Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Ok so really new into fragrances, just got into it around xmas last year. Been spending time on the forums and youtube absorbing as much as I can and I recently came across Invasion Barbare. After watching/reading about it. I was all excited thinking I would pull the trigger and blind buy.....then I saw the price. The $$ doesn't concern me but for that price it made me wonder if I would truly appreciate this juice, since I am so new. I would love to test it on my skin and buy a sample instead of a blind buy obviously. Can this wonderful community help a guy out and tell me where I can get my hands on it?

  2. #2

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    2,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Get a sample right here:

    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...n_Barbare.html


    Caution: Invasion Barbare will spoil you.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Beginner or veteran anyone can rock this juice and appreciate it's star qualities.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got it and wearing it to work and co worker said it smells really good .

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Buysblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    No.


    It's my favorite fragrance. I think you'll like it a lot when you first begin to wear it, and I think your appreciation for it will only increase as you become more experienced.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Beginner or veteran anyone can rock this juice and appreciate it's star qualities.
    Agree.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Get a sample right here:

    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...n_Barbare.html


    Caution: Invasion Barbare will spoil you.
    THANK YOU for this!! Did not know about this retailer! And I am worried about getting spoiled

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Beginner or veteran anyone can rock this juice and appreciate it's star qualities.
    Glad to hear this, will be ordering this tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by mustafa604 View Post
    I got it and wearing it to work and co worker said it smells really good.
    Glad it is work safe. Main place I will be wearing it I imagine

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    No.


    It's my favorite fragrance. I think you'll like it a lot when you first begin to wear it, and I think your appreciation for it will only increase as you become more experienced.
    Exactly what I was hoping for!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Alright next question. Since I will be ordering a sample. Please give me some more great fragrances to try, to round out an order!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
    Alright next question. Since I will be ordering a sample. Please give me some more great fragrances to try, to round out an order!

    Les Zazous Eau de Parfum by Keiko Mecheri TO me it's a nice mix of Tobacco Vanille and Tonka Imperiale.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...es_Zazous.html

  10. #10
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoPsOrange View Post
    Les Zazous Eau de Parfum by Keiko Mecheri TO me it's a nice mix of Tobacco Vanille and Tonka Imperiale.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...es_Zazous.html
    Added to cart!

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What I strongly suggest you can go to mdci perfumes site and order 5 samples (12ml) each for 90$ and when you find which you like . You contact them and they take 90$ off your full bottle purchase.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustafa604 View Post
    What I strongly suggest you can go to mdci perfumes site and order 5 samples (12ml) each for 90$ and when you find which you like . You contact them and they take 90$ off your full bottle purchase.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    This is wonderful, briefly checked out the site but now I'm a bit overwhelmed to the have 5 mens fragrances?? I don't know what to add to my sampler, would love some help.

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Le Rivage des Syrtes
    Chypre Palatin (new one)receive sample havent tried yet.
    Ambre Topkapi
    Peche Cardinal (new one)receive sample havent tried yet.
    Invasion Barbare

    these are the best ones





    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
    This is wonderful, briefly checked out the site but now I'm a bit overwhelmed to the have 5 mens fragrances?? I don't know what to add to my sampler, would love some help.

  14. #14
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustafa604 View Post
    Le Rivage des Syrtes
    Chypre Palatin (new one)receive sample havent tried yet.
    Ambre Topkapi
    Peche Cardinal (new one)receive sample havent tried yet.
    Invasion Barbare

    these are the best ones
    Thank you sir!

  15. #15

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    2,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
    Alright next question. Since I will be ordering a sample. Please give me some more great fragrances to try, to round out an order!

    Add these three:
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...e_Palatin.html


    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...istance/M.html

    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...joff/Kobe.html


    Remember, you don't always have to buy full bottles. Many basenoters split bottles.

  16. #16
    Dependent fragranceman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    It is a beautiful fragrance, I own it and it never lets me down. The only thing I wood say is, if you are going to buy it, I would use it more than most of the fragrances I.e make it your signature scent. I feel it is rounded enough of a fragrance for this to be acceptable. The is no point in spending a few hundred $$$ if you are just going to wear it the odd time. I hope you enjoy.

  17. #17
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    It is a beautiful fragrance, I own it and it never lets me down. The only thing I wood say is, if you are going to buy it, I would use it more than most of the fragrances I.e make it your signature scent. I feel it is rounded enough of a fragrance for this to be acceptable. The is no point in spending a few hundred $$$ if you are just going to wear it the odd time. I hope you enjoy.
    Agree completely, which is another thing that has had me wondering. How do you guys find the time to wear and try all these scents!? I know some are "seasonal" but I have 3 bottles now (2 of which I think would be considered spring/summer juice) with Terre D'Hermes on the way and now considering IB, but there are SO many more I want to sample and try!!! Like GIT and YSL L'homme, etc...

  18. #18
    Dependent fragranceman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    A lot of people wear 1 scent in the morning and 1 in the evening and speaking personally it doesn't matter what season it it for me to wear any particular scent

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    I agree with thebeck 's suggestions for additional samples of Chypre Palatin by MDCI, M by Puredistance and Kobe by Xerjoff.
    However, be forewarned that you are being exposed to some of the very best.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA temporarily
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    It is a beautiful fragrance, I own it and it never lets me down. The only thing I wood say is, if you are going to buy it, I would use it more than most of the fragrances I.e make it your signature scent. I feel it is rounded enough of a fragrance for this to be acceptable. The is no point in spending a few hundred $$$ if you are just going to wear it the odd time. I hope you enjoy.
    Excellent!

  21. #21
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Am I to new for Invasion Barbare?

    Invasion Barbare can be appreciated by anyone. It's an excellent scent.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Similar Threads

  1. Invasion Barbare
    By Buysblind in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 29th April 2013, 10:30 PM
  2. invasion barbare - yes?
    By wmim in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 25th November 2012, 05:14 AM
  3. Invasion Barbare, what else?
    By sifuhall in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 4th May 2012, 10:25 PM
  4. Invasion Barbare vs. ?????
    By Temptation in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29th March 2012, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •