Code of Conduct

Thread: Kerosene frags?

Default Kerosene frags?

Does anyone know where to get the Kerosene line of frags especially R'oud elements or copper skies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Kerosene frags?

Try their concierge sample service.. really quick turnaround and a fair price for samples.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

MiN, but it looks like they're out of stock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    MiN, but it looks like they're out of stock.
    Wow! Not surprising, actually. Kerosene also had some bottles on Etsy earlier, but it looks like the store is empty.

It's fetching a high price in Europe, here:

http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/duefte...d-elements-edp

Not sure if there is any in stock, however. MiN will probably be first in line for more!

I ordered the 5 sample concierge service, but since many of his fragrances are out of stock I'm wondering if the samples would be out of stock also? I've been meaning to sample Santalum Slivers and Whips and Roses. I'd like my wife to smell and like Whips and Roses so I could order both bottles at the same time.

Blog Entries

^ He's got two more frags? Day-um! If they've got samples at MiN, I will make a point to stop in next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Whips and Roses? LOL

I gotta smell this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ^ He's got two more frags? Day-um! If they've got samples at MiN, I will make a point to stop in next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Whips and Roses? LOL

I gotta smell this one!
    Red, I am still partial to my Coup de Fouet by Caron. A "crack of the whip."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Red, I am still partial to my Coup de Fouet by Caron. A "crack of the whip."
    Definitely great stuff - I decided to pull out the sample you sent me, and I'm wearing it right now!

That fragrance is very well-named. The pepper note is brought down to a "fine point" of some kind - a sharp, fresh facet that just feels like an olfactory snap. I'm rather surprised that this isn't more popular with the boys.

Must be doing something right if they're selling out.

I'm really looking to try Creature, anyone have any opinions?

I just ordered a decant of roud elements from the fragrancebros on YouTube. I think they're still selling some, along with other kerosene frags. Check them out

MiN New York exclusive

Like mentioned earlier, Min NY and use coupon code "ROBES08" to get 15% off.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Someone said the guy who does Kerosene fragrances also has a YouTube/FragComm review channel, anyone know which user it is?

Flouris, the guy's nickname in Basenotes is Kerosene as well, you shouldn't have problems finding him...

I've tried Copper Skies, Santalum Slivers and Roses and Whips. All them are pretty good (it's sad they are so expensive here in Europe,160$ or more). My favourite so far is Santalum Slivers.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, found it. For anyone curious, here is a video he did on one of his fragrances

I'm really curious to check his stuff out. He seems very down to earth and passionate about what he does. Plus the bottles he makes look very cool! Like a more industrial/artistic version of Kilian.

They are at least worth trying.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing (since he has no website that I can find) that MiN is the only place to sample?

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    I'm guessing (since he has no website that I can find) that MiN is the only place to sample?
    I messaged him on Youtube and got samples from him directly about 4 months ago. That was before he sold his stuff on Min NY though. He's a good guy. And his videos are funny.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I've sampled and done videos on Youtube of all Kerosene's fragrances. I'd say Santalum Slivers is perhaps the most mainstream smelling of the bunch. Think Tam Dao with nice citrus notes added. Creature reminded me of Menthe Fraiche in the drydown, but the opening was kinda harsh like Ben-Gay or something. Copper Skies is an amber with cloves. R'oud Elements is an oud fragrance with orange bitters and amber. Whips and Roses is a garden fresh kinda smell. So Kerosene has a bit of something for anyone. What's missing....maybe an aquatic and a gourmand?

Contact him via Youtube or here on BN. You can purchase samples and full bottles from him directly.

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the interest! Itís been difficult keeping up with all the fragrance outlets, especially Basenotes. Im currently working on a website where all the information for the scents will be and where to obtain samples and bottles. Three stores in Germany have just picked me up the past month or so. Sundhaft, Essenza Nobile and First in Fragrance.

The bottles cost more in Europe because of the cost to ship the heavy boxes and added insurance. So that has to be figured into their selling cost. Shipping from Michigan to New York isnít much, but to Germany, yeah, itís quite a bit of difference.

Oh and if going through MiN New York, if they are saying a scent is out of stock, it only means the bottles are. They will always have access to juice for samples. I think you can get all 5 of my scents for $10 shipped or something like that, so itís very reasonable.

Im the most active on Facebook, ďKerosene JohnĒ and post almost daily. Started my own group over there too if anyoneís interested in following whatís new.

Im also going to see if I can host a sample and bottle giveaway here on Basenotes. Donít know where that would be appropriate though. Iíd like to share some love with you guys as I do with my Facebook friends.

So yeah, I hope I answered everything. If anymore questions, donít hesitate to ask. Iím around.

Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

congrats on your success. Looking forward to sampling these

Talk abut getting your info straight from the source. Thanks for posting John and Im looking forward to trying your fragrances. Heard many good things. Ill let you know what I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Must be doing something right if they're selling out.

I'm really looking to try Creature, anyone have any opinions?
    Creature is very novel, very powerful, and aptly named. Holy Toledo! Creature of the Green Lagoon! Very "Tauer-esque" in that it's ballsy, artsy niche. I can't handle strong green scents like it, but total respect. Now talking about R'oud....

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    Thanks, found it. For anyone curious, here is a video he did on one of his fragrances

I'm really curious to check his stuff out. He seems very down to earth and passionate about what he does. Plus the bottles he makes look very cool! Like a more industrial/artistic version of Kilian.
    If you like M7, you MUST try R'oud Elements, IMO. Imagine swapping out the cherry cough syrup of M7 for a kind of "barbequed" orange bitters, adding a just slightly rougher woody texture, and amping it up so that, when vintage M7 is faltering, R'oud is just starting to strut its stuff, at about 300% of what you're getting from M7. My quickie description of R'oud is M7 ŗ L'Orange EDP Intense. If you think M7 is worth the squeeze, R'oud is a total bargain. Probably my favorite oud at this point, or tied with Creed Royal Oud. Taking a chance on this was one of my luckier calls.

Wow, a real honor to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Creed and M7! Thanks so much,

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Now talking about R'oud....If you like M7, you MUST try R'oud Elements, IMO. Imagine swapping out the cherry cough syrup of M7 for a kind of "barbequed" orange bitters, adding a just slightly rougher woody texture, and amping it up so that, when vintage M7 is faltering, R'oud is just starting to strut its stuff, at about 300% of what you're getting from M7. My quickie description of R'oud is M7 ŗ L'Orange EDP Intense. If you think M7 is worth the squeeze, R'oud is a total bargain. Probably my favorite oud at this point, or tied with Creed Royal Oud. Taking a chance on this was one of my luckier calls.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I initially thought R'oud Elements smelled like M7 but now I don't think they're too similar. Both have a nice vanilla drydown, but R'oud is more wearable IMHO. I have only tried R'oud, Creature, and Copper Skies, and R'Oud is definitely my fave. I'd like to try the two new ones some time.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock