Code of Conduct

Default Anyone with Lacoste Booster experience?

Received this yesterday. L-O-V-E the opening, yet within minutes - it's gone, followed by the most faint of woody, soapy notes. For those that have experience with Booster - is the opening that ephemeral? Is the juice (post opening) that weak? Did I get a bad bottle? Is Booster simply a juice that causes olfactory habituation?

Default Re: Anyone with Lacoste Booster experience?

PS Would PASHA FRA╬CHEUR MENTHE (2000) BY CARTIER be a good alternative?

Booster which I have is indeed pretty weak, at least on my skin. I remember needing to re-apply it later in the day.

For me it's actually quite strong. I can only do one spray from about arms length or it's pretty overpowering...maybe it's just my skin, since I got it I have considered it a stronger frag...lasts all day on me. I was thinking this was the same for everyone, now I know better.

Pasha Fraicheur Menthe is nothing like Booster so if your wanting something in the same vein as Booster then you're not going to get it with the Pasha. I don't get a lot of mint with the Pasha, if that's what your looking for. I'm a mint head so if your looking for suggestions on some great minty frags...mint being the star player...just let me know, cause I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    For me it's actually quite strong. I can only do one spray from about arms length or it's pretty overpowering...maybe it's just my skin, since I got it I have considered it a stronger frag...lasts all day on me. I was thinking this was the same for everyone, now I know better.

Pasha Fraicheur Menthe is nothing like Booster so if your wanting something in the same vein as Booster then you're not going to get it with the Pasha. I don't get a lot of mint with the Pasha, if that's what your looking for. I'm a mint head so if your looking for suggestions on some great minty frags...mint being the star player...just let me know, cause I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Fire away. Specifically Peppermint vs. Spearmint.

Alrighty then....

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca-I interpret it as more of a spearmint. This one is awesome!! It's fresh mint leaves mixed with grass...as if you took some crushed mint leaves and fresh cut grass and rubbed it on you. It's really fresh and awesome. Both my wife and I love it. It's relatively cheap-4.2oz bottle for about $80 bucks through a Guerlain boutique. You can get it at Sephora also, just a smaller bottle. Longevity isn't the greatest but I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day. On my skin I get about 4 hours, on clothes about 6 hours. I can't say enough good about this frag!

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia-Even though this is also from the Aqua Allegoria line, it is nothing like Herba Fresca. This is more of a peppermint in my view. The mint note is very prominent throughout the life of the fragrance, but it is more of a tea scent in my opinion...that being said, the mint note is great. Also very refreshing. It has great longevity on me-I get about 10-12 hours with this one. Both Herba Fresca and Mentafollia become more of a skin scent toward the end, Mentafollia projects more than Herba Fresca and it has better sillage. Mentafollia is discontinued, but it's still pretty easy to get on ebay. I got my 4.2oz bottle for about $45 bucks. Not bad at all!!

CDG Peppermint Sherbet-This one is a little weird but in a good way. Obviously it is peppermint mint. Of course the mint note is the dominant one here, but a few minutes into it you get a woody/pencil shaving/pepper vibe. I kinda dig it. It's different. Also there is a prominent bay rose note to it-prominent in that you can always detect it, but it's always in the background. Longevity on me is pretty good, about 8 hrs, on clothes even better. But this quickly becomes a skin scent...I like skin scents, I don't like my fragrances to scream at everyone as they pass by me. It's pretty inexpensive also, $42 bucks on Luckyscent for 1 oz. It's discontinued so Luckyscent is about the only place you can get it...it shows up on ebay now and then. It's a unisex scent but my wife thinks the pencil shaving/pepper vibe makes it too masculine for her to wear.

Lush Dirty Gorilla Perfume-I love this stuff. I didn't think I did the first 3 times I tried it in the store, but there are so many smells in Lush stores that it's hard to tell anything in there. It's $29 bucks for 1 oz and worth a lot more. It has a strong mint note-more toothpaste but I like mint in any form-and it also has a sort of clay smell to it, it's got a dirty mint vibe. It's a different take on mint. I would say that Dirty is the closest one to Lacoste Booster, although I think Dirty is far superior. It is very invigorating and fresh. It's a very underrated frag in my opinion.

Federic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur-This one has a mouthwash vibe to it which is very different from other frags. I personally love this fragrance also, although it doesn't get a whole lot of love on BN, but there isn't a lot of love for mint on BN either. Geranium Pour Monsieur is more about Geranium than mint, thus the name, but the mint has a strong presence in this fragrance. It's a very unique frag and very fresh and clean. The sad thing for me is that I'm allergic to it, it gives me quite the rash, which it doesn't seem to do that to anyone else so you'd be fine I'm sure. Great frag, expensive, but great-$150 for a 1.7 oz bottle. Kinda the norm for niche though huh?

Heeley Menthe Fraiche-I was soooo excited to try this one because people said that it is a mint lovers dream, but I was extremely disappointed. Menthe Fraiche is all about Yerba Mate. I lived in Argentina for 2 years and all they drink down there all day long is Yerba Mate, and that is the prominent note in this fragrance. There is some awesome mint in it for the first 15 minutes, then it fades to Yerba Mate, which is a nice scent, just not mint like I wanted, and then 45 minutes later it fades to nothing. $150 bucks for a frag that lasts 1 hour at best is unacceptable to me. I so wanted this to be THE mint fragrance, but it so is not!!

Some that people claim to be minty but in my opinion are not minty past the first couple of minutes are:

Pasha Fraischeur Menthe-which you mentioned. It's an ok fragrance, just not about the mint at all.

Cartier Roadster-All about wood, very little about mint...I have wanted to like this fragrance, but, I actually kinda hate it.

Live Jazz-I DO NOT get why people consider this a mint frag at all!!! The mint goes away in like 2 seconds and you are left with Coriander, Coriander, Cilantro, Coriander, and then more Coriander mixed with Cilantro!!! I'm beginning to think that people think that mint smells like Coriander or something because that is all you get with this scent. Mint, um...no!

And then there are some that are discontinued and that I would love to try out, but I don't think I will ever get the chance and that is Jo Malone Tea Collection Fresh Mint Leaf (Super expensive when you see it on ebay), and CDG Series 1 Leaves: Mint (absolutely no where to be found).

One day I will try DSH Menthe Moderne and Mint Moroccan Tea, I've heard good things about those. And people say that Jacques Fath Green Water is super minty, but I doubt it...I want to try it, but I have discovered that a lot of those mint frags that are mentioned on BN are really not mint frags, they are a frag that has a little bit of mint in it. I think that Green Water will be all about the citrus and a little about the mint...which I think will be great, just not a mint frag. Then again, people on BN have very little tolerance with mint and they consider almost every mint frag to smell like toothpaste, which I definitely don't agree with except for in the case of Dirty, and maybe with Booster-although Booster to me is more woody. I have my $10 buck Booster bottle that I think is great, and well worth the whopping $10, but you know all about Booster.

I hope this helped. I think I'm on a mission to try every mint fragrance there is, well I guess I should say that I'm on a mission to try every fragrance that has mint mentioned in the notes, whether I will be able to detect that mint is another story.

Thanks so much. It is appreciated!

Your not missing anything with Lacoste Booster Neal. It's not a projection monster, but most mint scents aren't anyway and I like the soapy drydown which in my opinion makes it a perfect casual summer fragrance. Let's also not forget that it's around $30 for a 4.2 oz bottle.

I've had the after shave and I loved it. Will buy the EdT soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Alrighty then....

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca-I interpret it as more of a spearmint. This one is awesome!! It's fresh mint leaves mixed with grass...as if you took some crushed mint leaves and fresh cut grass and rubbed it on you. It's really fresh and awesome. Both my wife and I love it. It's relatively cheap-4.2oz bottle for about $80 bucks through a Guerlain boutique. You can get it at Sephora also, just a smaller bottle. Longevity isn't the greatest but I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day. On my skin I get about 4 hours, on clothes about 6 hours. I can't say enough good about this frag!

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia-Even though this is also from the Aqua Allegoria line, it is nothing like Herba Fresca. This is more of a peppermint in my view. The mint note is very prominent throughout the life of the fragrance, but it is more of a tea scent in my opinion...that being said, the mint note is great. Also very refreshing. It has great longevity on me-I get about 10-12 hours with this one. Both Herba Fresca and Mentafollia become more of a skin scent toward the end, Mentafollia projects more than Herba Fresca and it has better sillage. Mentafollia is discontinued, but it's still pretty easy to get on ebay. I got my 4.2oz bottle for about $45 bucks. Not bad at all!!

CDG Peppermint Sherbet-This one is a little weird but in a good way. Obviously it is peppermint mint. Of course the mint note is the dominant one here, but a few minutes into it you get a woody/pencil shaving/pepper vibe. I kinda dig it. It's different. Also there is a prominent bay rose note to it-prominent in that you can always detect it, but it's always in the background. Longevity on me is pretty good, about 8 hrs, on clothes even better. But this quickly becomes a skin scent...I like skin scents, I don't like my fragrances to scream at everyone as they pass by me. It's pretty inexpensive also, $42 bucks on Luckyscent for 1 oz. It's discontinued so Luckyscent is about the only place you can get it...it shows up on ebay now and then. It's a unisex scent but my wife thinks the pencil shaving/pepper vibe makes it too masculine for her to wear.

Lush Dirty Gorilla Perfume-I love this stuff. I didn't think I did the first 3 times I tried it in the store, but there are so many smells in Lush stores that it's hard to tell anything in there. It's $29 bucks for 1 oz and worth a lot more. It has a strong mint note-more toothpaste but I like mint in any form-and it also has a sort of clay smell to it, it's got a dirty mint vibe. It's a different take on mint. I would say that Dirty is the closest one to Lacoste Booster, although I think Dirty is far superior. It is very invigorating and fresh. It's a very underrated frag in my opinion.

Federic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur-This one has a mouthwash vibe to it which is very different from other frags. I personally love this fragrance also, although it doesn't get a whole lot of love on BN, but there isn't a lot of love for mint on BN either. Geranium Pour Monsieur is more about Geranium than mint, thus the name, but the mint has a strong presence in this fragrance. It's a very unique frag and very fresh and clean. The sad thing for me is that I'm allergic to it, it gives me quite the rash, which it doesn't seem to do that to anyone else so you'd be fine I'm sure. Great frag, expensive, but great-$150 for a 1.7 oz bottle. Kinda the norm for niche though huh?

Heeley Menthe Fraiche-I was soooo excited to try this one because people said that it is a mint lovers dream, but I was extremely disappointed. Menthe Fraiche is all about Yerba Mate. I lived in Argentina for 2 years and all they drink down there all day long is Yerba Mate, and that is the prominent note in this fragrance. There is some awesome mint in it for the first 15 minutes, then it fades to Yerba Mate, which is a nice scent, just not mint like I wanted, and then 45 minutes later it fades to nothing. $150 bucks for a frag that lasts 1 hour at best is unacceptable to me. I so wanted this to be THE mint fragrance, but it so is not!!

Some that people claim to be minty but in my opinion are not minty past the first couple of minutes are:

Pasha Fraischeur Menthe-which you mentioned. It's an ok fragrance, just not about the mint at all.

Cartier Roadster-All about wood, very little about mint...I have wanted to like this fragrance, but, I actually kinda hate it.

Live Jazz-I DO NOT get why people consider this a mint frag at all!!! The mint goes away in like 2 seconds and you are left with Coriander, Coriander, Cilantro, Coriander, and then more Coriander mixed with Cilantro!!! I'm beginning to think that people think that mint smells like Coriander or something because that is all you get with this scent. Mint, um...no!

And then there are some that are discontinued and that I would love to try out, but I don't think I will ever get the chance and that is Jo Malone Tea Collection Fresh Mint Leaf (Super expensive when you see it on ebay), and CDG Series 1 Leaves: Mint (absolutely no where to be found).

One day I will try DSH Menthe Moderne and Mint Moroccan Tea, I've heard good things about those. And people say that Jacques Fath Green Water is super minty, but I doubt it...I want to try it, but I have discovered that a lot of those mint frags that are mentioned on BN are really not mint frags, they are a frag that has a little bit of mint in it. I think that Green Water will be all about the citrus and a little about the mint...which I think will be great, just not a mint frag. Then again, people on BN have very little tolerance with mint and they consider almost every mint frag to smell like toothpaste, which I definitely don't agree with except for in the case of Dirty, and maybe with Booster-although Booster to me is more woody. I have my $10 buck Booster bottle that I think is great, and well worth the whopping $10, but you know all about Booster.

I hope this helped. I think I'm on a mission to try every mint fragrance there is, well I guess I should say that I'm on a mission to try every fragrance that has mint mentioned in the notes, whether I will be able to detect that mint is another story.

After experimenting with all of the above, I ended up with two bottles (got a back-up) of CDG Peppermint Sherbet and one bottle of Lush Dirty Gorilla Perfume. I was looking for uplifting and invigorating refreshness for summer and these did the trick. I prefer the CDG Peppermint Sherbet.