Code of Conduct

Default Awesome YouTube reviews

Maybe I'm late to the party with this guy, but I did a search and didn't find anything about his reviews on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LgwF...8&feature=plcp

They give good information, and had me crying with laughter. If you like a Jersey accent and attitude with your fragrance reviews, check this guy out.

Default Re: Awesome YouTube reviews

I think it's hard to find enjoyable Youtube reviews. Personally that review was painful for me :')
    There gets to a point where some people are almost embarassed to be publically talking about fragrances (like this guy) - who doesn't want to show his face, and trying to fit as much slang in as you can to disguise the fact your talking about fragrance. Dire!
    It's like MyMickers, I can sit through about 10 seconds of the shouting before I turn off.
    Ah well.

I get your feelings. I too only last for a few seconds of MyMickers and just can't deal with the yelling and over articulation. Al from Street Scents drives me nuts by repeating everything about 4 times in a very robotic way. Still, I tend to watch some that I am interested in. This guy was very non-technical, but I liked his style.

Basenotes Member

his name is eric, and yeah he definitely has his own style.but all it really boils down to is that he's passionate about fragrance and wants to share it with the community. just like everybody on here.

The only youtube reviewers I really enjoy are Kerosene, Mymickers (took some time but now I like his style), and Robes08 (who obviously puts in the most time and research for his reviews)

I don't want to watch a video of a fragrance bottle for 10 minutes, I don't want to be given misinformation (which I'm sure comes from inexperience), and I don't want to be told my opinions are wrong (no matter how many times Al says I respect that, you can tell he's still judging)

Over articulation...i prefer to call it passion

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    They give good information, and had me crying with laughter. If you like a Jersey accent and attitude with your fragrance reviews, check this guy out.
    I'm pretty sure that's a Boston accent, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    Haha! Yeah, I still watch, but then I guess it's your passion that drives me nuts. lol We are similar, because I think we both are addicted to sampling!

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp:2584981
    Haha! Yeah, I still watch, but then I guess it's your passion that drives me nuts. lol We are similar, because I think we both are addicted to sampling!
    It's ok, my wife tells me I yell too. I just get excited when I talk about fragrances. This is something I really love. If you talked with me in my real life you'd see it's pretty much just who I am. I'm just a loud kind of guy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp:2584981
    Yeah, the fun in it for me is not so much the collecting part but more of the exploration of scent. Just so much damn fun coming across new things and trying to figure stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp:2584059
    Maybe I'm late to the party with this guy, but I did a search and didn't find anything about his reviews on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LgwF...8&feature=plcp

I'm glad you like eric's vids and brought this up. I'm very honored to have this man as a friend and I thoroughly enjoy his reviews as well. Informative and highly entertaining. If this man doesn't have passion about fragrances, I dont know who in the hell does, lol

Sampling started out as a necessity, but now it's just more of an addiction. The thought of possibly missing out on the perfect scent is too much to resist. Sampling has also shocked me many times with some stuff that I thought I would love, only to discover they were real stinkers. Keep up the good work! I guess I'll have a new respect for your passion of fragrances through the form of articulation!!

And yes, I loved Eric's videos and his form of yelling literally had me laughing non-stop at work to the point others walked in to watch. I like that he's down to earth and explains it street style. Sorry if some people don't see the humor in it, cause I love it!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Ash Oh Ash Where are you and your reviews these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a Boston accent, though.
    New England accent for sure