Code of Conduct

Default Arooq Al Oud by Al Rehab

Is anybody familiar with this stuff, Arooq Al Oud by Al Rehab?

If so, please, enlighten me.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Default Re: Arooq Al Oud by Al Rehab

bump

Don't know a thing about this frag, but the Arabesque design on the bottle reminds me of the Klingon logo.

Which leads me to wonder: Would Lt. Worf find Oud to be a true "warrior's scent"?

The AlRehab Dehn Al Oud perfume oil is very "horse stall-ish". Maybe this one will be similar?

Ok so I blind bought this one about 3 months ago. Here in Sydney we rarely get the opportunity to test a wide range of niche type fragrances, so blind buying had become somewhat of a normal pastime. Before purchase I had done some research and the consensus seemed to be that this was a true oud fragrance; but done more in the style of Western sensibilities. With that in mind I took the plunge.......

On first sniff, I was immediately reminded of blue cheese! This was a very powerful association and for the longest time I couldn't get that image out of my head. In retrospect, I guess considering that oud is sourced from a tree fungus and blue cheese also is made with fungus, it's not too much of a stretch that there would be some similarity.

After about the first 80 minutes, a certain sweetness started to creep in to this and I could then detect a sort of resemblance to M7. Don't misunderstand me, as this fragrance has nothing really to do with M7; it's just that I have so little reference in my mind to actually compare it with, that M7 is the only thing that comes to mind. The blue cheese fungus type smell never really goes away, but the semi-sweetness that kicks in after a while helps to make this more appealing. I must admit that this does dry down beautifully, but it takes a bumpy road to get there.

In summary, this really is a challenging fragrance that I'm not really sure I'm ready for. I have a practically full 60ml bottle (beautiful as it is!) sitting in my wardrobe that I don't really know what to do with? I'm willing to give this a few more test runs to see if I can develope a real love for oud. After a few more goes at it, I'll come back here and report.
    Last edited by Lovescully; 1st June 2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: typo

Don't know it myself. You can find a couple of reviews here:

http://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Al_Rehab/Arooq_Al_Oud

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Ok so I blind bought this one about 3 months ago. Here in Sydney we rarely get the opportunity to test a wide range of niche type fragrances, so blind buying had become somewhat of a normal pastime. Before purchase I had done some research and the consensus seemed to be that this was a true oud fragrance; but done more in the style of Western sensibilities. With that in mind I took the plunge.......

On first sniff, I was immediately reminded of blue cheese! This was a very powerful association and for the longest time I couldn't get that image out of my head. In retrospect, I guess considering that oud is sourced from a tree fungus and blue cheese also is made with fungus, it's not too much of a stretch that there would be some similarity.

After about the first 80 minutes, a certain sweetness started to creep in to this and I could then detect a sort of resemblance to M7. Don't misunderstand me, as this fragrance has nothing really to do with M7; it's just that I have so little reference in my mind to actually compare it with, that M7 is the only thing that comes to mind. The blue cheese fungus type smell never really goes away, but the semi-sweetness that kicks in after a while helps to make this more appealing. I must admit that this does dry down beautifully, but it takes a bumpy road to get there.

In summary, this really is a challenging fragrance that I'm not really sure I'm ready for. I have a practically full 60ml bottle (beautiful as it is!) sitting in my wardrobe that I don't really know what to do with? I'm willing to give this a few more test runs to see if I can develope a real love for oud. After a few more goes at it, I'll come back here and report.
    Sorry I forgot to add that the longevity on Arooq Al Oud is outstanding! I mean I have never really come across a fragrance as long lasting as this. On a card that I sprayed and placed in my wardrobe, you could easily still detect its scent after nearly a week; and that was just when opening the wardrobe! On my skin, even after a shower the next day I could still detect its sweet funky smell nearly 48 hours later (if I sniffed my skin closely).

I was considering blind buying this, but the blue cheese thing is very off putting. Thanks to those that responded, it was helpful.

Blog Entries

great thread thanks 4 the input..........it helped me
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post

Is anybody familiar with this stuff, Arooq Al Oud by Al Rehab?

If so, please, enlighten me.
    Not only am I familiar with the scent, Shiny Beast, I'm familiar with the photo. I took it.
    - Expect the unexpected