Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Anyone here use just one spray?

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I usually go with one spray...I like my fragrances to be more on the skin scent side of things. I don't want them to shout at people when I enter the room. There are about 4 of mine that I use more than 1 spray, the rest, one spray is all I need.
    +1...
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

1 spray:

Creed Aventus
    Creed silver Mountain water
    Creed millesime imperial
    Dior homme insense
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême

Sent from my Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Mostly 80's scents but some other newbies:
    Vintage Kouros
    Fahrenheit
    Pardon
    Black Afgano
    Eloge du Traitre
    Heritage
    Ysl pour homme concentree

So far, never encountered a fragrance that strong as to make only one spray necessary.

I never use only one spray for daily wearings.
    The only time i do it is when testing from samples, i spray the top of my hand.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Mostly not because I have two wrists and two sides of my neck to attend to. However some of the 70's perfumes spray out more like a shower than a spray. I only use the one tiny spray for the one hand smelling testing purposes.

I wear fragrances for myself, so I just do one 1 spray too. I don't necessarily want others to smell me.

Basenotes Member

I do three - two wrists and one neck. However if I'm feeling cautious I'll just do my wrists. I'll repeat spray at least once, but more often twice during the day. I have a large collection and it might be months before I wear that scent again, so I give it a thorough wearing.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Only for potent fragrances where less is really more. One spray to the chest and I'm set.

Examples from my wardrobe:-
    MFK Absolue Pour Le Soir
    Montale Musk to Musk
    Montale Black Aoud
    Le Labo Iris 39
    Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Serge Lutens Five O Clock Au Gingembre
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Histoires de Parfums 1741
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 28th April 2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo

Sometimes, either when I don't want others to smell me much or with stronger scents and scents with sprayers that deliver a large dose.
    Just say no to oniomania.

For me this issue about one spray is a bit odd/complicate. I have scents I like and don't wear them because they are really very feminine. But I do like the smell. So I either spray some ... not just one spray on the bed linen, or onto some piece of paper and leave it in the room. La Nuit and Egoiste can last for almost a week. However if I want to wear a scent I choose matching time/event/formaility and go for it, 3, 4, or even 6 sprays, I think that is my maximum dose. If I don't want other to smell me I don't need a scent, in that case. I am addicted to perfume, so I may wear something really safe, Infusion d'Homme, Eau de Cartier or Musc Nomade. No complaints so far.
    Last edited by prosperonline; 28th April 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Basenotes Plus

sometimes - Puredistance M only needs one good spray for me. Amouage Tribute Attar only needs one good drop!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Close to never here, I am 2+ sprayer.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Basenotes Member

Interlude Man and TV are the only 1 spray scents I have. Others require 3 or more.

Rive gauche. It radiates from my skin. Also amouage gold man, vintage drakaar noir, vintage farhenheit, and a bottle of Tuscany not sure what year the Tuscany is from but was my fathers

Basenotes Plus

I'd say I do 1 spray with about 20% of the fragrances I own, 2 to 3 with about 50%, and 3+ with the rest.

Basenotes Plus

I wouldn't say never, but... there are two fragrances that I'd be very careful not to overspray - they are very potent and one spray may be PLENTY good (unless your nose is really desensitized, or you are a corpse). Amouage Interlude Man and Montale Full Incense. I've seen reviews from people claiming Full Incense has been reformulated and "watered down" recently, but the bottle I have is so strong I can't wear more than 1 spray, it gives me the same overpowering feel as Interlude Man does. Two+ sprays would be just way too much, for me anyway.

The funny thing is, Full Incense is a "copy" of CdG Avignon, yet I can wear Avignon with many more sprays without it becoming overpowering. The Montale though - wow, careful with the sprayer.

Never

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yup. I do it routinely. With strong sillagers almost alway. Usually in two half sprays to different areas. I like smelling a fragrance I have sprayed on but I don't like being a loud and often obnoxious and unavoidably gaudy billboard for a fragrance, whether I like the fragrance a lot or not.
    Last edited by kbe; 13th May 2014 at 01:19 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I do... usually 1 spray to the left wrist and then dab the right to the left lightly.

I work in a office environment and my officemate doesn't use any so one spray goes a long way for me.

Never done it so far.

For work, I always use only one spray. I work with the public, so you know how that is. At home, I sometimes spray two. Never more.

Yup. I spray once if the scent is very powerfull, like Lonestar Memories. I also spray only once if I'm in a situation that I simply want to project very little or practically not at all. Such occasions might be going to beach, certain social/work situations, gym, some form of physical labour, etc.

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Ha! No. My minimum with most fragrances is 6 sprays. If it's very strong maybe 4. I let loose with some and can up to 14 or 15. I often reapply too so it ends up being more. My skin destroys perfume so there would be zero point in using only one spray.

I used to to one spray nowadays I spray on a card and smell it throughout the day. It has better longevity this way too.

I am just use only one cool body spry. I feel cool to use it.