Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Most worn in May 2012

I'll stick with my brand new Coeur d'été for tomorrow, too (so much for the "three months, three scents" experiment...) so my stats are ready to roll and they look like this:

13 Dzongkha
    6 DZING!, Safran Troublant
    4 Coeur d’été
    3 Vetiver Dance

Despite my fear of running out of Dzongkha, I just didn't seem to be able to part from it (until Coeur d'été came along) this month. Trusty DZING! and Safran Troublant (which stays firmly in the "like but not love" group) tied for second place.

I caved in and finally purchased discontinued Coeur d'été which has been on my wishlist ever since I first tested it, and this has definitely been a start of a beautiful fragrance friendship.

Last but not least, a sample of Vetiver Dance (thanks, Karen!) was most welcome on a sunny Sunday I climbed Arthur's Seat: it was the first warm summer day here in Edinburgh since the end of March and when I got back home and took a shower I was craving for vetiver and got stuck with it for a couple of days.

What did you wear most this month?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Most worn in May 2012

That's a tough one. I'm almost 100% sure that most used perfume in May was Prada Amber Pour Homme, my favourite one ever I'll be finishing my 1st bottle soon, time to re-stock my Prada supplies

The other one would be Prada Infusion d'Homme.

The rest? Since I got a wonderful gift of perfume samples from a wonderful soul I wear different fragrance daily, learning new scents and deciding which of them I like.

There's no doubt my most used note this month is IRIS

The only scent I've worn more than once in May was Equistrius with two wears.

Single wears: Costume National - 21, Guerlain - Terracotta Voile d'Ete, Huitieme Art - Naiviris, L'Artisan - Drole de Rose, L'Artisan - La Chasse aux Papillons, L'Artisan - Nuit de Tubereuse, L'Artisan - The pour un Ete, Ormonde Jayne - Champaca, Ormonde Jayne - Ormonde Woman, Ormonde Jayne - Ta'if, Amaranthine, Serge Lutens - Fleurs de Citronnier, The Different Company - Jasmin de Nuit, Van Cleef & Arpels - Lys Carmin

In no order, I've use multiple wears of:

GIT, Memoir Man, SMW, MI, Hinoki, Star USA, Play, Kyoto, Royal Oud.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

3x:
    Razala

2x:
    Feminite du bois
    Musc Ravageur
    Chergui
    Sa majeste la rose
    Trouble
    Tam Dao
    Bois des iles.

1x: #88,Fracas,Contradiction,Moksha, Hypnotic poison, Borneo 1834, Mystere, Love's true bluish light,Coco,NR For her, Shalimar, L'heure bleue,Sous le vent.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Statistics were not recorded reliably for May as the computer was in the shop, and I traveled to Portland. However, Comme des Garcon's incense Jaisalmer was the leading contender.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.
    Currently wearing: Mira Baï by Chopard

Violet Blonde was my most worn for May.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I had no repeats by fragrance name in May, but had repeats by the house name: Caron x4 Hermes x3 Jo Malone x2 Guerlain x2 Estee Lauder x2 Armani x2

Blog Entries

6 x Narcisse Noir

3 x Honey Coconut, Crabtree & Evelyn Gardenia, Diorissimo & Jasmin Noir

2 x L'Instant, Samsara, Addict, Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle, Champaca Absolute, Gardenia Petale & Aloha Tiare

1 x Tabac Blond, Shalimar, Un Matin d'Orage, Obsession Night, Flower Market, Magie Noire, Luxe:Champaca, Carnal Flower, Organza, Escentric 01, Molecule 03, Blood Concept B, Allure, Carolina Herrera, Le Maroc, Gigi, Bronze Goddess, Aqua Universalis Forte, U4eahh!, Eau d'lkar, Sheer Stella, Perfect Coconut Milk, lntense Tiare, Black Orchid, Stella, Brasil Dream, Tiare Flower, Hawaiian White Ginger & Monyette Paris.

Total number of scents worn; a staggering 41. House of the month; Caron, closely followed by Guerlain & Dior.

The seasons this month flipped from Spring back to autumn, & then straight into summer here, hence my choices being all over the place, with lots of one-time wearings, & also a few samplings. Lovely to finally get into wearing my beloved tropical florals again, though!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Well, I didn't record it every time, but I wore Liz Sport at least 10 times for my morning run - it's perfect in the heat and it still smells fresh and beautiful once you're all sweaty ....sorry, that's sort of gross. But it's true.

Other than that -

4 x Dune and Eau de Charlotte
    3 x Songes, Belle de Soleil, Cristalle Eau Verte, Bottega Veneta, Lumière Noir PF and Rose Oud
    2 x L'Instant, Elie Saab Le Parfum, Quartz, Noir de Noir, Bluebell, Iris Noir, Lipstick Rose, Petite Chérie and La Perla

The rest were singles, and there are always lots of those ....I think I had 16 this time.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

heart of ice

I had three repeats this month: Angel, Sweet Redemption, and Traversee du Bosphore.

I tested four new-to-me scents this month: Bond Central Park West and Andy Warhol, Caron Accord 119 and FM Carnal Flower. I fell so hard for Andy Warhol, I bought it on the spot! Expect to see it repeated a few times soon ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu