Code of Conduct

Default SoTD: Thursday, May 31, 2012

Givenchy Vetyver

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SoTD: Thursday, May 31, 2012

Good morning !. Diptyque Eau Lente today .

in synch with alfarom today, cdg series 4 vettiveru

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! SOTD is Hermes Eau des Merveilles, best to all xo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Morning Mr A, Jon, Danny, tdem!

First of all a special mention for lucasia's review of Iris Silver Mist on yesterdays thread. Wow! I find it really difficult to describe and I could never break it down like that. I loved the review and I learned a lot.

Today, my old "go to" SMN Acqua di Sicilia this a.m. because I had a blood test and a dental check up. Now...........well well, what have we here? I will surprise you with this one. Caron Naimez Que Moi! Aw, what a beautiful, romantic thing. I love it!! So thank you L, and I blow you all a romantic kiss.

PS Who was wearing Naimez Que Moi very recently, I remember someone was?

Good Morning,

Sampling Xerjoff's 17/17 Homme today, courtesy of a certain Scottish lass
    Best to all!
    Last edited by gandhajala; 31st May 2012 at 06:43 PM.

So Weil by Weil

Thumbs up Re: SoTD: Thursday, May 31, 2012

vintage
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone Kind of nervous today....Today we get the result of the Bachelor assignment. I have to pass to be allowed to take the oral exam the 7th... In theory I'll know about half an hour from now. Meantime I'll try to read some more. Sotd is Sous le vent.

Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Bonjour!........

Hello all. Donna Karan Essence Labdanum.
    DONNA

Afternoon oh Fragrant ones.

Got my fingers crossed for you Ine

SOTM was Madge's Truth or Dare which hasn't lasted at all today.

SotA is Chanel's Beige which I previously described as like knowing you're wear silk knickers under scruffy old jeans

Chanel No. 5 hairmist

Hello everyone!

I wore Yves Rocher's fresh and green Naturelle for my run this morning, and now, post-shower, I'm surrounded by the gorgeousness of vintage-'85 Gucci No3 ...so chic and elegant, and possibly my favorite floral-chypre in the whole world!

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning! No.5 EDT today. Would love some of Coconut's hair mist to go with it! Did manage to snag some of the LE Sheer Moisture Mist last week, very happy with that.

A belated warm welcome to Redderz!

Foustie, didn't our young gent do a great job with ISM? Lucasai certainly understands notes. Can you believe he picked Iris 39 apart just as well? I wore it for some time before I could really nail that one down!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning everyone Kind of nervous today....Today we get the result of the Bachelor assignment. I have to pass to be allowed to take the oral exam the 7th... In theory I'll know about half an hour from now.

Ooooooooooh, a romantic kiss from our Scottish lass! *blush* Thanks and one back at you! N'Aimez que moi is a fave of hedonist. And our Wolfie is rather fond of it, too, I think.
    Not that I needed any further encouragement, G., but I am in Jicky again. Will change tonight
    Best to all

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    And again Ine!! Wishing you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Ooooooooooh, a romantic kiss from our Scottish lass! *blush* Thanks and one back at you! N'Aimez que moi is a fave of hedonist. And our Wolfie is rather fond of it, too, I think.
    It is me who's blushing at being called a lass! But don't stop! Actually I think that my little sample of NQM may have done the grand tour of Europe and the UAE! Ha Ha.

Good morning. Been away for a few days. Today I am in a fragrance that I have been working on for a few months. I decided to start making some of the perfumes from briefs that basenoters contributed to the dead basenotes fragrance project. The first one I picked was 30roses .

"Winter Frost"
    Notes are:
    Top: bergamot, clary sage, lemon
    Mid: green tea, jasmine, rose, galbanum
    Base: orris butter, frankincense, labdanum

3OR will be receiving samples soon for eval. Mrs. 30r pls message me your daughters name so I can mail her for her opinion, would like her involvement during the process.

The fragrance is decidedly "cool" moves from a sharp cold green to a soft violet grey.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Amouage ~ Beloved (sample).

Basenotes Institution

Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens (from a sample)

Woke up and it's cool and rainy so this seemed appropriate. I need a bottle of this stuff again.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Oh, my wooznib-- she will so so excited! I will PM you with her name.
    She is getting at least one award tonight at the annual academic awards night at her high school; we got the formal invitation to attend. She's a hard worker and I'm very proud of her.

Evangeline, we are in synch! I just happened to test a sample of Gucci III extrait today received from a BNer. It is old-fashioned, but superb.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Dear Universe:
    Do I R-E-A-L-L-Y need to accomplish anything today?

Starting out with Black Vetyver Cafe, but likely to segue into Jaisalmer.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Actually I think that my little sample of NQM may have done the grand tour of Europe and the UAE! Ha Ha.
    No, in fact, dear lass, this went England - Austria - Scotland. They did not dare send it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Evangeline, we are in synch! I just happened to test a sample of Gucci III extrait today received from a BNer. It is old-fashioned, but superb.
    we have a thursday sync?????

anyways, i'm wearing creed royal water

Basenotes Plus

There seems to be an underlying iris theme around here this week - I'm happy to indulge further this evening with VC&A Bois d'Iris.

30R / L - Please forward hearty congrats to your daughter. You are justifiably proud.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 31st May 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Oh, my wooznib-- she will so so excited! I will PM you with her name.
    She is getting at least one award tonight at the annual academic awards night at her high school; we got the formal invitation to attend. She's a hard worker and I'm very proud of her.

30 Roses - that is really great about your little one Proud Mom you should be !
    Please give her my many congratulations and a big hug .

This morning I'm wearing a perfume I don't often take out . The new version Chloe by Chloe . I'll never forget Octavian Coifan calling this a detergent rose ! LOL!
    It has mega longevity as well but I have fond memories with it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good late afternoon everyone.

Ah, what a day! Another exam-test this morning. This one was particularly difficult and tough. I'm afraid that there's a chance I'll have to re-take it. Photochemistry is soo difficult. On the other hand I just found out I passed my last week's intellectual property protection test.

Right after the test I jumped into my white lab coat to carry on some experiment stuff for my university first degree project. I spent more than 6 hours in lab today which made me very exhausted but... Everything went so well that my research is absolutely finished now. The only thing I have to do is to work with the data I gathered, analyse them and take conclusions.

SotD was Jean-Charles Brosseau Bois d'Orient - this one was dull and uninteresting from the very beginning. It's less woody than the name would suggest. Sillage was almost non-existent and longevity wasn't outstanding.

SotE will be Pour Un Homme de Caron - I bought it last year and enjoyed it for a few months, but I lost my love for it without any particular reason. That happens, right?

Blog Entries

SOTD: Aqua Universalis by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

SOTD: Costume National Sheer (sample). I keep trying to like this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    SotA is Chanel's Beige which I previously described as like knowing you're wear silk knickers under scruffy old jeans
    I'll take your word for it, Alityke

SotE is Jicky extrait. Wonderful, of course, but a bit of a step-down from the PdT I tried a few days ago.

Best to all !

Hi, everyone. Tired and hot and sleepy here--the AC in my classroom is busted and it's hot as Hades. I'm glad I chose Kenzo Flower Extrait--it's holding up beautifully.

Hop everyone's having a good day!

Centaure, MPG tonight. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I'll take your word for it, Alityke ll !
    Must be girl thing LOL!

Sending good luck wishes to the exam takers, Lucasai and Ineespenes! And congratulations for those tests now passed and hopefully the anxiety soon forgotten. Congrats to Little Miss 30 Roses!

I'm wearing Laboratorio Olfativvo (sp?) Esvedra from a decant that Foustie sent. i really love it. Thank you, dear Foustie! I am about to have an after lunch lie down. This is what I like about vacation: time for a little nap, quiet time, time to read and muse. For me, there is absolutely nothing better than that.

Hey again y'all -

Nothing seems to last very long in this heat, but again, I'm not complaining - this just gives me another chance to enjoy yet another perfume! I'm sticking with Gucci for the afternoon, but now it's the completely different floral opulence of Rush.

30Roses – Now normally I would be just thrilled to be scent-sistas with you, but “old-fashioned”…??? Lol, and ouch! I greatly prefer the phrase “classic chypre,” but I guess that’s what Gucci No3 gets for being discontinued before having to suffer the indignity of a botched oakmoss-ectomy. I suppose anything with that sort of structure and complexity would be deemed old-fashioned by someone in their 20s (honestly, that’s really only a step away from “old lady”) but I’m actually quite shocked at that assessment coming from you …and you were so spot-on with the “superb” bit!

More congrats and hugs to the rosebud – she clearly comes from good stock!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

"Old-fashioned" is not pejorative, not to me.

Post-shower I've got a bit of a sample of Jaisalmer on. It's the second time I ordered samples of it. I like it lots, but suspect I would not wear it much. I'm getting more careful about buying fragrances that I am unlikely to wear with any regularity.

^ Oh, I hope you know I'm really just teasing you, but it would have sounded so much more complimentary with an "and" rather than a "but" - "old-fashioned and superb" has a completely different ring to it!

Good afternoon, all. Today I am wearing Geisha Green by Aroma M.

Jon and Wooznib --Again with the gorgeous photos! Thanks.

Today I started with Caron Pour un Homme, which I love, and that was real, real early this morning. After my walk and shower (you notice I didn't say "after PhH wore off"--it lasts quite awhile), I pulled out the bottle of Climat from the back of the stash. This is one I bought blind a couple of years ago and didn't go for. Now I'm trying it again, in an effort to be more analytical. So far, I have enjoyed it today. But I'm still not giving it 5 stars.

Blog Entries

Today was the first bearable day I have had at work all week. But even through the worst of it I smelled fantastic in Guerlain Muguet and Nuit de Tubereuse. If I owned a hookah I would smoke it...

Basenotes Institution

Lucasai and Ines - good luck with the exams.
    This afternoon - Coco Madamoiselle .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I sampled 100% Love by Sophia Grojsman today.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Hey you two, Lucasai and Ines.....sending fortifying hugs!

No scent until about two hours ago when I sprayed my right foot with Cabotine by Gres. Man, that stuff is strong! I am walking around in a green cloud of fumes.

Here's a pretty photo Sofie took at the botanical garden.

P4215983.jpg
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I am in 24, Faubourg by Hermes

SotE = Chanel No. 5 edp. I find this fragrance rather boring. No. 5 and I have our ups and downs. The edt and I were not getting along at all, butthen I thought the big floralcy of the edp would suit me for a change, but no. It, too, has this metallic tang in it that does not agree with me at all, does not develop into any depth. It is all top and no bottom, and the middle is a disappointment. It does not suit my current *chemistry*. As Evangeline says, the good thing about this weather is that nothing lasts very long so I get to change my fragrance fairly often. Nighty-night, all!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Au Revoir tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hi, all. SL Datura Noir this evening.

I'm late posting tonight ... another 14+ hour day at work. I'm too old for this crap ... Anyway, I wore Fresh Strawberry Flowers today. It didn't keep up with me ... it was gone several hours ago. It's sure pretty while it lasts though.

Notes: Mandarin, Yuzu, White peach, Mountain Strawberries, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Orris, Musk, White woods.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Today I wore Eau de Shalimar and loved every minute of it!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.