Code of Conduct

Question Explain Spicebomb To Me !!!

This fragrance seems to be catching everyone´s attention......and in a positive way.
    I have tried it now 6 or 7 times - both on tester strips and of course, on the skin.
    It´s not that I hate it, but I find it very run-of-the-mill /nothing special; modern chemical fragrance.
    So many people are raving about this one. Why ?
    In my collection of perfumes I have 2 spicebombs. Real spicebombs : Loewe Pour Homme and Monsieur Rochas, (both vintage). These are to my nose about a thousand times better than Spicebomb. I will keep trying it, in the hope that suddenly something will "click" and I will understand what all the fuss is about.

Default Re: Explain Spicebomb To Me !!!

I think you got it loud and clear. Nothing special. It simply doesn't work for you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I think you got it loud and clear. Nothing special. It simply doesn't work for you and me.
    Thanks.....I thought I was the only one !

+1

You're not the only one, in fact if you read more threads about it I think you'll realize it's split pretty much 50/50.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

It's like Viktor and Rolf took the best parts of several other fragrances and put them into an awesome grenade shaped bottle. I like Spicebomb but I find the longevity and projection to be lacking for a $90 bottle of designer smell good.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I like it. But only in the blistering cold. The cinnamon is too dry for anything but cool weather

couldn't agree with that statement more, so there are now 3. but i'm willing to add that it doesn't truly work PERIOD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
    This fragrance seems to be catching everyone´s attention......and in a positive way.
    I have tried it now 6 or 7 times - both on tester strips and of course, on the skin.
    It´s not that I hate it, but I find it very run-of-the-mill /nothing special; modern chemical fragrance.
    In my collection of perfumes I have 2 spicebombs. Real spicebombs : Loewe Pour Homme and Monsieur Rochas, (both vintage). These are to my nose about a thousand times better than Spicebomb. I will keep trying it, in the hope that suddenly something will "click" and I will understand what all the fuss is about.
    I think that for people who are used to niche and classic designer stuff, and offbeat designer entries with more daring, Spicebomb is rather underwhelming. But in the more current, "of the moment style", designer stuff that sells big and makes money right now, it is fairly novel and cutting edge. I like it, personally, and most of my recent "scent deja vu" moments have been recollections of this fragrance, so it's obviously had an effect on me. But I also have to admit that I've moved on to other things as summer has gotten here.

Doesn't click with me either. The juice is ok, but I dislike the aura/attitude it sends out, if that makes sense.

Of all the designer fragrances released this year, this one is possibly the best...which is not saying much. Does not excite me.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Dependent

I didn't like it at all. Very dense, dry (in the wetness sense) and annoyingly sweet. I tend to like more "spacious" fragrances with a structure that has depth to it. Spicebomb has an opaqueness and flatness that rubs me the wrong way. Great bottle though. It's about time somewhat came out with a grenade frag (pun intended) bottle.

I compare it to an over-the-top concentration of Gucci PHII that misses the point of PHII completely.

Banned

I have to say, as one of the biggest proponents of Spicebomb since the beginning, that I am growing tired of it. It seems that as I get more acquainted with it, the less impressed I am. I thought it was delightful the first month or so, but as it starts to warm up, I am less and less inclined to use it. I have two 90mL bottles sitting on my shelf that I haven't used for a month or so now.

I dont like it either. It's not disgusting, but it sure aint very good either. 6/10 for BubbleGumBomb from me.

No.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

It's a mix of other fragrances that doesn't exceed any of them or bring anything new to the table. From what I've smelled of it there's quite a few fragrances it resembles. Eau des Baux is the one that I think it tries to copy, but is way too sweet. The fragrance that I think it smells the most like is Black XS which Spice Bomb might be a less synthetic smelling, but I think Black XS is easier to wear since it doesn't have that over the top sweetness. There's a lot of sweet fragrances that I enjoy wearing, but it just doesn't work with this type of fragrance.
    Last edited by silentrich; 2nd June 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Its not unpleasant but its just not for me ... it reminded me of something else but couldnt figure it out

Jean, you're gonna wanna try this one on your skin. I agree with you.. the opening isn't that good. I just tried a sample today, and have another on the way. I look forward to testing this fragrance extensively to see just how good or bad it is. The opening smelled like a chemical catastrophe to me. Just spices clashing. Now into the heart, and it is gorgeous. I'm getting ginger, pepper, woods, but it is also a little sweet. I look forward to wearing this one more, in the coming days, to see where I stand on it.

Actually like it quite a lot. A lot worse out there on the market currently.

Reminds me of Red Hots. Like the candy, don't wanna wear it though. I gave my sample away, I didn't get what the fuss was either.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I am wearing this on one arm today, and Taste of a Fragrance on the other. Taste of a Fragrance is 100 times better imo. they are both "spice bombs"

I like it (not love it) because it has a big fat Saffron and Cardamom accord in the dry down, and Saffron is one of my favourite notes. I also think the Saffron is what makes Spicebomb seem floral and sweet, Saffron can have that character to it, it has a fairly complicated odour profile.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I am wearing this on one arm today, and Taste of a Fragrance on the other. Taste of a Fragrance is 100 times better imo. they are both "spice bombs"
    wouldn't Taste but absolutely great with a lil more chili ?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Agreed. Taste of Fragrance is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    wouldn't Taste but absolutely great with a lil more chili ?
    Ohh ya! I love this opening.. it is a blast of chili powder, I wish it would keep going. I wish it could stay this strong.

Its ok. Nothing special. 1 Million Sport.

I think some people were disappointed because they were hoping for niche quality/accord.

for swap/sale:

Wearing this now. It's been 1 hour and really from the initial squirt until now all I get is a sweet cinnamon accord. Like Dentyne gum. Not horrible but nothing I'd wear again. BTW, when did SAs get so lazy? This was a Nordstroms and the SA was nice but when asked about suggestions I got Boss Bottled Night and Gucci Guilty Intense. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wearing this now. It's been 1 hour and really from the initial squirt until now all I get is a sweet cinnamon accord. Like Dentyne gum. Not horrible but nothing I'd wear again. BTW, when did SAs get so lazy? This was a Nordstroms and the SA was nice but when asked about suggestions I got Boss Bottled Night and Gucci Guilty Intense. Oh well.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Another BN hype that gets repudiated once it got popular.
    I do like it as it's a mix of several fragrances which I love. It's synthetic but, well, spicy, and that's a good thing in my book.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I really liked it when it first came out. Soft spice, leather and tobacco... Bought a bottle and made sure I got a few samples... I wore the samples a lot before I had came to the conclusion I had made a mistake and returned the unopened bottle to Nordstrom. There are a lot of things I like there, and the sillage and longevity are great on my skin. However, the deal breaker on me came from the "pink plastic" note that seems to be in the background throughout the top-middle-base note. It actually began to turn my stomach after a while. Over applied and in heat is can be very cloying

I think its allright but as many have said already it comes across as a tribute to 3-4 popular scents all Amalgamated into one.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    It's like Viktor and Rolf took the best parts of several other fragrances and put them into an awesome grenade shaped bottle. I like Spicebomb but I find the longevity and projection to be lacking for a $90 bottle of designer smell good.
    Hmmm... Ever tried their other bottle a called Antidote. Not really they same scent but that bottle had a lot of notes going on in that and when you say that they seem to take the best part of all frags and inputted them into one frag...to me it sounds like viktor and Rolf has in mind that they just throw a bunch in one and you may not like it that much but you can hate it either now I tested spicebomb one time and to me it smelt good but it has been done before...like one million without that bubblegum smell. Now I thought it be more spicier but its still a good scent...not for 90$ though.

Seems like the best part about it is the presentation. The bottle is pretty rad.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
    Spicebomb is a very good scent and I really like it, flaws (price and projection) aside.

If you don't like Spicebomb, don't feel obligated to. It's a hit-or-miss scent. So you are perfectly legitimate in feeling it is overrated.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Wearing this now. It's been 1 hour and really from the initial squirt until now all I get is a sweet cinnamon accord. Like Dentyne gum. Not horrible but nothing I'd wear again. BTW, when did SAs get so lazy? This was a Nordstroms and the SA was nice but when asked about suggestions I got Boss Bottled Night and Gucci Guilty Intense.
    Unfortunately, around here, this is Nordstroms top of the line fragrance, so you can imagine what the choices we have.

I like it. Admittedly I don't yet own a bottle but I have worn it several times from samples and was always impressed. Will definitely purchase once the heat of summer starts to loosen its grip.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I didn't like it at all. Very dense, dry (in the wetness sense) and annoyingly sweet. I tend to like more "spacious" fragrances with a structure that has depth to it. Spicebomb has an opaqueness and flatness that rubs me the wrong way. Great bottle though. It's about time somewhat came out with a grenade frag (pun intended) bottle.
    I agree there is a bluntness and flattened quality to main body of the scent. It's okay but I'm not tempted to buy it.

Have not tried it..all the hype, I almost felt pressured to. Almost! I also dislike the bottle. There has been a cooler, pinker grenade before imo, Agent Provocateur.

does nothing for me. spayed my sample once and havent been back since.

I'm pretty ambivalent towards this one. Was very excited about it based on the early reviews, but was only lukewarm about it when I got a sample. My partner really disliked it, which put the final in the coffin of my interest for it.