Code of Conduct

Default Is There a Way to Reuse Old Fragrance Bottles With Crimp On Atomizers?

I would like to reuse/refill some of my empties that have the crimp on (not screw on) atomizer, but I am not quite sure how to go about removing and reattaching the sprayer.

Does anyone have any tips, advice, or experience on removing the crimp on sprayers and then reattaching them once the bottle has been refilled?

Default Re: Is There a Way to Reuse Old Fragrance Bottles With Crimp On Atomizers?

In my experience, the empty bottles without screw-on caps are obsolete. You can use them as decor in your house, but they cannot be refilled with fragrance.

I just gave away an empty bottle of the Jade Jagger Shalimar.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Is There a Way to Reuse Old Fragrance Bottles With Crimp On Atomizers?

I agree! I really REALLY want to re-use the Creed 1 oz. 'travel size' bottles. They are neat, handy, perfect for traveling, and have great sprayers, and would be quite a shame to just throw them away. Too bad you can't refill the 1 oz. Creed bottles!! I am not giving up yet, but I think it will be more trouble than what it is worth. Perhaps I could purchase a hand-crimper? Anyone ever have any success taking the caps off and re-crimping them or re-capping them???

Blog Entries

No way would I attempt to do this. Empty bottles w/o tops look cute as tiny bud vases. Put a single rose bud , some violets or lilly-of-the-valley in it and call it good.

Invest in some decant sized sprayers for travel.

hmmm, I've been looking for an answer for this one for a while.

see how he's doing it here? I posted a question to ask if it can be done in reverse...
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Member

Ugh! This does not seem to work in reverse AT ALL. I have tried it and there are just too many obstacles in the way of the needle, not to mention that one-way ball bearing valve at the bottom of the spray apparatus. Seems my dream of refilling Creed 1 oz. travel bottles (and other bottles) may be coming to an end.

Basenotes Member

Frustrating. I may have to just follow kumquat's advice above!