Code of Conduct

Thread: Xerjoff 1861

Default Xerjoff 1861

Top Notes: Bergamont, Mandarin, Lime, Petitgrain

Middle Notes: Rose, Lily of the Valley, Mint

Base Notes: Cedar, Patchouli, Amber, Musk

This juice does not take the epic journey that I was expecting. It is a quiet whisper that begins speaking of wind-swept citrus fields on a sunny day. The top notes lend to a bright and zesty accord that is true to its origination in that it is very surreal and live. Taking a spray is like cutting through the fruits in a kitchen, and the talent here is how they've maintained the character, bite, and freshness of the fruit. The appendage of the middle notes is seamless and brings a tough of greenness to the experience but somehow remains subdued as to let the top notes still shine. After thirty minutes to an hour, the real magic for me is in the dry down. Its not a brut like the notes may suggest; think of it as a clean musk accord that is fresh and whispy. I find this more wearable than something like Creed's SV, albeit that SV has superior longevity. This is fun fragrance that can be enjoyed anytime you need a pick me up, and can't be over-applied.

Longevity: 2/5

Sillage: 1/5

Thoughts: Nice and clean

The Juice: To thin and whispy

Verdict: I can't justify the price based on longevity and sillage, which is mildly better than something like Hermes EDOV
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Xerjoff 1861

This has the most natural citrus ingredients of any scent I have tried. I also like the green minty leaf note and the lime freshness. I think Xerjoff hit a home run with this one. Wonderful fragrance.

I agree jack Hunter, it is a wonderful fragrance and perhaps my perception is because I've been wearing monsters from Amouage and CDG. If I were to want a nice citrus fragrance, this would be a contender. However, I have two others that I'm reviewing right now, and one is CDG Green. I think you'd love the way lime and mint play together in that one. It also has realistic notes.

I will one day try Xerjoff 1861. I have been so intrigued by it since I heard it existed!! And Scentologist, please tell me more about CDG Green, I'm quite a fan of CDG and Green seems perfectly up my alley, I LOVE MINT, and I LOVE LIME, how can you go wrong there?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Verdict: I can't justify the price based on longevity and sillage ....
    I hear you !

If anything I find it really bold and punchy, When I wear it it feels quite dense. And the longevity is exceptional compared to other fragrances in the same genre.

I've had a completely different experience with this one.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    If anything I find it really bold and punchy, When I wear it it feels quite dense. And the longevity is exceptional compared to other fragrances in the same genre.

I've had a completely different experience with this one.
    My experience is identical and I was impressed enough to make a purchase. No regrets here

I think for a citrus, it has decent longevity but I get much more mileage out of something like Bond's Noveau Bowery. I doused my chest, neck, and wrists with 1861 and the only remnants that remained of it was that which got on my shirt. I will test it more, for sure but this is the third fragrance I've tried from Xerjoff and so far, I'm not too impressed considering the hype and price take. The others were Homme and Nio.

CDG Play Green is much more to my liking. I will review it soon but will say that the mint brings depth to the lime. The vetiver and cedar seem to ground the fragrance giving it a tinge of cut grass and woody effect but never takes over. I was hoping more of the vetiver and wood would come through but I need to test this one more before I write about it. At $100 for 100ml, I get more pleasure from this one at a fraction of the price. That being said, I will continue to test them all and hope I can arrive at more definitive conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    CDG Play Green is much more to my liking. I will review it soon but will say that the mint brings depth to the lime. The vetiver and cedar seem to ground the fragrance giving it a tinge of cut grass and woody effect but never takes over. I was hoping more of the vetiver and wood would come through but I need to test this one more before I write about it. At $100 for 100ml, I get more pleasure from this one at a fraction of the price. That being said, I will continue to test them all and hope I can arrive at more definitive conclusions.
    Thanks for the short synopsis...it sounds like a great frag to me. I'll be looking forward to your full review in the near future. Thanks again.

Banned

I don't understand the price tag either.