Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Meeting Francis Kurkdjian next week. Which bottle to buy and get signed? APOM or APLS???

So Francis Kurkdjian is coming to my Neiman Marcus next week and I'm going to get my Lumiere Noire bottle signed and plan on picking up one more. I am torn between getting APOM which has really grown on me after sampling a few times and Absolue Pour Le Soir which is an amazing unique scent that I love, but less versatile in my opinion. I know APLS has great longevity, but still unsure of how APOM performs. Thoughts?? Help me decide. Thanks!
    Last edited by mikesc; 5th June 2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress / Venetian Bergamot / Amber Absolute HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box & Armani Myrrhe Imperiale HERE

Default Re: Meeting MFK next week. Which bottle to buy and get signed? APOM or APLS???

APOM is great though can get a bit cloying in the heat, while the drydown of APLS is very good too. I would go for APOM for as its more versatile.
    Currently wearing: Balafre by Lancôme

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Meeting MFK next week. Which bottle to buy and get signed? APOM or APLS???

I would go for the versatility of APOM pour homme which is great stuff.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I would go for the versatility of APOM pour homme which is great stuff.
    what she said
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Guerlain Arsene Lupin (Dandy)

3. Roja Dove Enigma Parfum Pour Homme
    4. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    5. Puredistance Black

Have you tried his new one called Oud? I'd go with that one. But if it were based on the two you mentioned, I'd go with APOM. Or both?

This one is difficult! I own and enjoy both but as APOM was the first I purchased of these two, I'd say go with that.

I would go for the Oud or Absolue pour le Soir. The Oud is not particularly oudy, but it's an exceptional scent.

I am one who finds APOM to be cloying, but your mileage may vary.

Another vote for APOM.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey
    Currently wearing: Island Voyage by Nautica

I would go (indeed, I do own) APLS. Rich and very elegant. Lucky you - I missed him when he visited the Chicago Neiman's.

Incidentally, I also use his laundry detergent, though it's a little bit of a splurge at $40/liter. But the laundry smells really good.

cacio

Versatility shmersatility. Go for the APLS!

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Have you tried his new one called Oud? I'd go with that one. But if it were based on the two you mentioned, I'd go with APOM. Or both?
    I really did like Oud, but not for the price they are asking.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress / Venetian Bergamot / Amber Absolute HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box & Armani Myrrhe Imperiale HERE

While I'd probably wear APOM PH more in Texas heat, I'd personally go with APLS to get it signed, without a doubt. IMO, if any from the MFK house can be called a 'masterpiece,' it's Absolue pour le Soir. If I could only have one MFK bottle signed, it would be APLS.

That said, be sure you enjoy the scent. As much as I love it, it doesn't get a lot of wear (not too versatile). However, if you have a fairly robust wardrobe, then that is less of an issue. Also, Lumiere Noire pour Homme is extremely versatile, so that makes up for it somewhat.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    While I'd probably wear APOM PH more in Texas heat, I'd personally go with APLS to get it signed, without a doubt. IMO, if any from the MFK house can be called a 'masterpiece,' it's Absolue pour le Soir. If I could only have one MFK bottle signed, it would be APLS.

That said, be sure you enjoy the scent. As much as I love it, it doesn't get a lot of wear (not too versatile). However, if you have a fairly robust wardrobe, then that is less of an issue. Also, Lumiere Noire pour Homme is extremely versatile, so that makes up for it somewhat.
    I concur.

My pick would be APOM like others have said.

Sound Scents

AplS by default.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: Enygma by Onyrico

Dependent

My personal choice: APOM.

I met MFK when he was at a Neiman Marcus in Chicago, and he is the most humble guy you can meet! Splendid individual!
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

I like both, but, for me, APLS stands out. APOM is good and well crafted, but may feel less unique.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APLS without a doubt. It is less versatile than APOM, but it is masterpiece in my opinion.

APOM is, IMO, as much a masterpiece as APLS. And I find that APOM really shines in the summer heat.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

APOM is the more versatile but I still prefer LNPH

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    APLS without a doubt. It is less versatile than APOM, but it is masterpiece in my opinion.
    +1 Agree

Have you considered CPLS? It still lasts all day but is easier to wear than APLS.

Of the two you mention though, I'd probably end up getting APLS myself.

I own and enjoy both, but I'd go for the uniqueness and strength of APLS over APOM.

I much prefer APOM and since its 'a piece of me' it would probably feel more personal for him to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    ..............Absolue Pour Le Soir which is an amazing unique scent that I love........but still unsure of how APOM performs. Thoughts?? Help me decide. Thanks!
    focus... =)

your answer might be in your original post already.
    Last edited by volley2; 5th June 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Easy for me. I like Absolue Pour Le Soir and I don't like APOM pour Homme, so...

Um, I thought the "M" stood for "Maison." Do you mean "FK?"
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

He will be bringing his own house.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolit View Post
    Um, I thought the "M" stood for "Maison." Do you mean "FK?"
    Ha. Yes. I wasn't thinking. Corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Ha. Yes. I wasn't thinking. Corrected.
    It's OK, Mike...let's just say MFK= Monsieur Francis Kurkdjian for this thread