Code of Conduct

Thread: Breath of God

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breath of God

Abaolutely marvelous. I can't believe how little this fragrance is talked about. It's not easily wearable, but it's infinitely interesting and stunningly beautiful.

Can't get enough. Wish the little black bottle wasn't TOTALLY opaque so I could see when I was getting low.

Default Re: Breath of God

I popped into Lush last week and tried it too and was very pleasantly surprised with this along with a couple of others in the line , deffo a future purchase . Oddly enough I found it to be very wearable , one of those impossible to dislike things

Post Thanks / Like

I found it in Oz a year ago and wore it for the week I was there - and still do occasionally. It has a great autumnal evening vibe for me - compelling with the dark vetiver, smoke in the evening air and slight hammy touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Too sweet (or rather the kind of sweet that gives me appetite, which I don't need). I want Exhale.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I first came across it in the Luca Turin guide. Local Lush finally stocked it and I loved it. I get a medical like vibe from it.
    DONNA

This has a lot of admirers I understand, but personally not one of them.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - fantastic fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Great frag. Constantly sniffing my wrist with this one. Cant think of anything I can easily compare it to.

Smoky vetiver; does it compare to something like Encre Noir?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. I have both. Smoky vetiver is a good description for Encre Noir but not for Breath of God.

Post Thanks / Like

The opening is certainly sweet, or at least has a sweet note to it. I found it to be very dark and incency with a sort of piercing sweetness cutting through the mix. Then it fades and becomes smokey and airy, certainly deserving the "breath" part of the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Big love here too.

Re Scientologist's question, completely different from EN (or Sycomore): these are woody, the "smoke" is really more like wood. BoG has a very artificial vibe, I'd say plastic smoke. Which sounds bad, but it balances really well the vetiver and the weird candy sweetness, almost like those japanese candies with weird flavors.

I like Exhale too, it's just the vetiver/smoky part, but I think that the floral-sweet part adds depth and originality.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's fantastic. I get a wave of fruitiness with a bit of citrus colliding with another wave of incense and vetiver. What's great about it is that it fades in and out and you can smell different parts of the fragrance all through it's life. Other Lush fragrances I've tried are:

Dirty - A "dirty" herbal spearmint opening that transforms into a "clean" brighter spearmint. My signature scent. Leans toward Masculine.

25:43 - Lemongrass and Lime with a vanilla drydown. If you like Dior Homme or Chanel Allure Edition Blanche you have to try this one. Oddly addictive. Leans towards the feminine side, but still unisex.

Cocktail - Fruity and slightly medicinal. Pretty good and wearable. Unisex.

Yuzu and Cocoa - Yuzu oranges, cocoa absolute, and tonka. For pure smell this stuff is impossible to stop sniffing. Dry bright orange mixed with coconut drizzled with chocolate. Also has a pina colada vibe to it. For those that like Dior Homme Intense and L'Instant Extreme. Unisex.

For those interested, here are the ingredients in Breath of God. Inhale and Exhale have the same data sheets.

Breath of God
    Ingredients Denatured alcohol, fragrance, essential oil of cedar (Cupressus funebris), Essential oil of rose (Rosa damascena) essential oil of ylang-ylang (Cananga odorata), Oil of vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides), Essential Oil Lemon (Citrus limonum), Oil of black pepper (Piper nigrum), Oil of sandalwood (Santalum album) essential oil of cade (Juniperus oxycedrus), benzyl salicylate, Citral *, methylionone, * Coumarin, Eugenol *, Geraniol *, Citronellol, Benzyl benzoate, * Farnesol, * Limonene, * Linalool

Inhale
    Ingredients Organic jojoba oil cold pressed (Simmondsia chinensis), Fragrance, Essential Oil of neroli (Citrus aurantium amara), * Limonene, Essential oil of rose (Rosa damascena) essential oil of ylang-ylang (Cananga odorata), Oil of black pepper (Piper nigrum), Oil of sandalwood (Santalum album) , Oil of vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides), Citral *, Coumarin, isoeugenol, methylionone, * Eugenol, * Geraniol, * Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Linalool *

Exhale
    Ingredients Organic jojoba oil cold pressed (Simmondsia chinensis), Fragrance, Essential Oil of neroli (Citrus aurantium amara), * Limonene, Essential oil of rose (Rosa damascena), Oil of ylang-ylang (Cananga odorata), Oil of black pepper (Piper nigrum), Oil of sandalwood (Santalum album), Oil of vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides), Citral *, Coumarin, isoeugenol, methylionone, Eugenol *, * Geraniol, * Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Linalool *
    Last edited by silentrich; 6th June 2012 at 04:28 AM.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I need to give this one another chance? I sampled it on a strip a couple of years ago, and it put me off, unambiguously. I didn't dare spray it on myself. Thereafter, I called it "Halitosis of God". To me, the combination of smoke, vetiver, and fruit suggested the breath of someone who had eaten a robust meal of barbecue and cobbler, then didn't brush his teeth for days. Revolting.

Weird, since I like all the component notes. Somehow, they don't harmonize quite right for me.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I popped into a local Lush store over the weekend and gave this another shot (didnt got down well the first time round). The staff member I spoke to this time seemed to have more knowledge on their fragrance range. He advised that the bottles have a stronger concentrate (EDP equivalent) and the pen-like atomiser is slightly less concentrated (EDT equivalent). I wasnt quite sure on his statement until I sampled both of them...

They were both different after all. And I much preferred the atomiser! One that I did not test initially. Its not as harsh as the juice from the bottle. For some reason, it reminds me of Habit Rouge!! :s