 5th is...
    Lorenzo Villoresi
    Serge Lutens
    by Kilian

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sounds very interesting.
    Certainly does!

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Maybe Richard Fraysse at Caron? Six seems like an undercount in any case.

Definitely up for this one. Very much.

Def interested, even though Declaration flankers have been a mixed bag for me so far.

Banned

Looking forward to this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for sharing. Since I like Cartier and I like evening scents, I am almost certain this would quite likely make a good evening scent.

Well it seems fall has come early for our American cousins; according to the NowSmellThis blog, it's available now at Bloomingdale's.

Look forward to trying this one, will be interesting to see if Mathilde Laurent stretches out a bit or plays it safe, being a 'guy scent' 'n all - the Cartier commercial line seems pretty conservative to me.

Prada / Daniel Andrier for the missing 'in-house' perfumer maybe? Never heard it being 'official' but the relationship is certainly there for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Well it seems fall has come early for our American cousins; according to the NowSmellThis blog, it's available now at Bloomingdale's.
    Are you sure it is the real thing or a fake they are selling?

Hope to read some reviews of this. Declaration was one of my favorites and taking a look at the notes listed, I think this one could be a winner. Cartier is always classy.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Are you sure it is the real thing or a fake they are selling?
    No idea what you are getting at here.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

This is exciting.....Thanks for the info.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Six seems like an undercount in any case.
    I think also Rochas has in-house nose:Jean-Michel Duriez

Cartier Dclaration dun Soir - absolutely a must to be sampled.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

The Different Company - Bertrand Duchaufour

Not sure what he's working on now but in 2011 there were sixteen fragrances by him released for seven different perfume houses.
    Last edited by pluran; 9th August 2012 at 12:41 PM.

I'm planning on testing this one today at Bloomingdales, and possibly grabbing a bottle if it lives on my skin nicely. (I sniffed a strip in the latest Bloomy's men's catalog, which is what brought it to my attention in the first place. That test strip was rich and promising.) Anyone have any experience with this one yet?

I am in the middle of comparing Bois Bleu, Essence, and the original Declaration. I am very interested in D'un Soir also. I would very much appreciate a report if you get to sample this today.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    I'm planning on testing this one today at Bloomingdales, and possibly grabbing a bottle if it lives on my skin nicely. (I sniffed a strip in the latest Bloomy's men's catalog, which is what brought it to my attention in the first place. That test strip was rich and promising.) Anyone have any experience with this one yet?
    Please tell us what you think!

I did indeed get to Bloomingdales yesterday to spray my arm with D'Un Soir. Then I headed off to a museum. The opening and first phase of this one are very alluring -- big, warm spices and, as I walked with it in the first 40 minutes or so, a distinct and beautiful rose note. After a few hours, though, I was surprised to run smack into some calone. Not a lot, and more noticeable when sniffing close, but definitely that distinct "fresh ozonic" synthetic note. To me it was out of place -- is it here just to reassure guys that this is still "clean"? Very silly -- this flanker is still Declaration and "clean" isn't the mode at all. Anyway. Beyond the rich spice and rose in the first part, the dry down is a spiced vetiver that reminded be a lot of the original Declaration, though it's been a while since I've worn that. Toward the end I was feeling a little fatigued by D'Un Soir. To be fair, three sprays to an arm with a lot of purposeful sniffing may not be fair. I almost decided to buy it based on the beautiful first hour or so alone, but as it is, I'd like another full-day go with this, worn the way I normally would (a few sprays on the chest) to really see whether it's a full bottle buy for me.

Oh, it IS worth saying, though, that apart from that odd ozonic note, this distinctly falls within the Declaration family, no doubt.

Nice review...thanks. I gave the original Declaration a full day wearing today...I really enjoyed it. I will need to procure a sample of D'un Soir to compare.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    After a few hours, though, I was surprised to run smack into some calone. Not a lot, and more noticeable when sniffing close, but definitely that distinct "fresh ozonic" synthetic note. To me it was out of place -- is it here just to reassure guys that this is still "clean"? Very silly -- this flanker is still Declaration and "clean" isn't the mode at all.
    How disappointing! Calone is the worst. Thanks for your review.

Seems like Cartier has faith in this fragrance, because they have launch a full line with EDT, shower-gel, deo-stick and after-shave balm. This must be the first time Cartier make a full set of grooming products of a Declaration flanker.

I tried this at the weekend in Debenhams on Dublin's Henry Street. I'm not familiar with any of Cartier's fragrances. Rather shallow I know, but I think the bottles are horribly designed and very offputting. Anyway, as it was brand new I gave it a try. I wasn't really impressed at first and forgot all about it. I then found myself smelling the cuff of my jacket later in the day and wondering what the gorgeous smell was, until I realised it was some of the Dclaration dun Soir that I had sprayed earlier. It's still there a few days later. Very nice it is too! I'm going to reinvestigate this one.

I`ve read this is similar to Paestum Rose (Eau d`Italie). Someone confirm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I tried this at the weekend in Debenhams on Dublin's Henry Street. I'm not familiar with any of Cartier's fragrances. Rather shallow I know, but I think the bottles are horribly designed and very offputting. Anyway, as it was brand new I gave it a try. I wasn't really impressed at first and forgot all about it. I then found myself smelling the cuff of my jacket later in the day and wondering what the gorgeous smell was, until I realised it was some of the Dclaration d’un Soir that I had sprayed earlier. It's still there a few days later. Very nice it is too! I'm going to reinvestigate this one.
    -So have you made up your mind yet? I`ve ordered a bottle blind, and I`m so curious!

- - - Updated - - -

Double post.. Sorry.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 21st October 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Picked up my bottle at the post office today. First impression: This is a very nice fragrance! It doesn`t have much in common with original Declaration. Mathilde Laurent has created a beautiful composition with pepper, rose, spice and sandalwood that is classy and sophisticated. Much better than the predecessor "Cologne". Actually it`s one of the better design-releases I`ve come across in a long time. Longevity and sillage seems excellent! I`m excited to give it a full wearing. Thumbs up!

I had a very strange reaction to this - still have it on my wrist as I write. It's a nice frag - no doubt. Interesting opening - a lot more mellow than the regular Declaration. But as I sit here now - some 5 hours later, all I can get out of the basenote is something that reminds me of my grandmothers rose scented soaps. It's not a bad smell - but for me, just a little too soapy at the end of it's drydown to go back for more.

And I loved my grandmother dearly, but if I wore this I'd start to think she was coming back to haunt me!

Now I'm reading your feedbacks, I feel a little bit... lonely. It's kind of strange what happened to me whent I tried this scent on skin: the first 20-30 minutes were a terrible moist, earthy, mossy mess. Really incredible, my wife was stuck by the realisme of the smell. The scent was totally overtaken by that thing. Am I the only one ?
    It's something I've never experienced. I've a pretty "scent-frienly" skin. I don't even remember what the futher developments of Dclaration d'un Soir have been. Must retry...

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Picked up my bottle at the post office today. First impression: This is a very nice fragrance! It doesn`t have much in common with original Declaration. Mathilde Laurent has created a beautiful composition with pepper, rose, spice and sandalwood that is classy and sophisticated. Much better than the predecessor "Cologne". Actually it`s one of the better design-releases I`ve come across in a long time. Longevity and sillage seems excellent! I`m excited to give it a full wearing. Thumbs up!
    Congrats on picking up a bottle and thanks reporting the results. I've always trusted your nose and feedback on the forum ( even if our tastes can differ).

Sounds like a nice scent and I hope to try this out soon.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Congrats on picking up a bottle and thanks reporting the results. I've always trusted your nose and feedback on the forum ( even if our tastes can differ).

Sounds like a nice scent and I hope to try this out soon.
    Thanks ;-)
    Even dough the original is my favourite, I think D`un Soir is the most sophisticated in the Declaration family. I can definitively see this in pair with a stylish attire. I think women will also adore this fragrance.