Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday, 1 June 2012

Good morning,

Heavy rain this early morning (the first proper one this year), but sunny again now. The forecast is really good for the weekend.
    It's Friday and, G. and Jon, I will be having a Bourgogne Rouge, which I bought from a small shop (cellar in fact) near my work place in Vienna (which I happened to come accross yesterday). So, needless to say, I am very much looking forward to that.
    It's Vega - Guerlain for me today.

Have a great day all!

Default Re: SotD Friday, 1 June 2012

Bonjour!

Good morning everyone (some hugs and cheek kisses will happen now )
    The weather here totally turned around today. Yesterday it was really warm and today is quite cold, it's also raining heavily at the moment and from time to time I hear some thunderclap.

This synchrinized Friday is burried/forgotten treasure. I'll be wearing Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron, which was my yesterday's sote, and it's not exactly my forgotten treasure, but that's a different story. I'll explain it in our synchro thread

Hi All,

SotD is Guerlain's Parure extrait (thanks, L!). Lovely.

Have a good one, gang !

Morning ladies, I'm not taking part in the sync I'm afraid. I'm wearing YSL L'Homme, have a glorious day!

Hello all. A sample of T Takashimaya by Takashimaya the parfum.
    DONNA

Hello all. For the synch I'm in Extravagance D'Amarige - in the words of a reviewer, 'not extravagant and not Amarige'. Amen to that!

Looking forward to our extra long weekend here in the UK (will put my republican sympathies on hold for a couple of days to toast her maj!).
    See you later. x

Good morning everyone! Nice news today!

Well, first of all, my red of the weekend will be Italian. Why? Because Mr F and I are off to Italy in the morning! I have hardly had the chance to tell you because I have been so busy with the house sale/move and all that goes with that, and other things that I wouldn't bore you with. I am really ready for a wee break. We leave on an early flight tomorrow and we will be in Italy for our lunch!

Oh, my dear, dear friends, this trip is special for us but more of that another time. SO, to Lucca for most of the week, where I will stock up with Santa Maria Novella bath and body and home fragrance products at my favourite tiny little perfume shop, "L'Angolo", so if anyone wants anything in particular, let me know today. Seriously, it is no problem whatsoever. There will be a new fragrance, of course, and Mr F will stock up for the kitchen as he always does in Italy. We will also have a couple of days at the seaside for some r&r and one in a city.

Needless to say, I will report back!

Etat Libre D'Orange Eloge Du Traitre today for the forgotten treasure synch. I really had forgotten how good this is. Some Iris later, I just know!

It'll be Knowing by Estee Lauder today.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday, 1 June 2012

UOMO

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Bon Voyage, Fousties ! Have a wonderful time.

I am repeating Faubourg today.

Have a great time, Foustie! This sounds very exciting! Am I envious? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Good morning everyone....In a weird mood today. Passed the assignment, but kind of dissapointed in myself for not getting the result i wanted. Hopefully i'll manage to get a better result at the oral exam. Sotd is Aromatics Elexir. So in synch.

Basenotes Plus

Inees....Congrats! You passed- celebrate that. Doesn't matter by how much because it only matters that you passed!!!!! A tremendous achievement ....and you can take the next exam...

I'm in a mix of decanting fumes right now

Great day, everyone!

I'm half way through my stay-cation ....boooo
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. In synch with Bogner Deep Forest.

Have a great trip, Foustie.

Happy Birthday MFJ
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 1st June 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    It's Friday and, G. and Jon, I will be having a Bourgogne Rouge, which I bought from a small shop (cellar in fact) near my work place in Vienna (which I happened to come accross yesterday).

Basenotes Plus

Bon voyage, Foustie! Do try your best to have a good time.

Congrats, Ine!

SOTD is yummy, playful Aquolina Pink Sugar

Happy Friday, all xoxo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

It's very cold here for June today (50 degrees Fahrenheit).

SotD: Bvlgari Black.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

O de Lancome vintage version, much better that the current one.

HAGD all!

Flexi day today prior to a week off work done some rather late spring cleaning. Shopping for our caravan trip next so out of synch with Chanel's Beige again. Thank you whwend for being my enabler on this one. Even Mr Ali smelt it and said "Yep, that smells of you". A real secret luxury. Will synch later

Congrats to Ine, happy traveling to The Fousties

Enjoy your Friday fragrant friends

Pulling out Hermes Kelly Caleche for Friday synch. I've actually been wearing this a little bit this spring, but I had forgotten how much I like it before I dug it out of hiding

Enjoy your trip Foustie!!!! Knit, your vacation is only half begun, not half over!

I have a SotL - a Scent of Lunch - today... the SA in a shop I passed by sprayed my arm so many times with the new Eau Sauvage Parfum that I do leave a trail from that one arm. It's M7 done the vetiver-citric way instead with an ambery drydown. Definitely as good as M7, but I think I have moved on since my initial excitement about M7.
    Congrats ineespenes!

Basenotes Plus

Congrats Ineespenes! Have a wonderful vacation Foustie!!

SotD is Azzaro Eau Belle.

Have a great weekend!

Aah, Mure Et Musc Extreme and DSH Formula X for the Mure et Mure et Musc et Musc. With all the love in my house for the Mango lotion, resulting in the run of XtraFruityMure et Musc layering, I'd forgotten about this, until I read the Matilidaben comment where she referenced this layering. So lovely. So I am synchronized, as well. Thank you Matildaben.

solo loewe intense

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Bonjour!

great fragance , my friend!!

Hello everyone -

I just completely forgot about the sync this morning and went straight for my beautiful Magnolia Nobile without even thinking about it. This is special on several levels, the most important being that every time I wear it, I still think of the dear basenoter that sent me a bit of it, and am ever grateful to her for introducing me to this amazing magnolia perfume. Thanks again, cello! ♥

Foustie - how exciting! Your trip sounds just heavenly! You make me want to drop everything and fly off to Italy with you ....sigh. Have a fantastic time - I'll be so eager to read all about it upon your return!

And congrats to ineespenes! knit is right - you've passed, and you don't have to worry about that one anymore ...now wishing you good luck for the next one!

((Jon)) and ((teardrop)) - y'all know why.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st June 2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Creed - Royal Oud

Mornin', not in sync, Comme des Garcons Wonderwood mm.8991.jpg

La Nuit Le Parfum Pour Homme by YSL
    Gary

La traversée du Bosphore, from a sample. Love it, it's great with hot weather!

Basenotes Institution

Long lost perfume treasure ,at the back of my cupboard - Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed. Love this stuff.

Have a good day and TGIF folks !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks, Robin; I always associate that layering with you.

No forgotten treasure for me, but a new favorite and wishlist candidate: Infanta en Flor by Arquiste.

Have a wonderful time in Italy, Foustie! You deserve a break. That sounds lovely!

Congratulations, Ineespenes! Don't be so hard on yourself -- that is one huge hurdle out of the way.

Scent of Lunch, lol!

I actually managed to be in synch today even though I am away from home. I brought a bunch of samples and decants with me in a small zippered cosmetics case. I spilled the whole thing out on the bed, and lo and behold there was a small vial of Vol de Nuit parfum that I'd forgotten about. Mike Perez sent me that a long time ago. Oh my goodness, it is so gorgeous. I really love VdN. The edp is nice, too, as we discovered at Saks in NOLA. Perhaps some day I shall acquire some. I may have to beg Santa for that.

It is our last day in Florida. Tomorrow we hit the road to travel back up north to Virginia. I'm making dinner at home for everybody - a huge pot of turkey chili (I only do one pot/pan dinners, any more courses other than a salad = too much stress for Lilybelle). My stepfather loves chili. He has alzheimers and other issues and I want him to be pleased tonight. I don't even know whether he will be all *there* by the next time we get to see him. Our RotE (Red of the Evening) is a fruity Spanish garnacha. We have mini desserts - cheesecakes, key lime pie. Cheeses, breads. What more could we want, dinner and each other's company?

TGIF and love to everybody.

in sync with

527M.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hello everyone -

I just completely forgot about the sync his morning and went straight for my beautiful Magnolia Nobile without even thinking about it.
    Wow E, that does sound lovely! I have been kind of looking for a nice magnolia, I think I gotta sample that one soon!

Well, I too forgot about the sync and reached for my Hypnotic Poison Elixir.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Basenotes Plus

In sync with a tiny spritz of Amber Absolute from a split done years ago with thaifighter. Waves to my Chicago scent brother, it IS chilly today! 58 in St Louis and it's almost noon.

Inees, I am sorry you are disappointed in your score. Bug hugs to you and wishes for the oral part to be just exactly as you wish.

Have fun in Italy, Foustie & Mr. F!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Congrats to Ine! Safe travels to the Fousties and hoping Knit is enjoying the staycation!

Syncing in Bonne Bell Skin Musk but it won't last long, I'm bored with this scent already!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Having a Tabu day! (I seem to be having a bit of a spicy week actually!)

Good roads to Foustie!

Ines, congrats to you and try not to worry about the actual number -- you passed, so that makes you a winner in my book.

Knit, I love staycations -- enjoy!

Like Evangeline, I was not thinking about the scent synch for today when I chose my scent. As it turns out I retrieved my bottle of Dzing! from the far corner of my scent cupboard this morning, a scent about which I became increasingly excited two years ago. Spraying it on today made me realize again why. So Dzing! is my scent synch contribution for today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning everyone....In a weird mood today. Passed the assignment, but kind of dissapointed in myself for not getting the result i wanted. Hopefully i'll manage to get a better result at the oral exam. Sotd is Aromatics Elexir. So in synch.
    (((Inees)))
    Good luck with the oral exam and congratulations on passing your assignment .
    Thinking of you , Inees !

Foustie - safe travels and have a fab time - I know you will ! Bon voyage !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

C'est Magique Homme by Kesling

What a lovely post, lilybelle! Safe travels!
    I'm in Jicky EdP again... should go well with the 'notes animales' of the Bourgogne tonight.
    Best to all

What a lovely post, lilybelle! Safe travels!
    I'm in Jicky EdP again... should go well with the 'notes animales' of the Bourgogne tonight.
    Best to all
    Larimar, shall I start considering you as Jicky addicted? Jickdicted? You surely wear it a lot lately.

--
    What a great afternoon, the weather changed into windy, it stopped raining, the big clouds are rolling in the sky, hiding and unhiding the sun.

Also one of the niche perfume shops here in Poland started selling perfume samples (finally), and they have a good price. I ordered 5 I wanted to try for a while. Can't wait for them to be delivered next week! Yay for sampling!

I feel like having a SotE today again so maybe... Grand Neroli by Atelier Cologne?

Basenotes Plus

Out of synch this evening with Le Labo Rose 31.

L
    , joining you this evening with a bottle of Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon from the land of the didgeridoo. The perfect start to an extra long weekend courtesy of E2R and her diamond jubilee. This means that G and I will be having wine o'clock for the next four days - one must be patriotic and participate .

E, you are too kind - I regret my arms don't extend across the Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Larimar, shall I start considering you as Jicky addicted? Jickdicted? You surely wear it a lot lately.
    No use denying it. Maybe G. is joining me?

Blog Entries

Vol de Nuit for me. Wow, I really should wear this more often. Just glorious!!

Ligea la Sirena for me again.

Happy Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    The perfect start to an extra long weekend courtesy of E2R and her diamond jubilee. This means that G and I will be having wine o'clock for the next four days - one must be patriotic and participate .

Now that's the kind of patriotism I can get behind ! Cheers, everyone.

No use denying it. Maybe G. is joining me?
    He is, indeed. Mixing a Larimar on the Beach Jicky cocktail: A generous splash of EdP, with a dash of extrait. Good job I'm staying in tonight !

Best to all.

In sync with Marilyn Miglin Goddess parfum. I keep getting random whiffs and wondering what smells so good, then realize it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Mixing a Larimar on the Beach Jicky cocktail: A generous splash of EdP, with a dash of extrait. Good job I'm staying in tonight !.
    Ha Ha! Wait 30 minutes and you'll take London in a storm!

Basenotes Plus

Well...scrubbed off the Amber Absolute. Now I know why this is in the back of my closet. Way too strong for me.

Moving on to Caron Alpona and....I think I'm still in sync.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hey y'all -

kalli, Magnolia Nobile is indeed very gorgeous and authentic and I highly recommend it as the best magnolia soliflore I've come across ...my only gripe is its longevity. I re-spritzed about two hours ago and its gone again...sigh. But its drydown makes a perfect canvas for my sota, which is also all about magnolias, L'Instant de Guerlain, edt. Hooray!

...and I just have to say, y'all are all so funny and clever and just plain nice to be with. I'm so glad I can come here each day and feel such a sense of true community. Thanks, hugs and love to all! XOXO
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    E, you are too kind - I regret my arms don't extend across the Atlantic.
    That would be nice, Jon, but you'd look like a freak! Besides, your virtual hug-back is so appreciated, and quite effective enough for me to get a good whiff of you ...you smell divine, btw.

Ahhh, Evangeline, I need to let you know that you've sold me on L'Instant. I've been wavering on a purchase of the edp for a while, but after your description of the edt (from the Southern/Magnolia fragrance thread) it went right to my wishlist. You're a top-notch enabler.

Today, however I'm in something completely different from L'Instant. Dior Eau Sauvage.

Back from the desert. into the cornsticks of our upper Mid-West. Sleepy yet, it is always harder for me to come back to the US of A as compared to going somewhere else, with jet-lag.

Mimi, this is my favorite Creed.

Alityke, I went through a bottle of Beige -- well, I was sharing too! -- it is the best of the genre.

Novaya Zarya Mystere is my forgotten treasure that nobody really knew to start with.

You guys have a nice weekend.

Finally synching in Bulgari Jasmin Noir.

Loving the rose Jon.
    Gabe you smell marvellous!

9 more days off, Chinese arrived, only ironing left of the chores and off with the tin box tomorrow. Woo hoo. Going to surprise visit youngest son too